MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2001, 09:16 AM   #41
Try Me
Registered Member

Talking

Yeah, that guy from CARP must be trash.

I'm not sure how you feel about this, but some of those guys who dumped on us at c.c.com may keep coming to Alta Bank on weekends, i'm not sure how that's going to go over

Old 05-01-2001, 09:29 AM   #42
Lui Kang
Registered Member

Is that a threat?

Just like all the threats that were posted on our board as well as the ones emailed to the club?
Old 05-01-2001, 09:34 AM   #43
Try Me
Registered Member

Big Man - i never e-mailed the club after i was banned.

I'm wondering if you or your coward members will throw insults as freely in person as they did on the board.

You guys were getting way too personal, you should know better, i live here.

Old 05-01-2001, 09:39 AM   #44
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Before anyone (including Try Me) flames this guy, LUI KAN is the only administrator that make sense on the board there.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lui Kang:
PS: You also know damn well that a board like this one would NEVER accomodate our needs as sport compact car fanatics, so don't cry cause we haven't accomodated you guys!

[This message has been edited by Lui Kang (edited 05-01-2001).]
Why don't you try it out AL, you would be suprised. As long as what you say is well supported, there is no problems.
Old 05-01-2001, 09:39 AM   #45
Lui Kang
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Try Me:
Big Man - i never e-mailed the club after i was banned.
I never said you did. I'm just saying that some of your buddies did.

And yes, I'm more than willing to talk to anyone, especially you . I've met Carm and Seb, and I got no beef with them what so ever. So cut me some slack, you are not in a position to talk sh*t... yet.

------------------
Lui Kang
You just don't get it, do you?
Old 05-01-2001, 09:47 AM   #46
TOPH R
Registered Member

YA, why don;t we all just be a bit more friendly here?

I posted what I saw, and yes I was mad, I apolgize for offending some.
I DO hope you realise that what I said held some value.
Too often in the car world people choose to segregate themselves from other groups!
Down here in toronto our little club has everything from civics to pickups to audi's to stangs, to vettes, and we sponsor a late model stocker in cascar.
I DO own a neon, and I DO own a stang, they are 2 very different cars, I only drive the stang when its nice out, shes my baby, but the neon is also my baby, cuz she and I have done all sorts of stupid things together.

And in the end, isnt that what it boils down to?
The love of the car?

Sorry for being so rash tho, i wasted all of our time!

Old 05-01-2001, 09:56 AM   #47
TOPH R
Registered Member

and just to re-itterate

"the 4 speed in the mustang is probably the most advanced 4 speed available in a performance car!"

that was me, a stang owner, talking out of my *** to defend it!
I am well aware of the suck factor of the auto-stang!

and for those that call it rice, there is a guy down here that has a scorpion wing(huge 3 tier wing) on his v6 auto, he has a bag around the auto to make it look stick, he has a HUGE RACTIVE muffler on the end, and he has GT badges all over it!
thats rice!
is my purely stock looking neon rice?
I dunno, I dont think you'e be able to tell it from a stock one, other than the fact its lowered about 1 inch!

Regardless, love don't hate! That was the point I was trying to make.
We all know its cool to be at the dragstrip and see a stang pull an 11 or 12, but can you honestly say you arent impressed when you see some civic pull a 12?
I know I am!
Cars are cool!
Hate isn't, so again, I apologize for fueling the flames of aggression and ignorance!
Old 05-01-2001, 11:30 AM   #48
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Do Camaro SS (The new ones) come with Autos? I havent seen one that has one in it and just assumed they didnt option one.

Must be the air or something here, but the Fastest new LS-1 I've seen is a 2000 Z28 SS coupe that has aftermarket headers/exhaust,K&N, and a chip (this is what the guy said) running a 12.8 on his 2nd of 5 runs. Average was 13.2.

I've also saw several 97-98 FireBird Trans-Am Ram Air models at the strip, and they dont pull any faster than 13.4, there average bieng 13.5 . Maybe its the track, but I'm not seeing the Rip Roaring HP that the LS-1's are cranking out.

Granted that the 12.8 was impressive with the 2000 SS, but he was modded. One of these days, I'm going to take my cars down there and see what they'll run. I've beaten the guy with the Trans-Am Ram air 98 model in my 2000 GT on the streets, and after seeing him run, it has me courious.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, high side of 10.5:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:36 AM   #49
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard King:
Before anyone (including Try Me) flames this guy, LUI KAN is the only administrator that make sense on the board there.

I'll have to agree with you there, Lizard.
I think that there are ALOT of broad generalizations going on, and the people that just like speed and racing are getting unnecessarily flamed and banned for what others are saying.
I have had my a$$ kicked by some sport compacts, and appreciated their speed, amazed at the power some of them are able to produce.
I have also handed some their own a$$es, the ones all dressed up looking like they were fast. (Rice) They are also, by far, the biggest sore losers of the bunch.
I sit back and watch the flames and think, boy, I'd love to see the trash talkers line up and see what they can do... with witnesses... put your money where your mouth is.
and ya know... have fun!

------------------
Joe!
1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.71@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:
www.joe4speed.com
1999 Ninja ZX-6R 10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

[This message has been edited by JL1314 (edited 05-01-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001, 11:38 AM   #50
Try Me
Registered Member

Lizard King - don't we have a video of an LS1 'vert with throttle body running a turbo civic? That should put the debate to rest, think

Myself, contrary to the goat azz's at contemporary goat azz's.com say, run Camaro's as much as possible, and let me tell you, LS1 's are no slouches
Old 05-01-2001, 12:19 PM   #51
NTIMD8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Try Me:
Lizard King - don't we have a video of an LS1 'vert with throttle body running a turbo civic? That should put the debate to rest, think

Myself, contrary to the goat azz's at contemporary goat azz's.com say, run Camaro's as much as possible, and let me tell you, LS1 's are no slouches
Ya but those LT1's sure are slow hey?

------------------
SHP RACING

www.SHPRACING.com
Hang on for the ride of your life!
Old 05-01-2001, 12:24 PM   #52
Try Me
Registered Member

Talking

Come to think of it, i've never beat an LT1 either, but i'll still give 'er a try, you never know, my car may have gotten faster

Old 05-01-2001, 06:03 PM   #53
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation

I dont see what the big deal is. Imports will always be imports, and muscle cars will always be muscle cars. If you cant beat a rice, then try making yours faster instead of bitchin, because the other guy/gal already has. That is racing, to make it faster or better or whatever.If you lose against an import, dont be an *** towards them, ***** at yourself for not making it as fast or better as his/hers. Evidently they know something that you dont know. I'll admit, it sucks to get beat by an import when your in your Stang, but it really doesnt happen that often. It takes more money to build those imports to go fast (except for NOS) than it usually does our American Muscle Cars. Remeber, our Camaros and Stangs come out of the bo in the 13-14 second range, theirs doesnt(except a few!). So dont waste time getting ticked off at the import dude, save it the aggresion to put in your car. I hope the import people can do the same.
-------------------
90 Black-on-Black LX
Totally stock with 2 Chambers....
Old 05-01-2001, 06:38 PM   #54
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Hehehe,

I was just reading this and I was thinking about the comment made about racism being the reason you all were booted.

That's not true at all.

It's RICEISM that's the problem.
Old 05-01-2001, 09:49 PM   #55
Capri306

Okay guys, enough is enough.

This topic has what, 53 posts to it? All we've accomplished is bringing a flame war from an import 'board over to this one. Well, no longer. If you guys wanna continue fanning the flames go ahead THROUGH EMAIL, not here. We simply won't tolerate it.

In conclusion, if Lui Kang wants to close off certain members to his board, he's more than welcome to do so. IT'S HIS BOARD. It comes at the expense of limiting membership and potentially driving people away, but like I said, it's his ship and he's the captain. Life goes on.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Closed Thread