MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-1999, 04:51 PM   #1
stang lover
Registered Member

Post "Group Purchase" E-mail group!! more.....

Hey everyone, I think it's time that we get this group purchase phenomenon organized.

I want to set up a sort of mailing list. Not the normal mailing list, where you send out an e-mail and everyone gets it, but a list where I can contact people via e-mail about current and up and coming group purchases. I figure a basic e-mail list, where I have a list of people I send out blanket e-mails to will work better than a "mailing list" because most people won't want 200 "I want a Bassani X pipe" e-mails per day. hehe

Now, I'm not trying to start a competition here, everyone is invited to join. I have done some group purchases in the past, and have some connections, if you will, on some good prices for parts. However, if you have a good contact, let me know and everyone will know!! I want it to be clear that if you personally want to handle a group purchase, you can, and you can feel free to utilize my mailing list to help you achieve that.

This e-mail group will also allow getting information about pricing much more easily. If, for example, I have 50 people showing interest in a Bassani group purchase, then I can contact a dealer and say "You can look at roughly 30 to 50 people placing an order". Most businesses can give a better price if they have an idea of how many orders they are going to get. It's more bargaining power for us.

Lastly, this will help keep the corral and other message boards free from group purchase material. Of course, people will still post about a group purchase, as that's where I will be getting most of my info to pass along to you all, but it will help cut down on space used.

So, it's simple. Drop me an e-mail at umlafre1@cc.umanitoba.ca and I'll start compiling a file with everyone's address in it. Also, please include this info:

Name and State/Province
Year and type of car
Group purchases you would be interested in participating in.

If this list gets too big, then I will set up a mailing list, but for now let's try this. CDN5.0 and I will be setting up a page on our website with updates as well so you can check up on things for yourself

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by stang lover (edited 02-04-2001).]
stang lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-1999, 05:34 PM   #2
Snakeman
Registered Member

http://www.egroups.com
there are message boards, group email, voice chat, etc. just the thing for what you need.
check it out!
I have a room there called robsplace.

------------------
Black 90LX 5.0 5sp mostly stock
13.854@ 97.816
My Car

Snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-1999, 07:48 PM   #3
stang lover
Registered Member

Thanks, it looks perfect!!
Old 02-04-2001, 11:34 PM   #4
stang lover
Registered Member

Wow, an update over 1 year later!

We now have over 900 members, and have set up countless group purchases. This list is a great way to keep in touch with information that will allow you to finally get a price break on some parts - just for purchasing them as a group with your fellow mustang enthusiasts.

If you're interested in more information, drop me an e-mail:
umlafre1@cc.umanitoba.ca