MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2002, 11:08 PM   #1
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Default How Incredibly Sad - Florida Residents Don't Care About Education

Well Bill McBride just lost the race for governor with an approx. 42% to 57% loss against Jeb Bush. He was promising lower class sizes and higher wages for teachers (who make about $20k a year) because our state is almost dead last in education (and in some aspects actually is). Jeb continuously said that he's improved education, and as a Florida education graduate from last year, I can tell you that the last four years I've only seen less and less money go to the public schools. It's really disturbing when we have a State Amendment to vote on reducing class sizes and the polls read 51% yes, 49% no. This is obvious that half the state is a bunch of money-grubbing misers who have no interest in student education and this country's future...and if one thinks that the classes aren't that big? I remember sharing desks and not being assigned books because there weren't enough for everyone while I was in high school. And I have to sit here and watch as our beloved Florida Bright Futures program, that gives unlimited amounts of 100% and 75% scholarships to the students who graduate with the qualifications, becomes of less and less importance (they've already limited the semesters it can be used on, now theyve added another group of requirements last year, and the state has been looking at phasing it out for the past year now). It's rediculous that I have to stereo type this state as old people who want to keep their money because they aren't directly related to schools. In fact, there are plenty of elderly Florida residents that wish to not have to pay those txes which go to education becuase of this lack of a direct link.

It just disgusts me that people can be like this. It's sad that a state would swim in its own ignorance to save a buck. I just hope that people didn't even consider voting for Jeb based on the fact that his brother, Mr. President, helped in his campaigning - but of course they did.

This state is going to go further down the tubes because 57% of the residents don't have children in the public school system.

What a joke.

Had to vent.

-Jonathon

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote