MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-05-2002, 09:24 PM   #1
WADS56
gear banger

Red face sick of EFI, how much $ can I get for the stuff

I am tired of EFI and I want to go to a carb. I am in the process of tearing down the motor and the pistons and the heads are all filled with carbon from running rich. I want to be able to swap some jets and be done with it.

Anyways I have.......

Victor 5.0 intake, Aeromotive fuel rails, Aeromotive universal FPR (-10 inlets, -6 return), 30# injecters, Accufab 70mm tb, 70mm egr delete plate, c&l 73mm air meter, MSD pro billet 5.0 distributer, A9l eec.

I'm wanting to be able to buy a MSD pro billet ditstibuter, Victor jr. intake (ported and ballanced), 750-800cfm speed demon carb, aeromotive carb fpr, with a little cash left over. What do you think I can get for my EFI stuff?

Wade
Ricer hater's club member #49
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
vetteeatr
Registered Member

i would guess about 25% less then you paid or the going retail price for alot of those items on ebay but then probally another 10% due to fees and other stuff is lost.

I would be interested in the TB and mass air stuff actually along with all your computer and wiring for EFI with mass air

whats a delete plate anyway?

Tell me what you want for those items individually if you dont mind.
and injectors thanks

How Much horsepowere were you putting to teh rear wheels with that combo?

Thanks

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 04:56 PM   #3
302crew
Registered Member

i know this isnt what you want but ill try ill trade you it for a 650 mighty demon carb edelbrock rpm air gap intake xtreme kn air filter all the braided fuel lines the pump the filter the sump its not what you wanted but i figured it try and chance it
Old 11-07-2002, 08:43 PM   #4
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

actually if you want to sell your victor intake, i am seriously interested. all i need for my car to be done is a victor intake, and some tall valve covers. i have been searching on ebay for a used victor but have came up empty handed for about a month now. if you are serious about selling it let me know. also if you are selling the fuel system, i could sure use one of those too.

LET ME KNOW

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 09:36 PM   #5
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

Hey wade, I'm interested in your A9L, throttle body and egr delete plate. how much ya want for them?

PM or email me at: Drew.Lyons@rose-hulman.edu
Old 11-08-2002, 01:18 AM   #6
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Quote:
Originally posted by 302crew
306 edelbrock 6037 heads full mac exuast 1.7 rr 373 rear hd clutch tremec mighty demon 650 carb msd ignition rpm air gap intake custom cam still trying to get it to run right
Just out of curiousity .... what about it isn't running right ?
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:27 AM   #7
craig5.0
Registered Member

I'll take the distributor!!!!!!!!!
craig5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 10:09 AM   #8
WADS56
gear banger

Cool

You guys rock If you people are serious... as far as i am concerned the stuff is sold if you want it. I will PM you guys later today about it to work out a fair price for both of us (don't have time now I'm here at work). I thought it would take forever to get rid of this stuff.

thanks,
Wade
Old 11-08-2002, 11:31 AM   #9
jim_howard_pdx
Registered Member

Cool

Wade, it sounds like you and I could be best friends. I don't mind EFI all that much, it makes good low and mid rpm torque. It is good for an extra 2-5 mpg. But RARELY IF EVER can a fuel injection system provide maximum horsepower for an engine. Most of that is due to excessive atomization and poor air fuel mixing that happens with port fire fuel injection.

You get a denser fuel mixture from a properly tuned intake and carb set up any day. Hell, we tried this on a hot rod rat engine. Made 614 hp on gas only with a Victor manifold and demon carb. We went to a fuel injector to make the engine look more polished, power dropped to 570. He paid shops nearly 1,000 bucks just to get the power up to 586.

Gotta love all those who swear EFI is the best, because I smoke em all the time on the street, at the drag strip, and out on the autocross. Smoke em, and leave them for dead.

I really like things simple, and I am getting better and better at tuning carbs. Although I learn something EVERY day. That's cause I like to hang with guys that make speed.

Good luck to you.

And for all you EFI lovers, read my speed secret number three entirely through. Then realize that the computer does not "see" the intake manifold nor the cylinder pressure, so it cannot properly enrichen the fuel density to take advantage of the racing cams that make the big power gains. So plan on buying a lap top and custom programing a whole new fuel curve algorythem if you plan to keep up with Wade.

Cause he will be smokin you, like I am smokin EFI's in Portland.

Good luck, and don't take me too seriously, I am baiting the EFI crowd to see if they know what they are talkin about......
Old 11-08-2002, 12:12 PM   #10
Just me
Registered Member

I agree with you on ditching the efi setup. The tuning problem people have with carb setups are much less of a problem. I might be selling all of my crap as well. I had an 83 RX7 with a Racing Beat intake and a used Holley 650 and that setup ran flawlessly compared to this headache of a computer controlled nightmare. I will agree that newer cars have better versions of EFI and run extremely smooth so I'm only saying this applies to older factory EFI setups such as my 91. By the way I love that stang jim_howard_pdx.
Just me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 02:09 PM   #11
WADS56
gear banger

I agree with you guys about a carb being better then FI to a point. For a N/A setup fuel injection adds little or no performance but it will keep it streetable and better mpg though. Unless you buy a Accell, or FAST system the benifit is just not there to offset the price which will be huge.
Now poweradders are a different story. You can't beat the aftermarket FI systems with a wide band O2. Lets see a carb car run 25 psi of boost with a spark retard beat a Fi car with a complete PMS and WBo2. It will not happen and if it does they will be rebuilding it soon.
Old 11-09-2002, 09:14 PM   #12
sn95gt19
motors done......woohooo

WADS56-just wondering if you got my pm

95gt lazer red (98 cobra clone)
Rice Haters Club Member #116
sn95gt19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #13
jim_howard_pdx
Registered Member

Cool

Fuel injection seems to run best when it is a factory engine with factory cam, factory intakes and factory tuned. You can do alot to make more hp, like extrude honing the heads and intake runners, improving the quality, and of the fuel pressure, running larger MAS to get better high rpm power.

But if I take that same engine, with a racing cam, a tunnel port intake, dual holleys, and a proper exhaust and distributor curve, I can make 650 horsepower from a stroked small block.

I have yet to see any FI system make 650 hp without NOS, Turbo or Super Charger. Now could someone do it, of course they could. But at the cash flow to accomplish this I could build two naturally aspirated engines.

That is my only point.

My son is really, really lucky to be getting this Mustang. It corners really well, it is perfectly balanced for street racing, canyon racing, and autocross.

Hopefully he will keep it a 12 second screamer, cause that is what this car is intended for. Street Dominance.

You should see the dual turbo charged Supra's owner when I pulled away from him to 80. HE WAS PISSED. I did the same thing to several 911's and a 928 S. I love stompin out the guts of the M3 BMW's out there. My greatest pleasure in life is to stomp on the Camaro and Corvette Crowd. Only a Z06 has me beat, and not if I hole shot him.

So my son is driving a car that can go zero to death in 10 seconds flat.

So keep it safe and race on the tracks and drag strips, where at least you know grandma will not be pulling out in front of you going 85 miles per hour.
Old 11-10-2002, 10:15 AM   #14
WADS56
gear banger

Quote:
Originally posted by sn95gt19
WADS56-just wondering if you got my pm
I got it and sent a reply