MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-31-2002, 08:59 AM   #81
7000rpmisheaven
Registered Member

Default belle is right

belle is right name calling is uncalled for. The reason is that you can not tell what a person is implying by the letters they type. Unless they say that they are joking you can't really know if they are serious or not. Speedemn I initially thought your comment was meant to be offensive. I mean you are fairly new here, and the topic was a sensitive one.

Im not trying to tell anyone how to act. Just giving my opinion.
milodon water pump, FMS 9mm wires, aluminum driveshaft, king cobra clutch
7000rpmisheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 05:53 PM   #82
Tod
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mustangbelle306
and Tod I'm entitled to have my opinion on manners, just like Speedemn is entitled to think that Mach 1 is a dildo breath
LOL point taken
Old 01-31-2002, 06:46 PM   #83
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Why did you come over to this board anyways? Was it simply to argue that a 2.0L motor that has to be imported by some guy in Colorado is better than the 302 or any kind of American engine. When you come to a Mustang/American oriented website you should be prepared to encounter a little thing called BIAS. Plus name calling on the Internet is dumb because we can't hear your tone of voice to know if you were being sarcastic or if you were serious. Grow up.
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 01:14 AM   #84
84LX89GT
Mustangs

well, this topic has 6 pages so far, almost full....let's see if everyone can call each other enough names to fill out to 10. That would be impressive .

Oh...and i thought the name calling was all in good fun, and rather funny as well but then again i'm childish

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2002, 11:19 AM   #85
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

the only thing about name calling on the computer is that you don't know if it is all in good fun. I agree name calling can be fun with your friends but you know them and you are just joking with them Here you don't know that. But whatever
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 05:54 PM   #86
SuperchargedRex
Registered Member

Default Uncle Ben's

Quote:
Originally posted by jetuomi
SO, what was the original point of discussion?

Hey, do you guys have any idea how much crap I have to listen to when I go into a shop. "Yo yo yo, whassup, why yo ride look so vanilla ???" Then I pop the hood and enjoy the momentary silence as they try to catch their breath.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:11 AM   #87
funkymonkey
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperchargedRex
Hey, do you guys have any idea how much crap I have to listen to when I go into a shop. "Yo yo yo, whassup, why yo ride look so vanilla ???"
move to australia... lol we love our supercharged V6's n V8's and our RX's n Skylines alike...

Honda drivers not welcome... come to think of it any FWD ricer car driver.

Fear my stove lights!
funkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:51 AM   #88
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

I read this thread and I'd like to include my opinon. Some of you guys mentioned that the ricer thing is a fad. I'm afraid I have to disagree with it. They already have several companies dedicated to making and selling parts for their cars. Their are shops that specialize in their cars. Magazines like Summit and Jegs have dedicated sections of their mags for these cars. Their are four racing series for these cars. It's not fad, people. It's the newest wave in cars today. I'm not a fan of it either. The fashions, music, the whole rice boy lifestyle. It's something that none of us are interested in.

I don't have a problem with owning or driving an import. If any of you guys have read my signature, then you know that I've done it before. Some imports are very dependable vehicles, which is why people own and drive them. It's just the people that rice them out with the wings, stickers, fart cans, wings, etc. It's the kids that think that since their car's got all that junk on it that they can take on anybody next to them.

Their's my 2.1232 cents.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 10:52 AM   #89
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Hey Funky Monkey, what are those Ford Falcons like? They look like there cool cars.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 11:09 AM   #90
funkymonkey
Registered Member

you guys don't have the ford falcons? omg... no Xr6's n XR8's running around? woah... Falcons are like bread n butter australian family car... well that and the Holden Commodore.

They're good cars, bit sluggish, but nice, not particularly fond of the new look one that just came out, (coz it looks like an integra grafted onto the old falcon) and no one wants something that looks like a honda.

Fear my stove lights!
funkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 12:36 PM   #91
ultraflo
NX dealer-man

Why is everyone so obsessed with imports on this forum??? This is the only mustang message board I browse through that has so much useless, although entertaining at times, content about "ricers" and imports in general... what happened?

I can understand why certain individuals get frustrated and claim to leave this forum, for good... yet they still manage to show up in various threads.

edited to add: I can appreciate the entertainment, however.

93 LX
9.20 @ 147mph

03 Mach 1
12.39 @ 116mph
ultraflo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 05:13 PM   #92
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
I read this thread and I'd like to include my opinon. Some of you guys mentioned that the ricer thing is a fad. I'm afraid I have to disagree with it. They already have several companies dedicated to making and selling parts for their cars.
Then I would have to disagree with you Dan-Man. This "rice" crap is a fad....
There are auto enthusiasts (Domestic and Import), and there are "ricers" (Domestic and Import)

A 'ricer can drive anything made by anyone... the term just originated that way because the majority of these idiots were driving imports at the start of this whole "scene".

It IS a fad... (The outrageous paint jobs, the 16 huge fog lamps, the blow-off valve noise makers, the fake intercoolers, the tri-plane wing, the bazooka tube diguised as an NOS bottle... I could go on and on)
This stuff will go out of the window the same time as sideways hat wearing and jeans 10 sizes too big go out of style.....

These idiots are laughed at by true import enthusiasts just as much as we laugh at them.

Now there was a point made by someone about domestic reliability still not being on par with run of the mill Japanese imports... I'm afraid I must disagree.... With just BASIC maintenance both my 83 and my 88 5.0 have gone well over 150k miles and are still kicking just fine. I don't see any more 83 Hondas than I do 83 Fords on the road. (And we were still wayyyy behind the imports in reliability during the 80's) But nowadays I see absolutely nothing to convince me that a 2002 Honda or Mitsubishi is any more reliable than a 2002 Ford or Chevy....

As far as the I-4 engine that was discussed....
When you start out with a small bore and 4 cylinders, you absolutely RELY on boost. You have to use forced induction to get comparable numbers with a modern domestic V-8.
Now if that's the route you like, have fun....
I've seen a lot of half-assed import guys at the track throwing money at Civics and such. Turbos, big hits of NOS, and front slicks. Some will run pretty quick until their engine grenades.... and boy do they grenade. Just keep increasing that boost guys, those stock Civic internals will do JUST FINE.....

Can you get the right combination on a small 4 with lots of boost to get insane numbers? Sure you can. It's all about money and patience..... Just like domestics.... The problem is that most of the "import enthusiasts" we see on the roads aren't enthusiasts at all.... they're posers that don't know the difference between a fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator.

Quote:
I think you guys make a lot of valid points about "ricers." However it seems like you are making a blanket statement just by looking at a very small proportion of the import scene.
Speedemn, I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the states, there is 1 "true" import enthusiast for every 30 "rice" boys. I am not kidding... It IS that bad. In many areas, the "true" enthusiasts are the minority, especially on the import side.
That is why many of us tend to unfortunately group you guys in sometimes.

I'll sum up with a quote from 95MustangGT:
Quote:
You can through 20 psi from a turbo on a Supra, but guess what? Through 20 psi from a turbo on the 4.6L DOHC in a Mustang Cobra, and see where we stand.

Rice is not who drives Toyota or Ford or Chev or Honda.

RICE IS AN ATTITUDE
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote