MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-07-2001, 10:26 PM   #1
rokdog13
Registered Member

Thumbs down capri306

First of all, how many people do you think remove worn out smog equipment? secondly, i plan to compensate for back pressure by not jumping the exhaust diameter up. thirdly, im not trying to seel this car and i could give a flying **** what you would buy.
fourth, last but not least, are your panties bunched a little tight? maybe you should get a life instead of policing people who dont use these message boards all the time. easy to be a punk at your pc?
rokdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2001, 10:48 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

I'm sure that I will quickly be backed up by the rest of the board pretty quickly. We have different forums for a reason, so its not one big jumble and you can find info easily. I don't know why you suddenly got so worked up about back pressure, seems sort of random and if you woul READ what other people say/have in their sigs, you would see that lots of people round here run off road exhaust setups. I don't know what your implication was with your first statement, but I think that most of the people that run without cats (as we have already decided that there are a number of these people) remove their air pump as well. We are all just here to help, capri was just trying to run a clean board, nothing against you personally.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 12:27 AM   #3
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Many people on this board remove smog equipment that is working fine along with worn out equipment. There are many people on here that have great advice to offer and chances are, if you are working on a project, someone on this board has already been through it.

And, just because Capri wouldn't buy your car, or any other car without smog equipment, does not mean it is anything personal. Everyone is entitled to their opinon.

Capri was just trying to run a clean and organized board. That is why this board has one of the best reputations on the net. I am sorry if it came off that Capri was jumping on you for being new to the board and not knowing where to post.

Finally, I hope you don't take any of this personal. A difference in opinion and a small misunderstanding is nothing to get worked up over.
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 04:21 AM   #4
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

well I agree with Heth, but looking back Capri's reply did seem a little snippy, but Rok please don't get too mad! I can answer some of your questions and I'd be happy to email you. I've done the same things and don't plan on selling my car either. I can't always discern what question belongs in what category, and that's what Capri is here for (that is what moderators do, right? I'm not sure on that either ) No fighting please!!

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: GT-40 intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys.
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:51 AM   #5
Capri306

rokdog13: I apologize if I came off a little harsh in my reply last night. It was late and I've been a little up tight with things lately.

I did, however, transfer your topic to the Windsor Power Forum because that's where topics like that belong. Anything related to the 5.0L Mustang (1979-1995) powertrain, should be included in there. In addition, you posted nearly identical topics concerning your cats, vacuum, etc.

I'm usually pretty lenient on this board, but we're into quality not quantity, too. Remember, this is a message board of OPINIONS, nothing more. If you don't like what I say, then disregard it. I was simply stating MY opinion. Let's move on.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 12:15 PM   #6
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Just remember folks, words typed on a message board can come off the wrong way a lot easier than those spoken in person. You don't hear the expression and feelings people put into their words when you read them sometimes and it makes it difficult to distinguish between a flame or just a comment.

I try not to let flames (or at times flat out backward @ss opinions) get to me. Remember, they are all opinions, and 99.9% of the people on this board could quickly become your best friend if you met them in person. I've met quite a few from various Stang boards and have yet to meet one person that I'd like to b!tch slam. They are all the coolest people there is. The best way to solve a dispute is to go about it calmly and try to resolve the issue (learned from experience). Just my OPINION.

------------------
Indiana Stangers Association
Buy your parts here
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 07:27 PM   #7
rokdog13
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Thank you all very much for the reply's and i can relate to your being up late and tired and i also apologize for my reaction. i started with a new radiator and water pump and ended up with the whole top end off my 302 and didnt want to put a bunch of worn out accessories back on but have never messed with them so i was getting nervous.
I've got everything but the cap, vavle covers and air cleaner back on now and im waiting for my new headers to arrive so i can fire it up and edjust the vavles.
the only vacuum line a installed is one that went from the tree on the back of the manifold to the distributor. it also connects to the carb on the way. i just took that one line out of the 15 or so other things out and installed it how it was in the loom. hopefully this is it???
rokdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote