MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-27-2005, 11:25 PM   #1
rfisch
Registered Member

Default Heated rear window!?

I was looking for some engine parts for my 65 and got side-tracked (as always) and started looking at seals for around my rear window. Every now and then I get a small leak, but anyways while looking I was thinking about having to take the rear window out and what else could be done at that time and thought... why don't they make a replacement rear window that has those little black wire defogger things built in, or even a stick on type thing that would be applied like tint would? Seems like it would be simple enough to install and wire up. I searched for such a thing when the idea hit me but didn't find anything. Does anyone know of such a product. Did I just invent something?
rfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
rfisch
Registered Member

Default Re: Heated rear window!?

By the way I found such a thing for old Triumph car replacements that cost 25 "pounds". I'm not sure what that translates to but atleast it's a jumping off point to pressure aftermarket producers into coming up with such a thing. LOL
rfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 08:04 AM   #3
orlowted
Registered Member

Years ago - I did purchase a stick on rear defroster clear panel. Ir was a peel and stick set of wires just like in today's cars and it had to be wired to a switch. I recall that it worked well for a while and then just burned out. I would guess that so many of the cars today have these standard - there is probably not a great need for them. I don't drive my mustang in the winter, but for those people that do, it might be a good thing to have.
orlowted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:36 AM   #4
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

J. C. Whitney may be a good source for something like that, although I haven't looked through their catalog in a while.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 10:42 PM   #5
Devine65GT
Registered Member

if i could find one id buy it for sure, my 65 has the worst problem ever with the windows fogging up. i should try rainx but just been to lazy .. =)
-mh
Old 01-31-2005, 10:51 PM   #6
popcorn
Registered Member

I had a 70 Cougar XR7 with a rear window defogger that was mounted below the package shelf. this had an electric heater and a fan. Maybe one of these can be customized into your mustang.
popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 11:35 PM   #7
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

RainX makes a product called FogX but I haven't tried it. All the older cars fog up bad, I think its because the weather strippings arent as good as newer cars, or the bodies aren't sealed as well but mine does that too, they all do.

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote