MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-06-2002, 01:36 PM   #1
waynesutton
Registered Member

Question My transmission problems

I am confused by my transmission problems and trying to find a site on the internet that deals with 4-cylinders is tough.

I have a 1993 Mustang LX hatchback that I just bought from a co-worker. He had the vehicle for about 3 monthes and decided to buy a newer model GT instead of fixing this one up (needed a new transmission along with a few pidley stuff). So he sold it to me at a great price.

The guy that owned the vehicle before him put a 2.3L ford ranger engine in it. I was told that there was a AOD transmission in it ( I am not familiar with cars and I am now trying to learn how to fix it up). When I pulled out the old transmission and put my new one in (which looked exactly identical) one of the wire harnesses on the drivers side doesn't fit. I am thinking it is the lock up converter cable but I am not sure. It is not the saftey cable and it is not the spedometer cable.

Anyway, the old transmission's cable had three wires, the new one only needs two wires. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what two of the three wires are the most vital, beacuse I want to rig it up so that it works. I was also told that I can just leave it unplugged and it won't do any damage. Is this true?

thanks

Wayne Sutton
waynesutton@hotmail.com