MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Small Ponies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-30-2002, 08:19 AM   #1
arivera
Registered Member

Question Cold Air Induction Systems

Okay - this time I'm seeking advice on cold air induction systems! Plasic or chrome? I know the chrome ones look way nicer but I hear that the chrome will pick up the heat from the engine thus warming the air as it passes through. On the other hand, plastic ones keep the air colder but don't look as nice.

I know this is probably a presonal perference thing but all thoughts are welcomed
'97 V-6 Stang: Custom Catback Exhaust System w/2 Flowmaster 40 series dual-chamber mufflers [True Dual Exhaust] w/ 3-1/2 inch tips, DenseCharger Cold Air Induction, Taylor 8mm Ignition Wires, PIAA hyperwhite headlights, Carbon Fiber Dash Bezel, Econ Front and rear drilled and slotted rotors.
arivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 11:17 AM   #2
Blue GT 5.0
Registered Member

Check out a Densecharger intake system. It's plastic and it's the most effective of any cold air kit. www.densecharger.com
Blue GT 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 10:41 AM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I suggest spending your money on something that will actually help. Just drop a K&N in the stock box it works just as well.

JMO,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 12:29 PM   #4
arivera
Registered Member

I've already done that AND removed the air silencer.
'97 V-6 Stang: Custom Catback Exhaust System w/2 Flowmaster 40 series dual-chamber mufflers [True Dual Exhaust] w/ 3-1/2 inch tips, DenseCharger Cold Air Induction, Taylor 8mm Ignition Wires, PIAA hyperwhite headlights, Carbon Fiber Dash Bezel, Econ Front and rear drilled and slotted rotors.
arivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:28 PM   #5
Extremestang

arivera,

Get whatever cold air system you like, they are all the same in my opinion, i've tested 3 brands and felt no difference. You could also get the C&L maf to go along with the CAI. The C&L in my opinion is a good bang for your buck. Pro-M has a really nice unit, but unless your going supercharged, i dont recommend you get it. And dont expect to much from those two, maybe 15hp at the wheels, which is better then stock of course. And i am being conservitive on the hp numbers due to individual cars. There are many factors to consider when it comes to bolt ons. Condition of engine, tuning, ect... hope i helped you out a bit.

-1998 Ford Contour SVT #1199 of 6535
Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=24993
-Former Car: 1995 Ford Mustang
To many mods to list here..lost the car to Hurricane Isabel 9/18/03
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=23621
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 06:24 PM   #6
GodStang
College Stanger

I made my CAI in my garage. Cost about $11 plus $39.95 for the K&N. Felt alillte Throttle Response but that is about it. you want it for looks get the Chrome. I have heard that the Chrome ones do get alittle hotter. If you get one get a Fender one it is better than the one that just sits in your compartment.