MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Site Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #1
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default is anyone who regularly visits this site in the market for a classic mustang?

i've had my classic mustang up for sale on this website for about 5-6 months, and not a single person has contacted me about it. i've also noticed only ONE mustang posted here ever being sold, and it was technically sold on ebay, not here. i'm just curious if anyone who regularly visits here is looking for a classic mustang. also, if anyone knows some good places to post classic mustangs for sale (other than ebay), please let me know. i've been thinking of putting it in the auto trader classic/custom or whatever it's called, but i'm kinda worried i'll have the same luck and be paying money for it. any help?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
RBatson
Registered Member

Default Re: is anyone who regularly visits this site in the market for a classic mustang?

I've had good luck with traderonline. It will stay up as long as you need it too. I've sold a Cobra and boat on there. I would put a picture in the ad to generate interest. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:45 AM   #3
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Default Re: is anyone who regularly visits this site in the market for a classic mustang?

ok. so basically, i'm not going to find any buyers here. niiiice...i'm starting to think i should just keep it. i've had 5 people on the street pull up to me at a stop (or while moving) today to ask about the car. everyone thinks it's an incredibly sweet ride, but nobody wants to put their money where their mouth is. god i can't stand stockton people, or central valley people in general.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:58 AM   #4
RBatson
Registered Member

Someone locally may be interested in your ride but doesn't know about it. Alot of people just search the web nowadays. I know I personally search for a 68 Cougar on the web from time to time. I don't look at the local paper because I figure the odds of me finding what I want is far less than if I search the web. I know I got calls from Virginia and Florida on my boat and a guy 20 minutes up the road bought it. The Cobra I sold.. I got calls as far away as Iraq and the guy lived in Arizona but wanted a car waiting on him when he got back to the states. A guy about an hour and a half up the road bought it from me. Putting it on the web greatly increases your chance of selling it and there may be someone searching for your car right now.