MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-12-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Angry xupiter.com?

This site is somehow screwing up my computer. When I just clicked on a link inside MW, the xupiter.com site flashed across my screen. I don't think it has anything to do with MW, as I have been having this problem for a while.

Xupiter.com somehow sets itself as my homepage periodically and when I use control+al+delete, there are about 15 applications linked to xupiter.com that are running. I never visited this site and do not know how it got started on my computer. I think it may be linked to musicmatch somehow. When I was trying to stop all the programs that were running, I got a window that said something to the effect that xupiter would launch whenever musicmatch was launched.

What can I do?

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 09:50 PM   #2
LayanRubr
Registered Member

I hate that crap, well to get it off as your start webpage go to tools in internet explorer the internet options, homepage tab is at the top to tweak. Ok next to get rid of it go to your start button and go to run. In the run box type in msconfig. Then go to startup and you can check or uncheck the stuff that starts up on your computer. (most likely xupiter is in there) then press ok and restart. If that doesnt work leme know, I hate this! Oh also check out Ad-Aware ,its cool and removes all of that stuff other programs install you dont want for ad's ect. Good luck!
Rice Hater's Club member #20
LayanRubr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 11:11 PM   #3
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation

well i dont use any ad ware program, but i know you wont have these problems, as far as i know, if you use Mozilla or Netscape.

Here is some really good info:xupiter

i go through the computer and delete everything myself. Most of the hardcore stuff is in regestry, if you dont know what that is, then maybe the site above can help you.

Are you running Explorer? Turn off your Active X.

James
Old 03-12-2003, 11:14 PM   #4
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Thanks for the help guys!

Oh, what is Active X?

1990 LX

1998 Contour SVT

Old 03-12-2003, 11:22 PM   #5
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

OKay, I went into msconfig and saw what you were talking about. The problem is, when I uncheck items such as xupiter, the system goes into selective start up mode. How do I make my changes become part of the "normal start up mode" so that I don't get the system config utility running everytime I boot up?

1990 LX

1998 Contour SVT

Old 03-13-2003, 12:11 AM   #6
srv1
Get down.....

you got to get rid of everything Xupiter put in. Registry is where most of it is. If you dont know how to use it, i suggest you leave it alone. Did you read the thread?
Old 03-13-2003, 02:12 AM   #7
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

srv1 - The link isn't working for me. I know a little about registries, but probably not enough to be messing with it a lot.

I understand I need to get rid of everything xupiter put on my machine, but the problem is even when I do, I think i am picking it up again somehow. That is what my last post was in regards to....I was just trying to disable it at start up.

I would like to get it completely off my computer though....obviously that would be best. Can you try that link again, or just paste the web address in a thread? Thanks again!

1990 LX

1998 Contour SVT

Old 03-13-2003, 01:34 PM   #8
Shaggy
Registered Member

Just usse the ad-aware program as stated above http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...search=+Go%21+ It is free for the basic edition and it will automatically remove all of it out of you registry and anywhere on your harddrive. along with any other spyware/adware y be lurking on your machine. Which you probaly have also that you don't know about. Also if you are running kazaa don't delete the cdclint.dll put it on your ignore list or else kazaa will not workl anymore. If you are using kazaa then i suggest uninstalling it and installing kazaalite www.kazaalite.com It is free as well the only problem is the guy has a bunch of pop-up to pay for his bandwidth but you only have to deal with that once then no more popups from kazaa well at least 99% of the kazaa popups are gone.
Old 03-14-2003, 10:05 AM   #9
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I got ad-aware installed. I don't think it deleted all of the xupiter files, as I found some doing a search on my machine. I went ahead and deleted them, although they may still be in the registry .

Anyway, I think I am on the right track to getting everything back to normal.

1990 LX

1998 Contour SVT

Old 03-17-2003, 01:06 AM   #10
moc
Registered Member

Cool the only way

Is to do a regedit ,in run .then when the registry comes up ,do a edit,then find ,type in xupiter.Then each time it finds something with xupiter,go to the reg folder in the left hand ,and right click and delete it, then go to edit and hit the findnext (important) then keep deleting till it can't find anymore ,if all else fails try to do a system restore ,like 2 weeks ago findnext
05/04/09
(Hangar Queen)
SMOKEM UP
moc is offline   Reply With Quote