MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2002, 06:55 PM   #1
SlvrTypeS
Registered Member

Default Fun Race with Newer GT

Just wondering if the owner of the dark blue newer Mustang GT that duked it out w/ me bout a week ago is on this board. I drive a Silver 01' Acura CL Type-S and spotted him on the onramp exiting Pacific Beach onto the 5north in San Diego. Heard him stomping on it couple times and knew that he was down to play. I Had a close call when two lanes merged to one just before gettin on the 5, had to swerve into the shoulder to pass the car he blew by. Once we got onto the 5, I made my way to the fast lane and the GT had to cut between couple cars but after that it was wide open for both of us and both cars were roaring full throttle, me in the fast lane and the stang in the far right lane. I had gotten a little jump because the fast lane was open so I probably started off a couple cars ahead but by about 125-130mph my passenger told me that he was catching up and creeping on me. About then we were coming up on another pack of cars at about the 52west exit and so we both slammed on the brakes, the GT being in the slow lane had to come to a stop pretty damn quick. Too much traffic after that to keep racing, damn crowded SD highways. The GT Probably would have taken me if we would have had more road. I currently have I/H and Sways and the Gt sounded throatier than normal. Was a fun friendly race on the highway.
SlvrTypeS is offline   Reply With Quote