MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-28-2000, 11:33 PM   #21
cometbfx
Registered Member

"Every fault finder, smells his own hine-der"

Hemmingway?

------------------
HeadsUp4ever!

Hell, I'll drink to that!
cometbfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 03:46 AM   #22
moosejaw
Registered Member

Nevermind.

[This message has been edited by moosejaw (edited 12-30-2000).]
moosejaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 07:48 AM   #23
88workcar
Registered Member

Gautam, You stated, "I noticed over time". You have only 97 post. You are a puppy, Mabey a educated puppy, but a puppy. We all fogive and go on here. This is not grammar school. It is a Mustang MESSAGE board.

Lighten up, don't take life so serous. Oh by the way, don't beat up on me, I entered the work force at the age of 13, and had to sacrafice education to help raise the family. So some of this text may be wrong acording to you high standards.

------------------
Jason B Johnson 88LX,speed density,edel heads,4.30s,B-303,cobra,tremac,
12.38 @ 111.28 1.80 60ft 28X10 street tires
12.17 @ 112 26 X 10 slicks
88workcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 10:00 AM   #24
Mach 1
Registered Member

Yeah, high standards for someone who cant spell? Maybe you should concentrate on your spelling, and not so much on your paragraphs, then we can understand what YOU are trying to say.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 11:04 AM   #25
Gautam
Registered Member

Hi,
Oh crap, I can't believe how this all backfired on me. I mean, all I asked for was splitting up paragraphs.

And these paragraphs didn't even have to be split up according to the English language/grammar. I don't believe I have a spelling problem; if I do make a spelling error, it's most likely a typo.

Oh well...

Bye!

------------------
Gautam N. Lad
http://www.cubicdesign.com
http://www.cubicdesign.com/mustang/
Gautam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2000, 08:54 PM   #26
S Howard
Registered Member

I have requested Dan to initiate a spellchecker option, however the option was not deemed feasible. In the meantime, I believe it is neither time nor effort consuming to scan your posts for spelling errors. Like it or not, people will judge you based on your word choice and spelling.
S Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 03:43 AM   #27
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Cool

LOL Don't worry Guatam, all is well! Some things bug me too, but usually I stay silently irked!! It's all good! Although I have to say, I am a BIG non-paragraph man... I always write huge chunks of sentences!! LOL

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!!
13.71@105mph
Check out my listing! Click here!

joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 11:02 AM   #28
90LSC
Registered Member

Let me add to the fire again.
which vs witch
brake vs break
If English is not your 1st language, cool, confusion is understandable. Otherwise........
90LSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 01:20 PM   #29
Michelle Page
Registered Member

Hey Gautam,
I was picking on you for being nit picky!

------------------
1995 Mustang V6,automaatic
1966 Mustang
The long term project
1983 Mustang GT
The 460 project

Michelle Page is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 02:14 PM   #30
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Ok I'm just going to throw out my 2 cents. Personally I come on here to post and read about mustang info. I could give a $hit about grammar spelling etc etc. I am a college student and get quite enough of that crap at school. When I am at home I want to be able to drop my guard and not worry about it.

That being said I have multiple and many errors of all type in every post I make probably and if people think i'm not educated or less of a person becuase of it that's their judgement to make.(notice that last sentence was a run on sentence huh?)

I don't mind splitting my big paragraphs up into little ones if it makes it easier for people to read, but as long as people can understand what i'm saying(I don't think a few spellliing or grammar mistakes will change that) then i'm not going to waste my time trying to make my posts look pretty.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 02:27 PM   #31
Unit 5302
Registered Member

The only thing that drives me nuts is when some nubie pops in and posts something like this.

HELP GRINDING!

MY CAR 87 GT HAVE TRANNY MAKING NOISE WHEN GEAR FLOORED ONLY LIKE 2000 MAYBE 300 RPMS ARE FASTER THAN WHEN MAKES NOISE.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA'S, I NEED TO FIX QUICK SHOPPING WHEN HAVE TO GO SOON.

I swear to god, the next serious post like that that I see I'm going to flame the hell outta the poster. I see one about once every couple weeks and they start getting all peeved cause nobody's answering them because it's so incoherent that you can't figure out what they want!

[This message has been edited by Unit 5302 (edited 12-31-2000).]
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 02:36 PM   #32
S Howard
Registered Member

Posts and replies are regarded as informal and are not intended to be 'pretty'. I wonder sometimes if information given is accurate if spelling--not so much grammar--is overlooked. Attention to detail, enhances the accuracy of facts.
Old 12-31-2000, 02:58 PM   #33
Snakeman
Registered Member

Question

you gonna tell me how to wipe my butt too?

I like writing in one big muddle. it makes me feel like i'm really talking to someone when i'm really just typing meaningless drivel to appease the masses and learning about runon sentences and the like. now i really hope that at least somebody has the comon sense to be annoyed and flame the $hit out of me because i probably deserve it after blatantly running on at the mouth (keyboard??) about absolutely nothing, let alone mustang talk, which is why we come here in the first place, really. isn't it? so, i don't have a running mustang now and i feel like being a pita because it is in my nature, you see. most people probably don't remember me being so wordy, but i believe the situation requires some grounding in fact and a basis for complaint, so now that i have completely run out of things to say, let me continue to add that a few more days and i'll be out cruising in my stang and i'm going to find some guy that thinks he's all that and i'm gonna show him just what he's got. nada. zip. nothing. just a shiny piece of crap that nobody will look at again. does that make any sense? no I thought not. I guess i've made my worthless point by now. haven't I? maybe not. you see, the point is that well, i don't have a point, i was really just seeing if i could write a really annoying post that is on-topic in a really twisted sort of way. and if anyone really read all this, get a freakin' life! I got nothing to say until my car is fixed and until then i will just have to try to be funny in my own way. so, to anyone that likes to write in long continuous paragraphs, Joke 'em in the @ss if they can't take a *****! (is it ok to say that here? I've been away at a webboard that believes in totally free speech unlike the conservative musclecar boards that use filters...but thats a whole different bag of worms, eh?) anyway, that wasn't why I came here, i came here to rebel against single sentence paragraphs that I have previously been so inclined to type rapidly and succinctly into the ether which is the internet in all it's glory and etc. now seeming too short to really make a point, so i must run on and on and on. why is that i wonder? at least I can spell pretty good. P-R-E-T-T-Y G-O-O-D. see?! I knew I could!. so now if you have read to this point you really are worse off than the ones that stopped halfway and the ones that just skipped all this crap, I applaud your bravery! you have done precisely what was required of you and have most successfully earned the privelidge of reading the last few little bits which may actually go on quite long, seeming as how i have gone on so long, why stop now when i'm just getting up some steam? well, i do have a life, and no matter how quickly i type, it is still time taken away from my current favorite website where people are attacked with a vengeance for less than this foolishness of 'breaking up paragraphs' to make one guy happy. anyway, hope you have/have had a wonderful holiday season and that you got everything you wanted and more.

man, what a load!

------------------
Rob Wegner
90LX
Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 03:10 PM   #34
90LSC
Registered Member

Might I suggest you cut back on the coffee? I may be mistaken but you seem a little high strung at the moment.
Old 12-31-2000, 03:58 PM   #35
Rev
Registered Member

Coffee? I was thinking more like everclear or something along those lines.

Rev
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 04:20 PM   #36
Snakeman
Registered Member

Cool

getting closer...

Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2000, 04:49 PM   #37
S Howard
Registered Member

Forget the thoughts of wisdom, how about we just post pictures??

Old 12-31-2000, 08:48 PM   #38
90LSC
Registered Member

And Snakeman, no, I won't tell you how to wipe your butt. I just hope that you do.
Old 01-01-2001, 02:02 AM   #39
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Red face

DAYUM Rob!! You go!
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2001, 03:41 AM   #40
cometbfx
Registered Member

Well, now that you asked for opinions......

If you don't like someone's paragraphs, it sounds to me like YOU'RE the one with a problem!

------------------
HeadsUp4ever!

Hell, I'll drink to that!

[This message has been edited by cometbfx (edited 01-01-2001).]
cometbfx is offline   Reply With Quote