MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2001, 10:49 AM   #1
Coupe Devil

Post Mallroy Dist. ?'s

I want to put a Unilite dist in the drag car but cant seem to find one. I am running an 86 model long block, 90 model heads and front coverand accessories. All the dist i find are for 302's up to 1980. I didn't know there was a difference. I asked my mechanic and he said there wasn't a difference. Any body know? I want to pick one up at NMRA in bowling green because they are supposd to have truck and sell parts cheaper there. I dont want to get one if it wont work thought
thanks.

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), 89' 4banger in prep for all out drag car. Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover. Future Mods granatelli lift bars, bbk uppers, Flex-a-lite elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p., built c-4 or c-6, e-303, 10 inch wheels in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, pulleys, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, custom headers, rear seat delete, aftermarket front seats, roll cage, ATI p
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 11:35 AM   #2
Coupe Devil

Nevermind I found one. I found a place that has all kinds of neat stuff. www.centuryperformance.com
try it

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), 89' 4banger in prep for all out drag car. Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover. Future Mods granatelli lift bars, bbk uppers, Flex-a-lite elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p., built c-4 or c-6, e-303, 10 inch wheels in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, pulleys, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, custom headers, rear seat delete, aftermarket front seats, roll cage, ATI p
Old 09-05-2001, 02:04 PM   #3
82 GT
Import Slayer

Those units are notorious for the module going bad. I have a Mallory dist. and mine went bad not long after I had it.
Make sure you read all their warnings about what NOT to do with them.
Jump starting your battery with the module hooked up will GUARANTEE spiking the module!
I recommend also buying Mallory's spike suppressor. It's cheap insurance against failures!!

------------------
'82 GT 351W C-4,BBK headers,Carter 625 carb,Comp.Cam,Flowmaster exhaust.
1988 GT...T-5,bone stock
82 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 04:02 PM   #4
Coupe Devil

After speaking with my mechanic friend we came to the conclusion a laser would be much more accurate than a magnet type dist. What dist did you go tou when yours crapped out? My friend has one in a big block and has never had problems with his.

------------------

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: