MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-02-2002, 08:40 PM   #1
DRASTiK
Registered Member

Default Blowing off some SERIOUS automotive steam!!!

okay, here's the deal. We have a 94 cavalier, and we let a friend drive it for a month to help him out. When we get it back, it has water in the oil and runs like %$#@! He's broke and pretends like he didn't know it was blowing water out of the pipes and overheating for about two weeks while he kept driving it!!

Okay, so now we've got the car back with a blown headgasket, or so we thought. I took the head in to the machine shop to have it checked. It was warped and pitted. They said 180 to fix it. So I went to some sources I know and got a used head with a warranty for 40. Put it on the car and reassembled the engine, taking my time and tourqing everything down correctly. While I was putting it back together, another friend calls and says "I need a car badly because mine just died and I have the cash to pay for it right now." We tell her that I'm in the process of fixing it and it should be running by the end of the day (yesterday). She says "okay great, I'll be there in a minute to go ahead and give you half the money to show that I'm serious." She was here in about 15 minutes and gave my wife half the money.

Well, when I get it back together, my wife gets in it to start it and it won't start. Hmmmmmm. okay, no big deal, I probably didn't connect something, or it's something easy. Well it has fuel and spark and it's a DIS, so the timing isn't the problem.

I took a spark plug out and turned the motor by hand and water came pouring out of the spark plug hole!!!! All four of the chambers were full of water!!!! wtf!!! I just took it apart and it looks like someone just put the head on, didn't bolt it down at all, and tried to start the car. I have no idea what the hell happened, or what to tell the lady that is expecting to pick up her car this evening. I called her and she said that she trusted us, so instead of demanding her money back now, she'll call this evening and see how the progress is coming and decide from there. That is nice of her, but WTF is up with this headgasket problem. The gasket was on correctly and wasn't scarred or torn the least little bit. I'm gonna try it again with new head bolts, and put a tap through the threads of the block, but I did that the first time. I'm just pissed and figured I'd share my great labor day woahs with fellow car buffs who can relate.

Thanks for listening,
Dave
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 09:05 PM   #2
srv1
Get down.....

make sure you intake gasket was seated correctly.
Old 09-02-2002, 09:18 PM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

doesnt sound like he was much a bud, he royally screwed you over, make him fix it, or pay for it, thats messed up.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 09:52 PM   #4
DRASTiK
Registered Member

I'd love to make him pay for it, or hell just beat it out of him, but unfortunately that's not an option. He doesn't have a dime to his name, and he's possibly getting kicked out of the military for financial and other issues. Basically, it just isn't an option.
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 10:00 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DRASTiK
I'd love to make him pay for it, or hell just beat it out of him, but unfortunately that's not an option. He doesn't have a dime to his name, and he's possibly getting kicked out of the military for financial and other issues. Basically, it just isn't an option.
thats too bad, he sounds like a real loser, he did you a big favor, myself i would thrash him, but thats me, good luck, i have had a lot of FRIENDS like that.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 11:25 PM   #6
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by DRASTiK
While he's still in the military, u can get some money. Go to his First Sergent. He can make him pay some money.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote