MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-15-2004, 12:18 AM   #1
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

Default Worked on my 65 today

This Message Board is inspiring me. In recent weeks I have been reading and responding to some posts about Classic Mustangs. I gave some advice to orlowted on replacing quarter panels and I gave SIXTYSEVENFASTBACK some advice on buying a 67 Fastback she is looking at, and I have been inspired! I got out in the garage and started doing some bodywork on my 65 Coupe today for the first time in a long time.

My Mustang project keeps getting put on the back burner, its hard to find time to get out there and work on it, because I have to share the garage with my 97 GT Vert, so I have to really clean up afterward. Plus my friend who works with me on it got a new job and is travelling all over the country, so it has just sat for months. A couple nights ago I was talking to a friend at Cruise Night about it, and today he showed up. I was showing him the car and what all it needed, and before I knew it I had tools in my hand, so I moved the "clean" Mustangs to the other driveway, put on some old clothes and went to work.

I really don't have that much left to do, the quarters are welded on, there is a little welding left in the trunk on a wheelwell patch and across the roofline where the quarter meets up on one side.
The rest is small bodywork, just perfecting it. I plan to get back into it and get some red paint on it in THIS lifetime.

Thanks for the inspiration guys!

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 09:00 AM   #2
orlowted
Registered Member

Default We all go through those phases

I go through those phases all the time. What inspires me is going to the car shows and seeing all the nice cars. It just seems to help motivate me so I can someday participate. Another thing that helps me is getting new parts. It really seems to pump me up getting new pieces to help the project along. I have a huge list of parts I need or want to replace and I try to get one every month. Thar pumps me up enough to get out there to out it on and maybe do a little more work. Good luck with you project. Once you get on a roll - I am sure it won't take too long. Just stick with it.
orlowted is offline   Reply With Quote