MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-23-2001, 08:46 AM   #1
Harry
Registered Member

Question Trouble with new headers

I just put a set of JBA headers on my '85 GT. I guess it's because of the lack of backpressure, but it is running a lot worse. Seems it won't idle very well, especially when it's cold. When it's warmed up, it runs alot better, but low RPM is still kinda shakey, and wants to stall. Any clue what caused this and what I can do about it?

Thanks.

------------------
See my 1985 Mustang GT
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 04:20 PM   #2
Fostang
Registered Member

Are you sure you didn't unplug a vacuum line somewhere while trying to put them on. Check your firing order. Even if you were to run it on open headers it still wouldn't shake. I don't think the headers are at fault here. My best bet is what I stated. Sometimes while trying to sneak them in you'll unplug a hose.

------------------
67'fastback- Edelbrock carb, intake, cam, valve springs. Road lifters, Comp Cam rocker arms, windage tray, cerama coated headers, dual flows with H-pipe, modded c-4, tci stall converter, perma cool electric fan, aluminum water pump, griffen aluminum radiator, accel 8.8 cable, wide cap distriburator, magnetic pick up, manley valves, v-matic hurst shifter, edelbrock performer nitrous, carter electric fuel pump, ignitor coil, solid motor mounts, magna racing suspension, poly urathane bushings, und
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2001, 06:29 PM   #3
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

maybe it's messing with your computer cause of the O2 sensors, unplug your battery for about 20min and then see what happens, just a thought, good luck with it

------------------
88 Notchback 5.0, 3.73's, Explorer intake, pulleys, Crane 1.7's, BBK headers, off-road H-pipe, flowmasters, subframe connectors, 65mm TB, shift kit, March ram air kit, motorsport wires, MSD coil, upper and lower control arms, 155lph fuel pump, cheap 2800 stall, Crane Adj.FPR, best time- 13.99@99.75, not yet tested times after rocker and intake install
fiveohpatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 02:00 AM   #4
Mustanguy

Cool

Quote:
maybe it's messing with your computer cause of the O2 sensors, unplug your battery for about 20min and then see what happens
85 Mustang GT's don't have a computer or O2 sensors

Harry
Check your plug wires and see if maybe while in the process of installing the new headers you didn't knock one loose.

If the car ran fine before the header install,it's something that happened while you installed the new headers.

Post back & let us know what you find.

------------------

Paxton Blown 87GT
ICQ#112698436