MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-29-2001, 03:32 PM   #1
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

Post Car is Lean (white plugs)

I changed my spark plugs yesterday and the tips are white. I have pics, but my webspace isn't working today for some reason so I will try to post them tomorrow. My question is how do I make the car run more rich? Is there a way to adjust it without any special tools?

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
AIM: SmokeyDP
SmokeyDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 04:08 PM   #2
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

Buy a fuel pressure regulator. You might try playing w/your timing a bit.
Good Luck

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors, AC del
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2001, 05:36 PM   #3
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

Timing is at 15 degrees and I run 87 octane and no pinging

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
BBK Shorties, Flowmasters, Super Chip, Mass Air, Under Drive Pullies, Hurst Shifter, Duck Tape
Old 05-30-2001, 09:13 AM   #4
SmokeyDP
Registered Member

How hard is it to hook up a air/fuel ratio gauge, I was thinking of getting one of those. Any suggestions on which one I should get?

------------------
1992 GT 5.0L Convertible
Old 05-30-2001, 08:00 PM   #5
juiceman
Registered Member

your car isnt running too lean. the tips of the plugs are going to be white. reading plugs got alot harder since the new gas has been out. they have detergents in them and other additives that make them burn cleaner. also, you cant go by the tips. you should look way down into the plug and see how it looks. if you want to see how the motor is running get some race gas, take the car for a run and shut it off as soon as you reach the end of the qtr. dont let it idle.
if you are set on making the car run richer for no reason, then just raise the fuel pressure.
juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote