MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-20-2001, 09:09 PM   #1
jayslx
Registered Member

Question 8 into 4

Can somone please tell me what i need to do as far as rearend and frontend I am starting to chang motors next week or can i leave that stuff alone until i have more money. and drive it with the v8 in and if there is any thing more i need to no.thankyou
jayslx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2001, 11:14 AM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Lightbulb

I dont know what you would have to do to the front end but for sure you will need to put a limited slip or posi 8.8 inch rearend to handle the new found power. Of course this isnt something you would just have to do but you know damn good and well after you finish you engine swap first thing your gonna want to do is haul *** . I had a friend in high school that went through the engine swap. His car was fast as hell cause he went to a 351 fi, Off the line though he would get dusted cause he would spin the hell out of the one tire. I dont think he did any mods except for the motor and pony rims with fat tires.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible BBk equal length headers mac cold air intake cowl hood nitto drag radials ford racing clutch flow masters h-pipe.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote