MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-19-2003, 05:50 PM   #1
The Fireman
Registered Member

Default 05 Mustang Unveiled!!!!

Go here.

http://www.mustangworks.com/autonews...64247613,7647,

Looking like that it better come with more than just 310hp.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:40 PM   #2
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Did you read on in some of those posts?

Supposedly the GT is confirmed to have 300 hp and the Cobra is rumored to be around 500 !

I like the overall look of the car, but just like the 99, I think it will have to grow on me a bit.

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:03 PM   #3
The Fireman
Registered Member

In the latest issue of "Motor Trend" they reported the 2005 Mustang GT will have 310hp. If that's true, or not remains to be seen.

A 2006 500hp Cobra really isn't more than whats on everyone's wish list. At least for now anyway.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:02 AM   #4
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

ok, where did the pics go?
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
VeNuM
Registered Member

That guy took them down because he was tired of all the Mustang sites linking to his site.

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 06:30 AM   #6
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

damn, I was looking forward to seeing those.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 09-22-2003, 11:22 AM   #7
StangFlyer
Founder

I have updated the link given in this thread, as the original photos on the given site vanished. We have posted news and the photos on MW.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 11:42 AM   #8
blackvert00
Registered Member

it's rumored that whoever took the pics is getting fired (or has already) and possibly charged with espionage. Apparently the car was at a tier 1 supplier's location. The supplier is designing the heated windshield washer fluid unit for the '05.
blackvert00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:33 AM   #9
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

I can't say I really like it... I loved the concept, but they've changed it to much.

I like this rear end better...

Link

-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 03:38 PM   #10
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by 1969Mach1
I can't say I really like it... I loved the concept, but they've changed it to much.

-Sam.
My thoughts exactly. The steering wheel looks a little cheap, and the speedo/tach look REAL old school. I like the rear-end of the concept better too. Not sure what they did to this leopard skinned model, but it's just a bit much on the old school factor for me. I dunno, but the concept seemed to have better lines...maybe I'm just having a crappy day and am being picky?

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:11 PM   #11
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
My thoughts exactly. The steering wheel looks a little cheap, and the speedo/tach look REAL old school. I like the rear-end of the concept better too. Not sure what they did to this leopard skinned model, but it's just a bit much on the old school factor for me. I dunno, but the concept seemed to have better lines...maybe I'm just having a crappy day and am being picky?

E

I love the new taillights, always did like those better, but if u look, they made the car fatter then the concept. Look at the rear view bodylines. Looks like car gained weight. same withthe front. The fog lights inside the grill I love, but the inteior was changed too much from the concept. Looks like the just too the standard console from todays stangs, and put it in there. Not cool. Gauges and vents I like. The seats are ok, nothing speical there, I was hoping for something more drimatic (god I can't spell tonight), I mean, at least put the running horse in it.

Oh and I hope those arn't window control way up at the top of the door. in front of the door handle, which is way too high. Cheap looking door handle too.

BTW thanks for getting those pics dan.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
Old 09-24-2003, 07:50 AM   #12
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Yeh, I think they've changed it abit to much. I can't say I'm a big fan of it. Maybe it'll grow on me when I see it in person, cause at first I wasn't overly liking the concept. And it has the lepord skin to hide the car abit, as you can see the background and the licence plate has been blured out cause these pictures weren't supposed to be exposed.

-Sam.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:25 PM   #13
White GT
Registered Member

Nice Side view but look like too much cheap to worth the money. Close look like import cars (door trim, handle. console, rear and front).

The front anyway is not so bad but something is missing in the lower part of the bumper cover.

The dash look like one get from a truck. Too much square angles.

Steering remember 80's T-Bird's and Automatic shifter 80's stang.

Seat are not so bad but too much plastic at the base.

Seat belt connector look like the same as on a small 4X4 (sidekick and others)

I've probably too much lived at the salvage yard this summer. But sadly it's too much flash back for me.

2004 look like more crazy horse than this one.

1969mach1 is right. First Concept car was much better. Who discarded it

My GT

My Web Page

On Car domain
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:02 AM   #14
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sorry, but i think the 99+ look's better, i'm not impressed, has a rice flavor to it lol.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 02:19 AM   #15
DemonGT
Registered Member

i like it....althought

i dont like the back of it to much...but other then that i like it...the seats look a bit cheap but the rest of the interior i like...and i like the fog lights like that how the old cars had them....i think the color throws you off though...some one needs to photo shop those so its blue with silver wheels.....

some one said something bout Rice looken?? wtf....they used stuff from the old mustangs and incorperated it into a new mustang...i dont see how using stuff from the old stangs is ricey...it just the opposite
'91 GT,410W,10.5 to 1 comp,Victor Jr. heads,Victor 5.8 intake,FTI cam,Crane retro fit lifters,Scorpian 1.6 RR's,Melling HV oil pump,MSD distro.,Canton oil pan,FMS flywheel,Romac balancer,FMS timing chain,Accufab 90mm TB,C&L 76mm maf, 42lbers,HD clutch,K&N air filter,Mac long tubes,Pro dumps,powerchamber,FMS 9mm wires,180 thermostat,Ford Racing gauges,5inch Tach,centerline convo pro's,nitto DR's,Pro3i lower control arms,50/50 shocks,3.55 gears,TFS HD diff. cover

Next year:

Tremec TKO,Spec stage 3 clutch,alum driveshaft,complete fuel system

www.angelfire.com/linux/demondan
DemonGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #16
barrattc
Registered Member

Thumbs down 2005 what

I am new to this site but not to mustangs. I have owned 4 stangs and have really dug each one. My wife and I were planning on placing an order as soon as we could based on the concept. Now after viewing this actual car, I really doubt we will be getting one. 2 fox bodies,a 94 , and a 99GT that I have loved each one and still have the 99. This 2005 looks very much like a Honda Accord except for the front and it will probably be close to 30K. It better have a blower to drive around in a car that looks like that. I thought Ford was going in the right direction with the 99+ models but now it seems as though they are in reverse. Complacency comes to mind also, they have nothing competeing with them in the RWD V8 market and maybe that is what they need to progress. Sorry to be so negative but I have been waiting to purchase one and now I wont be.
barrattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:59 PM   #17
ed1371
Registered Member

I fell in love with the concept and I know I shouldn't have...because this...thing...looks horrible. Seems like they took every concept accent I liked and threw it aside.
There were 3 distinct things that turned me off on this:

Nose...what the heck did they do?? the concept had a very striking front end...now it looks like a hack job (WTF is with those foglights!)

Rear: gee looks like they went weak on us...the new rear doesnt even compare to the concept IMO (I really liked the retro lights ******)

Interior: I knew it was coming, but wasn't sure how bad...well it is really bad. toss in a few "old" gauges and then throw in controls used in EVERY other ford out there? Where is the style!

I know it is my own fault...I shouldn't have become so fixated on the concept...because there are always changes but this time things were different... There was a chance I was going to buy a new cobra (was going back and forth between 2 cars) now if that is what it is going to look like, I guess I will have to go with the other choice.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:09 PM   #18
Sicy Stang
Sizzlin' Sicilian

I think its ugly
Sicy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 10:30 PM   #19
rock on
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Just saw the leaked photos of the '05 Mustang...... I'm not too excited....

Like many of you, I fell in love with the concept. Leave it to the American car companies to take an amazing design and water it down to the point where it more resembles cars from 5 years ago.

What turns me off??
1- The rear end - What happened?? The concept really looked like a bad-*** car from behind. Those big taillights have been sized down and now the car looks a lot tamer.

2- The interior - Once again, it seems like the American mantra is to make something new with last year's parts. The one positive is that I actually really dig those old-school gauges - I think they're pretty cool. But the rest of the interior is shite. Same crappy-looking heating controls - same crappy-looking stereo - seats, door panels, etc. look like they came right off the rental lot. And if anyone from Ford is reading this message - PLEASE NO CUPHOLDERS (or at least hide them)!!! THIS IS A MUSTANG, NOT AN SUV!!!

3- The front end seems like it wasn't changed too much from the concept, but there's something that I can't put my finger on - something subtle has been done to it since the concept. Foglights aren't too bad, although they don't excite me too much.

4- What happened to the new horse logo from the concept?? I thought it looked pretty cool as a step into the future - looked really fresh & cutting edge. But it looks like Ford has decided to scrap it & keep using the old pony.

Seems like the car has been "softened around the edges" and it lacks the "cutting edge" appearance of the concept. Why did Ford do this?? I was getting ready to put in my order for a 2005 Mustang GT, but I'm going to step back until I really see the finished product. I may decide to get something else...

Maybe the photos we're seeing is of the basic 6-cylinder entry-level Mustang - I'm hoping that's the case, and that the GT & Cobra versions will look more like the concept.

Holding my breath.....
rock on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 09:57 AM   #20
White GT
Registered Member

Some video links found on

BradBarnett.net

My GT

My Web Page

On Car domain
White GT is offline   Reply With Quote