MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-30-2002, 11:26 AM   #1
southernstang97

Question Help With Bolwer/chip Questions !

ok , I justed order my s-trim 8# and have been calling around to find out what kind of cost am I looking at to get a custom chip burned ,,

I have found price's from 379.00 to 500.00 , now my question is ,

Is it better to get the chipped burned where there is a dyno and they are dyno and then burning the chip ,

OR

Just fill out the custom order sheet and then they mail it off and when it comes back i just install it on the car.

Which way is better ? I need to know whats the best way to go about this and what kind of cost am I looking at . Right now I have a superchip on my car but there are no more dealers in Say Town that work with that chip , so now I am suck with a chip I can not use ( ****** ) ~~~ just don;t want to get burned again !!
Old 07-30-2002, 11:53 AM   #2
hmarv347
Registered Member

I would suggest talking with the guys at Johnson Motorsports

http://www.jmschip.com
Old 07-30-2002, 12:59 PM   #3
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

It is ALWAYS better to custom tune a chip on a dyno....
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:31 AM   #4
hmarv347
Registered Member

It is true. Having you chip custom Dyno is the ultimum we to do it. I feel if this is not available in your area the next best option would be, as I replied before, Chris Johnson at Johnson Motorsports in Theodore, Al. He is the same Chris Johnson who wrote articles on street racing for this site. Check his site out. He has many years experience with the Ford 5.0 and Modular engines. Its a good chance he has already tuned a car with the same configuration that you have.
Old 07-31-2002, 02:01 PM   #5
southernstang97

Talking dyno tune !

OK ,

I found a guy in san antonio, tx that will dyno tune my car , a new chips ,2 custom burns , 4 pulls on the dyno for 475.00. How does that price sound ?

But for sure I am going to do a dyno tune , i would think that its the best way to go !
Old 07-31-2002, 05:18 PM   #6
chico
Registered Member

Default dyno tuning

Always dyno (custom tune the car ) ,especially if you have pwr. mods like a supercharger.DO NOT ORDER A CUSTOM CHIP THRU THE MAIL! i HAVE BURNED 3 MOTORS BY NOT DOING THINGS RIGHT. And your custom tune should take as many runs as needed to properly tune the car....thers is ,or should not be alimited no. of runs to cut a chip. My first dyno took 17 chips to get it right.. My last motor was pulling 485 rwhp till it blew..plus an advance module in my chip that I controlled for an additional 4 degrees of advance, good enough for 40 more rwhp. you need to add Torco Fuel Accellator to boos the octane to at least 102 to handel the advance. I carry a case around with me. I repeat always custom tune with major pwr. mods........