MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-24-2003, 01:32 AM   #1
The Fireman
Registered Member

Default OMG I stole a Police Car.

Well it was an ex police car, and I prefer to say that I borrowed it. He he

Ya see my sister is a teacher, and she has to go to some college to take a class that all teachers have to take every 5 years. So the school she works for let her take one of their cars that just happens to be an ex police car. It's a 98 Ford Crown Victoria to be exact. They gave it to her so she wouldn't have to put miles on her car, and pay for gas. Well I asked her nicely if I could drive it, and she said no so I had to wait at her house until she fell asleep, and steal.......er I mean borrow it. I always wanted to get behind the wheel of one of these cars, because most of the cop cars that I've been stopped by have been Crown Victorias, and they've always caught me very quickly. Yeah I know they take the good stuff off the cars when they're done with um, but I still wanted to drive it. It was about 1:00am when I went out in it. I let it roll down the drive way without starting it. I went to the nearest town(5 minutes from my sister's house), and almost hit a deer getting there. I took it to a parking lot nick named the "Donut Hole". We call it that, because everyone goes there to do donuts with their cars. I didn't do any donuts, but I did lay down some black marks with it. Then I took it out on some two lane roads to see what it could do. It wasn't bad, but not as good as I hoped. Then after that I went back to my sister's house(with the lights turned off of the car as I went up the driveway of course), and THANK GOD she was still asleep.

Hopefully tomorrow mourning she won't check the mileage on the car.
Old 06-24-2003, 12:43 PM   #2
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

you went through all of this trouble.........for a stock vic

Police departments don't do ANYTHING to the cars they get. They have upgraded cooling, and charging systems, that's it. In fact they're slower, due to all the extra crap that is installed (light bar, devider between front and rear seats, etc. The myth that cops cars are souped up just isn't true

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 01:26 PM   #3
The Fireman
Registered Member

It was a rear wheel drive, Ford vechicle, with a V8.

Had to go for it.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:24 PM   #4
bigdaddy3312
Registered Member

we have underground parking garages here that i love love to rip it up in,the only thing that s u c k s is the police station is about 2 blocks away and with a ripped out exaust,with jba,s and bassani x pipe and of course 2 chambers you hear it for a loooong way!!!!!!!! at like 6 grand in 3 rd,just ballistic!!!!!!! yeeee haw
bigdaddy3312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 03:54 PM   #5
Axman
Registered Member

Years ago they used to beef up the cop versions of the cars. These days the cars aren't. My friend from high school had a police 75 Plymouth Fury with the big 440. That thing was fast! It was once a two door state police "interceptor". They put 150 mph speedos in them and the top end was around that.
Rice Hater's Club member #213

"If you've got it, get more, then flaunt it!"
"...More power, arr arr!" --Tim Allen

1992 LX convertible, 2.3L 165 hp, I can't get it from the wife..
1983 Chevy S-10, 2.8L engine, T4 trans, my daily driver.
1973 VW Beetle, 1.6L engine 57 hp.
1979 Chevy Malibu Wagon, 305/350, 250 hp more on the way.
1978 Honda Frankencivic CVCC, Ford 460 big block, C6 trans, currently rated @208 hp more on the way.
Axman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 04:32 PM   #6
ac97gt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigdaddy3312
we have underground parking garages here that i love love to rip it up in,the only thing that s u c k s is the police station is about 2 blocks away and with a ripped out exaust,with jba,s and bassani x pipe and of course 2 chambers you hear it for a loooong way!!!!!!!! at like 6 grand in 3 rd,just ballistic!!!!!!! yeeee haw
hehe at 6 grand in 3rd im doin 90.. if you can hit that in a parking garage thats amazing... also you would deserve to be caught

Flowmasters
Bassani X w/cats
Steeda Triax
K&N and Air Intake Silencer Removed
More to come with money!

My Ride
ac97gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 06:11 PM   #7
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Departments DO mod cars. Atleast mine and several others around here do. Its probably not normal practice, But to say departments don't do anything is just not true.

There are of course factory mods like heavy duty cooling,big brakes, trans cooler, PS cooler, OD trans mod, (3.55 gears CrownVic.)

I replace worn out parts with performance parts. I do my own maintanance on my own cruiser. It saves the County/taxpayers alot of money on labor, giving me a better choice of parts. I run mobile1 synthetic, computer chip and custom made exhaust. For now.

Constables drive their own cars in Tennessee. Ive seen cars used like Corvettes and a big block 70 Charger.

Enjoy your stay in Tennessee.