MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-19-2003, 01:43 AM   #21
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs down

Nope!!! I don't believe it. This is gotta be some sick joke. That is not gonna be the 2005 Mustang
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 01:00 PM   #22
DeeezNuuuts83
Registered Member

I am VERY dissatisfied with the spy pics of the '05 Mustang, and I hope that Ford will make a better production car. I have been quite an import guy myself for the majority of my life, but after riding in a friend's '70 Nova, driving another friend's Z28, and seeing the concept car of the upcoming Mustang, you can say that I was converted to a big V-8 fan. I sold my '95 Honda Accord two nights ago, and my choices in mind were either the '04 Subaru WRX or the '05 Mustang GT (so I'd be carless for at least half a year). It hurts to say it, but after seeing these pictures earlier this morning, it makes me want to go back down the import path. Like you guys, I REALLY encourage Ford to rethink the look of their production Mustang. Otherwise I'm dropping my money on a WRX.

P.S. This is my first post here, so don't fire shots at me. At least not yet.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 02:02 PM   #23
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Something I havent heard mentioned is....White is the least flattering color when it comes to showing off body contours.

Those pics are decieving for several reasons. Knowing photography rather well, I speak from knowledge and experience.

White is one of the least flattering colors. Shows little detail. Second, the lighting in those pics allows little shadow to fall, taking away from the feeling of depth, and once again the details of body shape.

For example, go look at a white 99+ Mustang, and directly compare it to a black one, from say.....20 ft away. Then look at both in Direct Noon Daylight, then take alook at them under street lights at night...Say parking lot lights. You'll see what I mean.

I personally like the looks of it. Just curious as to what the cost is. Call me a Diehard Mustang Fan, but I can deal with Cheap door handles, cheap looking floormats, just as long as I can sit in it, the extior looks nice, its got a V8 and a Manual Tranny, Its SHiny, bright Red, and Rear Wheel Drive...I'm happy. I'm there.

As for The WRX...Hey dude, what ever floats your boat.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 12:51 AM   #24
DeeezNuuuts83
Registered Member

Why did all of the spy pics mysteriously disappear? Hopefully Ford knows that we know and are NOT happy with the lame design. So maybe they're back to the drawing boards to make something more like the concept car.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 04:23 AM   #25
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default Ummm....Speak for yourself.

Quote:
Originally posted by DeeezNuuuts83
Hopefully Ford knows that we know and are NOT happy with the lame design.
Let me Underline in your statement the word WE . You are not speaking for me.

Same thing was said by many when the 99's came out.

Plus, with all reality, its already way to late for Ford to Scrap the design and start from anew. If they were to start from a new, and hit the 05 production, you may find the results even less desirable, and have some quality issues.

I must be the only one that likes the new design. I cant wait to see it in Red or Black myself. But, thats just me.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 01:13 AM   #26
The Fireman
Registered Member

Back when I posted the concept pics, everyone was saying how ugly they were. Now everyone likes them?

WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'm not crazy about this car, but it does look better than the concepts IMO.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:51 PM   #27
jvillarreal2
Registered Member

http://media.mustangworks.com/showgallery.php?cat=607
jvillarreal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 11:49 PM   #28
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

I cant believe you guys are complaining about the interior. That is probably the best looking and has the highest quality interior of any mustang ever made and you guys are complaining about it?

I guess you guys love molded plastic interiors
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote