MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-15-2002, 01:46 AM   #1
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Angry Quick elec quest...

Hey Guys, on the starter relay...........Can someone look on there car and tell me what exact wires go to where on the relay?
Old 04-15-2002, 07:32 AM   #2
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

ok, here is where the wires go... (the explaination is from a birds eye view from the driver's side fender)

the bottom left "screw": is where the starter cable goes. There should be only one cable going to it....

the top center "screw": there should be a little thin wire with a 90 degree boot connector on the end of it. It just pushes on.

The bottom right "screw": the positive battery cable goes on FIRST and then all your other excessories go on after that. Make sure you locate ALL the wires. I missed on on my bro's car and it turned out to be the fuel pump.... yeah, I kinda needed that one

Hope this helps ya out....
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2002, 02:51 PM   #3
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Unhappy

Thanks "Cyberstang" ...,That helded out lots! ... I still have one wire that I'm not to sure where it goes? I don't know if it's powered or what .... or ignition... It's solid red and it's right by the starter relay it was chopped off on the end (no eyelet) it's not a fusible link wire either?/.... any ideas?
Old 04-15-2002, 02:56 PM   #4
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

I really don't know what that wire is for... I honestly don't recall a red wire off the top of my head, but I rewired my ignition too If it didn't have a connector on the end of it before, I wouldn't worry about it too much....
Old 04-15-2002, 03:09 PM   #5
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Hey cyberstang,... where did the battery (-) ground to ?... Does it attach to that braket for the starter motor (+) wire that runs along the front of the oil pan? Is there really more guns than people? LOL...
Old 04-15-2002, 03:23 PM   #6
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

The positive terminial wire goes to the starter relay...
The negitive terminial wire bolts to the block right above the oil pan, towards the front...
And the starter cable runs from the bottom left "screw" on the starter relay to the starter it's self.

Do you want to see my gun collection?
Old 04-15-2002, 05:42 PM   #7
Big Bopper
Registered Member

Lets see em!..