MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-09-2001, 03:39 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink Raced a Modded 94-95 GT. Good friends car.

To make an awesome night even better (Read blue oval thread "Awesome night for Mecury"), I got in several races with one of my good friends from the hangout.

Budman, Navigator (Member here, but still has to post.), The Groper, and I were all talking about the races last weekend. Somehow we got to talking about "the ability to Drive".

They ask me what makes me such a good driver. Funny thing is, none of them have seen me really race, except for last weekend. I tell them what it is I do, how I play the clutch, what RPM I shift at, and the reasons why I shift at them.

I guess they might of heard from TimC and a few others that have seen me race, how I drive. Two or three of the gang have seen me beat LS-1's, a Ram Air 98 Trans-Am, a LT-1 Ram Air Bird, a 99 Cobra vert, a few 94-95 Cobras, and a few 96-98 Cobras. A few have seen me smoke the hell out of a few relatively stock 96-98 GT's, one serouisly modded one, and a few NOT SO STOCK Fox-bodys.

BudMan (Navigators Brother) asked before we left, if I wanted to race. I tell him, Lets cruise and I'll tell him how i feel at the lights.

First light, I decline. Bad feeling. Second light, 3 lanes our side, we each pull up on oppiste sides of a car full of girls. They look and say Wow...RACE RACE RACE. Budman revs, I throw a quick rev or two, and I hear the driver of the girls car say"Screw that, I'm out of this. I wanna see who wins."

The light turns green and we take off. I win. By about a car length. Wasnt paying to much attention, I was paying attention to make sure no one was going to pull out infront of me.

Oh, this 94-95 GT has Off-road H-pipe, 40 series flows, K&N filter, 3:73's and a 5spd with Pro-5.0 shifter.

Next light is a spot that cops hide, so again I decline. We turn onto Morganton Rd, and finally catch a light. The Groper was behind me and Budman. Budman looks over and asks if I wanna run again. I accept. We both sit there in silence and wait.

The light turns green, and I launch. The car acts a little funny, I think the clutch slipped (Probably hot from the runs prior). I pull on Budman. By the end of first, his nose is at my rear wheel, or I think it was (Once again I was making sure No one pulled out infront of me.) I hit second, and feel the clutch slip again (Or maybe my foot was still on it, dont know.) Pull a car lenght on Budman. Hit Third flawlessly and I see Budman clearly in my rear view mirror on the drivers side. We shut it down and stop at the next light.

Sirens go off in the distance. Cops were heavy, real heavy tonight. Me and Budman look over at one another (Groper was still behind us.) at say "Oh Sh!t". We run the light and all split up.

We met 5 mintues later and talked about our runs. I asked Budman how I did. He said something to the effect of.

"Man, YOU CAN DRIVE. YOU BLEW MY DAMN DOORS OFF." I ask him how much did I beat him by, he insisted by a few car lengths. His brother, the Navigator confirmed it. Said my two car lengths, and we shut down at about 75-80 MPH.

On the way home, I met up with a rival of me and TimC's. Theres a family that has a history of rivalry with Tim C's family. One kid drives a modded 96 GT (Smoked him bad before), the dad drives a Bubble Back Monte Carlo SS (GM Crate motor in it.) and the other kid drives a 99 Gold Trans Am (Said to have Spray).

I look up in my rear view mirror on the way home and see what looks like 99+GT headlights, and Trans Am headlights. Next thing I know this Gold Trans Am goes flying by, and I recongnize the driver. Next, this 2000 GT pulls up and I know them to. There friends of me and Tim C.

The driver yells over to me "The Knight boy is sprayin man. Dont even try."

I wave and tell thanks. I put her into third and go after the TA.

I pull up along side him. I wait for him to inciate the race. Nothing. Then after 2 miles, he gooses it. I drop it into second (Going 45) and floor it. I let off once I get half way into third. He stayed right along beside me. We rolled for a few more miles. Obviously both of us were kinda reluctant to find out what either one of us can do.

Then we pass this White, newer Cavalier with blue racing stripes on it and tons of window sticker. He pulls up next to me and revs and gooses the throttle. I look over and see he has some girl with him. I look over, kinda chuckle and make a yawning motion. He gets ticked and drops the hammer. I dont even bother.

The TA punches it and leaves the turd. Me and the TA crusie along side one another still waiting for the other to make the first move. Next thing I know, I see the Cavalier come Flying up on us like a bat out of hell. He passes the both of us (We were just maintaining a steady 60 MPH) in the turning lane, THEN TURNS HIS FLASHERS ON.

I look over at the Knight boy and thow my hands up. He laughs and does the same. I yell over to him "Was that not the gayest thing you've seen?" He laughed like hell and shook his head yes. By that time I had to turn in, So I beeped and waved, he did the same.

I wonder who would of won the race. Obviously the Guy in the Gold TA was alittle scared, but so was I because I knew he had Nitrouis. Maybe his bottle ran out and thats why he didnt try crap.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 04:23 AM   #2
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Sounds like a lot of fun....you should have tried to convince the girl in the Cavalier to get into YOUR car....hehe.....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default What about us and Tim C's run

You forgot the best run when we beat Tim C's car twice and he beat us twice.
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:34 AM   #4
mike_navigator
Registered Member

Default GTRRRRRRRRRRRR

You raced the McDonalds mustang lol he has gtr emblems all over his mustang.
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:36 AM   #5
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Quote:
you should have tried to convince the girl in the Cavalier to get into YOUR car
Merc has enough woman as it is. He has to leave some for the rest of us. hehehehe

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 12:23 PM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Navigator.

Nah, It was the McDonalds Mustangs brothers car. Gold LS-1 Trans Am. He drives by the hang out all the time and beeps.

The McDonalds Mustang (Red 96 GT with Yellow racing stripes and stickers all over the place) used to be a real slow turd. I beat him so many times I lost count. He used to loose by at least 3 car lengths.

I raced him a few weeks ago, and HE HAS DONE SOMETHING TO THAT CAR. I think he's sprayin like his brother. I still toasted him, but by 100, I had him only by a car length. Much closer than it usually is.

I drove my car hard today and didnt feel the clutch slipping, so it must of been because it was hot, or that the possibility I had my foot resting on it.

I'll post the about the Races your brother Budman, and Tim C did after I get back from X-mas shopping.
Old 12-09-2001, 08:34 PM   #7
bri32z
street racing junkie

Mercury, have you ever thought about becoming a novel writer?
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 12:20 AM   #8
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Quote:
Originally posted by bri32z
Mercury, have you ever thought about becoming a novel writer?
Actually I do write stories. Sci-Fi stories, and I write down my thoughts if there interesting enough.

My actual story writting/telling ability is not reflected in my posts most of the time.

Did you ever read the Thread about 6-7 months ago where I posted the beggining 5 pages of the Sci-Fi story I'm working on? It involved racing.
Old 12-10-2001, 08:50 AM   #9
bri32z
street racing junkie

never read it. would be interesting to read it though. e-mail me some goog stuff to read. anything my kids might like?
bri32z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 12:32 AM   #10
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
Did you ever read the Thread about 6-7 months ago where I posted the beggining 5 pages of the Sci-Fi story I'm working on? It involved racing.
I remember that I ROCKED!!!

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 12:59 AM   #11
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Not to get off the Thread subject, but would you like me to repost my story? I need to go back and change a few things. But I'll post it as it was 6 months back if you like.

I need to rewrite it, now that I've expanded my knowledge and ability alittle more, I can do better.

Its got some adult lanuage in it, nothing riske or lude. I dont include such things in my stories.
Old 12-11-2001, 01:57 AM   #12
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Damn those were some nice runs! Loved that story!

RIP
----
1993 Notch w/ 98 4V 4.6 Fasttt...

-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
12.32@109

-1999 Black Cobra Coupe-
JBA Shorties, Bassani Cat-X, Magnaflow 3", Pulleys, 85mm Pro-M, Ported Intake, Soild Rear w/ 4.30s, Tubular Front End, X2C arms, 13lb batt, few others.
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 10:33 PM   #13
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

You call that a modded 94-95 gt?

well i guess the shifter and flows gace him a little chance, heh, a sn95 with...say a holley systemax kit, and you may have your hands full, good runs, sometimes, things all fall into place lol.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 01:46 AM   #14
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Modded means Not stock, and that is not stock, now if he had cams, intake, and such, I would of said moderatley, or heavily moddified.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 12-16-2001, 02:56 AM   #15
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

There is probaly no such thing as a stock 5.0 anymore then, everyone has to get flows, and rid of that sloppy azz shifter, although i still have mine aight peace.....
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote