MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-30-2002, 06:30 PM   #1
Jester4kicks
Registered Member

Default Suspension

Couple quick questions, stangsuspension.com has 2 seperate items, one is the steeda subfram connectors, and another is the subframe inter-connectors, it seems they work in tandem to basically create a full length subframe connector with seat mounts, is this accurate?

Second, what do control arms do? I'm trying to get an idea for what order I should do my suspension upgrade, it seems I should start with the connectors and then move to the springs or sway bar... anyone done anything like this yet?
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Steeda Subframe Connectors w/crossbraces
Jester4kicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 12:10 AM   #2
Jester4kicks
Registered Member

One more quick question, can the sway bars, strut tower brace, or sub frame connectors be installed without welding, or is the install to complex for the weekend mechanic? One more thing, Steeda only sells the rear sway bar, other companies offer the front, but is the front sway bar really worth it?
Steeda Strut Tower Brace
Old 05-02-2002, 09:21 AM   #3
99Pony3.8
Registered Member

I'm not sure the Steeda sub-frame connectors are full length. I'd ask them first before buying. As far as installation goes, only the sub-frame connectors need to be welded in. The strut tower brace is bolted on. You can do this yourself with a drill and a few other common tools. The sway bars are also bolted on, they should not be much of a problem, but since I have not changed mine, I can not say for sure. If they are difficult to swap out, it will be the ball-joints that cause the issue. I don't know if you will need a special ball-joint tool to remove them. Like the springs, if you swap the rear roll-bar with a stiffer one, the front should probably be changed also. Otherwise, you will disrupt the balance of the car during hard cornering. Stiffer rear bar and stock front bar will cause more weight to be placed on the front suspension in turns because the rear will not roll as much as the front. I don't know what affect this will have on the car, you may want to talk to someone who has experience tuning the suspension on Mustangs. The rear end is lose enough when the road is wet, I wouldn't want to take more weight off the rear.
Old 05-02-2002, 12:53 PM   #4
Jester4kicks
Registered Member

According to Steeda, the subframe connectors are not full length, but the cross brace allows them to be bolted to the seats. Apparently that should be enough.

I'm also curious what effect upgrading the control arms would have. Anyone touched theirs when they lowered their stang?
Steeda Strut Tower Brace

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: