MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-14-2002, 07:51 PM   #1
Tony Higley
Registered Member

Default Fuel Line Replacement

Anyone installed a fuel line... gas tank to fuel pump? Looks like I have to remove the whole rear end, shock , brake lines and muffler.....etc. Any tips would be appreciated........Thanks
Tony Higley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:45 PM   #2
Kisner
Registered Member

I'm only familiar with the 68 Mustang coupe. However, I did mine about 3 years ago and it was real easy. Didn't have to remove anything. Mine came in 2 pieces. The first piece runs from the tank to about halfway up the car. Second piece runs from there to fuel pump. I replaced the small rubber hose connecting the tank to the fuel line. There was a few clamps holding it down from there up to the mid point of the car. At that point I had another small rubber hose connecting the front line to the rear line along with another clamp holding it down. Front piece inserted through body behind front left wheel well to connect to rear line. I replaced both rubber hoses along with grommet going through engine compartment where it hooks up to fuel pump. Unless yours is radically different, it's a pretty simple task with one exception. I did have some difficulty getting some of the connections loose (lots of WD-40) since they hadn't been undone in over 30 years.
Kisner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 09:10 PM   #3
69fastback
IRAQ VET

It was really easy on my 69 too. Didn't have to remove anything but the old fule lines. They bolted right on in a couple of places. I don't think it took me more than 20 or 30 mins to get the job done. Just line it up and see how much rubber tube you need cut it out and it stall it very easy to do.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2002, 12:57 AM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I did this about 2 weeks ago in my '69 fastback. It's very simple. Just get it up on jackstands, that helps a lot. One piece goes from the tank to the front of the driver's side floor pan, then it goes up along the inner fender and through a grommet into the engine compartment. The fuel line is held in place by brackets that bolt into about 3 or 4 different spots. I spent about 45 minutes total disassembling and assembling. Very easy, very basic, one man job. Make sure you have a couple feet of rubber fuel line handy though, you have to connect the line and the gas tank and then you have to connect the two lines together with it. Good luck!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote