MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-07-2001, 10:57 PM   #1
Shotgun28
Registered Member

Red face Any hood latch guru's in the house?

Okay dumbarsh me decided to sand and paint my hood latch, and well after I reinstalled the darn thing nothing is mathing up, and now have hence ruined my perfect paint job and now I would be content with getting the thing shut, how exactly are they supposed to be line up, is there a particular way of setting them? Any help would be more than appreciated....CDan't drive until it is fixed.....Please help

------------------
91 LX Convertible Gray on Red B&M Shift improver kit,ASP red alum. underdrive pulleys, Richmond 3.73 gears, 1 5/8 Flowtech long tube Headers and off road h-pipe, Flowmaster 2-chamber cat-back with S.S exhaust, MSD 6A Ignition with coil,Cap and rotor, Taylor Pro wires, K&N 12" conical filter system, Jet stage 2 performance chip,GT40 P heads, looking at new exhaust, Lentech Street Terminator plus.
Shotgun28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 09:27 AM   #2
Mach 1
Registered Member

Just watch it carefully as you close it, and see what way it needs to be moved to close properly. I just went through this when I installed my cowl hood. I had to drill out new holes and make some modifications to mine, but you just need to figure out where yours was and put it back there, and it will work fine. There is adjustments on the piece that mounts to the rad support, and also on the latch mechanism itself. just loosen the bolts, you can move it up, down, and side to side.

------------------
1993 GT/AOD
'93 Mustang GT
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote