MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2002, 09:23 PM   #21
Mach 1
Registered Member

ugggggghhhh....the more I look at it, the more I hate it. Its clearly overdone and tacky.

Any one with good taste would never buy that car. What the heck is up with the "gone in 60 seconds" on the rear valence and that other chicken scratch on the blower pipes?

I feel sorry for the seller, as I dont think hes gonna get any buyers for that abortion.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2002, 10:00 PM   #22
PKRWUD

That is in the top 5 most ugly Mustangs I have ever seen. There is not one thing I see on that car that looks good.

What an amazing waste of time and money.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 02:29 PM   #23
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

That's new one on me. The wing isn't too bad, as long as it's functional. Have you seen the American Iron cars and the wings they use?

The best I can say about that car is that it's different.
Old 08-28-2002, 02:47 PM   #24
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Speaking of the background! There is a red ricer behind the white ricer stang, and then there is another red "Saleen" conv't with an even worse ricer wing then the first on it. SHeesh.
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 02:58 PM   #25
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhitecobra
. The wing isn't too bad, as long as it's functional.
Are you feeling ok? Maybe you should have another look before you make such a statement, just to be sure.
RHC member #142
Old 08-28-2002, 10:29 PM   #26
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

You're criticizing the guy for the wing, yet you're okay with the barbed wire that looks like Pep Boys decals, and the paint in the midsection that looks like a cross between snakeskin and skin disease?!?!

The car overall is really...odd...to say the least. No wonder the dude's got people hating on him, he's obviously desperate for attention with no taste
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2002, 10:44 PM   #27
1969 Stang
Registered Member

its a new store...its called ricers R us...lol...

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #37
1969 Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2002, 05:10 AM   #28
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhitecobra
The wing isn't too bad, as long as it's functional.

I can assure you it is not functional, not in any positive way...
RHC member #142
Old 08-29-2002, 03:36 PM   #29
Tod
Registered Member

my favorite part of the vehicle description was.....

"This Saleen has been tastefully customized by it's owner who is an expert painter."

......rrriiiiiiiggghhttt. looks like he went a tad overboard with the paint. as far as the spoiler goes, if dude is fast and his car's got downforce on the rear wheels then what's the big deal? besides, the spoiler can be changed a whole lot easier (and cheaper) than getting that horrible paint fixed.
Old 08-29-2002, 03:43 PM   #30
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Tod
as far as the spoiler goes, if dude is fast and his car's got downforce on the rear wheels then what's the big deal?
Ok...why does everyone say this? Are you really unable to see exactly HOW TALL that spoiler truly is??? And I certainly hope you wouldn't condone reaching the high speeds to actually utilize the wing..........

No big deal, we're just grumbling over the "look at me"-ness of this poor Stang
Old 08-30-2002, 08:13 AM   #31
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

OMG>... You idiots who are claiming downforce as a factor better check your physics book out of the library.

VERY few street mustangs would get even a "marginal" benefit from a "functional spoiler". We are NOT driving Formula 1 cars here..... Unless you AVERAGE triple digit speeds, don't even TALK to me about your "functional spoiler" or I'll beat you with it......

Geeze... do some ******* RESEARCH!!!!!

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
929PhoenixSquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 11:39 AM   #32
Tod
Registered Member

ok, so calling me (or anyone else) an idiot is the way to show maturity and solidifying your argument. settle down.

besides, i said "IF he's got downforce", i never said he had MaD dOwnForcEz yO!!! geez. and yes i know that you have to go pretty f-r-i-g-g-i-n fast to have a spoiler (even just a factory GT spoiler) "utilized". and no i won't do some research because i have better things to do with my time than study the exciting realm of the effects of spoilers on cars.

never said the spoiler was cool, sWeEt yO, or even close to tasteful. I said it wasn't "as bad" as the horrible paint job. maybe you should read first before you get all huffy and wanna beat me with it.

not all of us (especially me apparently) have an overwhelming knowledge of annoying facts to throw at people regarding moving objects such as cars. excuse the heck outta me.........
Old 08-30-2002, 12:53 PM   #33
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tod
ok, so calling me (or anyone else) an idiot is the way to show maturity and solidifying your argument. settle down.

besides, i said "IF he's got downforce", i never said he had MaD dOwnForcEz yO!!! geez. and yes i know that you have to go pretty f-r-i-g-g-i-n fast to have a spoiler (even just a factory GT spoiler) "utilized". and no i won't do some research because i have better things to do with my time than study the exciting realm of the effects of spoilers on cars.

never said the spoiler was cool, sWeEt yO, or even close to tasteful. I said it wasn't "as bad" as the horrible paint job. maybe you should read first before you get all huffy and wanna beat me with it.

not all of us (especially me apparently) have an overwhelming knowledge of annoying facts to throw at people regarding moving objects such as cars. excuse the heck outta me.........
First of all, I have no idea who you even are. I was not attacking anyone in particular. If I had been, I surely would have told you that YOU were an idiot. So don't get so freakin touchy on me.....I ain't your beotch.....so don't take everything posted here to heart or you will wind up a very disturbed individual.

I was merely stating that if someone were bold enough to justify a wing such as the referrenced above, they better have some RESEMBLENCE of a statistic to back it up. If the basis of such a wing is simply, "The owner is tachy as ****," then so be it. However, taking a utilitarian stance warrants a request of proof. No one attacked your opinion here....if you think it's ugly, that's great. If you think it's gorgeous, that's great.

SN95 block front and rear seats, Mac catback, BBK off-road H-pipe, Steeda castor camber plates, Steeda lowering springs, Tokico shocks/struts, Alpine/MBQuart/PPI audio mods...
Old 08-30-2002, 01:53 PM   #34
Tod
Registered Member

i really don't care who you were talking to, a spoiler is no reason to call someone an idiot, me or anyone else. i'm anything but touchy, but i really don't like being talked down to for no reason, especially over a stinkin spoiler.

they're just for looks anyway imo, nothing worth getting worked up about. if someone thinks that any spoiler creates enough downforce at 50mph to make a difference, let them. if you know alot about them, good for you, the average person doesn't think about it anyway.

bottom line, that Mustang is a giant peice of crap. how about that then?
Old 08-30-2002, 02:01 PM   #35
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by Tod
i really don't care who you were talking to, a spoiler is no reason to call someone an idiot, me or anyone else. i'm anything but touchy, but i really don't like being talked down to for no reason, especially over a stinkin spoiler.
Well not to get involved, but I don't think the outburst was over a spoiler per se...but there are people on here (and all over) who try to justify their extravagant mods with scientific or mechanical reasons...and its all bologna!

I gotta agree that its cool to just say "I like it" or "I hate it", but if you're going to state that there IS some function associated with a part, you should probably have something to stand on, ya know?
Old 08-30-2002, 02:27 PM   #36
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tod
Well, the "spoiler" was not the cause of the term "idiot." It was the ascertation of it's functionality in defense of it's existence. Which, in most cases, should be backed up by some sort of detail.

Further, my statement was not intended to insult or offend anyone in particular. It was a blanket remark toward a general audience.....nothing more....and you DID take offense to it as illustrated in your past 2 posts.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tod
bottom line, that Mustang is a giant peice of crap. how about that then? [/B]
Ahmen to that brother!

Old 08-30-2002, 02:30 PM   #37
The Deuce
Registered Member

There actually was a test done with the SN Gt's. The car was 3 mph faster in the top without the spoiler. Porche's wail tails are functional at speeds over 45 mph for the older cars and at 75 mph plus for the new cars. But look at how they are shaped, just like an airplane wing.

That spoiler is useless and tasteless. You would only neet one as big as the Cobra wing to get max downforce for that car. The foil on the Cobra R was (I think adjustable) but still didn't NEED to be that big. Look at the spoilers on Nascar. How big do they really need to be?

If you thought it looked good for physics reasons or just apperance, then you are an idiot, IMO.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #38
*Steeda90GT*
Registered Member

I think you all have too much time on your hands to argue about this.
94 Oxford White GT. 17" Factory wheels with 275/40/17 Nitto Drag Radials. Vortech S-Trim, Anderson Power Pipe, 24lb injectors, T-Rex external, 190lph internal, 3.55s, 65mm TB, Pro M 77mm MAF, Pro 5.0 shifter, Saleen Gauges, Crane ignition, MAC longtubes, catalytic h-pipe, flowmasters.
*Steeda90GT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 03:13 PM   #39
929PhoenixSquid
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by *Steeda90GT*
I think you all have too much time on your hands to argue about this.
Yup......

Old 08-30-2002, 03:26 PM   #40
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

For a rear spoiler to be effective it needs to be big and up high so it is out of the disturbed air going over the surface of the car and it also needs to be properly designed as an airfoil. From there the downforce goes up as the square of speed. So unless it's big and ugly, it probably isn't doing much except spoiling lift in the back of the car at very high speeds to keep it from feeling light in the anus.
The sad thing about a lot of the FWD imports is that their ugly wings ARE quite functional, but the back end of a FWD is not where you really need the downforce...
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote