MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-11-2002, 08:21 PM   #1
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation 93-2000 survey!!

well i know some of you dont like Japanese cars. thats fine. the facts are that Japanese are overall a better built car! not saying that they are they best, but overall. now since this is a FORD site, it gets better! look at all the GM's and Chryslers. only 2 Fords! and i do believe is see a CAMARO up there?!!! FACT is that Japanese are bette built overall and Ford is right behind them! in my own opinion, that isnt that bad at all! that is actually very good! let me hear what you have to say!

Statistics1
Best and Worst
Old 02-12-2002, 02:33 AM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Here are my thoughts. Consumer Reports is full of ****. They list Chrysler as the most consistantly reliable domestic, but from everything most owners know, that's a load.

Take a look at their list if you want more proof of bias and your need of a shovel when reading their magazine.

Reliability Risks

Chrysler Concord
Dodge Intrepid
Eagle Vision
Dodge Neon
Plymoth Neon
Chrysler New Yorker
Dodge Ram
Jeep Grand Cherokee

Not a single one of their cars makes the "Good Bets" list. So how can most of their lineup be a risk, yet they finish ahead of Ford and GM?

CR has serious issues with accuracy, and obvious bias towards certain brands. I find CR to be a worthless magazine that is just waiting for a class action lawsuit, or an industry lawsuit like Suzuki rightfully launched against them. One of these days those dirty liars will get busted.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 02:52 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i dont buy that at all,my 87 f-150 has almost 200,000 miles & still roll's & does not even burn oil, i am not very nice to it but, keep up on my oil changes,rice & gm wont last that long ,dodge& or chrysler i dont know about except that everyone i know that buy's one ditche's them real quick,just my opinion,

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 05:24 PM   #4
silverv6
Registered Member

Crazy horse your right

My dad owns a 86 f150 V8 hes put so many miles on it weve already made 6 trips from california to atlanta. and his truck still runs so good ... he just keeps up with the maintnance but that truck is so good he got it brand new. On the other hand my mom owned a 94 chevy corsica and that car was pure junk she got it brand new but las year she got rid of it because it was giving her so many problems right after the warranty expired and she got a used 99 ford explorer limited. My whole family owns fords and thats just because of the good cars it makes.

____________-
00 v6 stang
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 05:39 PM   #5
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I would have had gears over a year ago if my wife's Cavalier would have been more reliable. I could have heads or an intake by now!

I think Ford does many things right, however they are not perfect. It is never wise to sit on think youhave your problems beat, because that is when your competition sneaks up and passes you.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote