MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-24-2002, 05:02 AM   #21
silverv6
Registered Member

Default I know how you must felt

hey man Ive been close to crashing and maybe even dieing but I still race in the street or freeway. In the freeway once I almost got thrown out the freeway by a 18 wheeler , I was racing another mustang and I went to the slow lane and the other guy went on the other side of the truck and the guy in the truck was switching lanes and dint see me and was inches of hitting me. I know it was my fault cus I was goin over 110 in the slow lane.

and a couple of times on the street ive almost crashed with other cars. After experinces like that wen I get to a stop light and I have my foot in the brake my leg shakes so bad cus im so scared that I may have died a couple of seconds a go. But I still race.
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 12:36 AM   #22
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I probably will not stop street racing either. I usually have a strong enough head on my shoulders to take many factors into account, such as time of day, traffic, pedestrians, and cops.

I consider that one of the main reasons that I have lived and avoided many messy situations through the years. If you could say, I try to make something dangerous, and risky as safe and risk free as possible.

It is an addiction. People at work ask me why I do it. The only thing I can think to say is "Hey, I work hard, so I play just as hard."

I'm not sure what to really link the addiction to. I think its the combination of the feeling of accerleration, the competition, the overload of the senses. The sight, the Sound, the smell, and the feel. There is nothing like it. To me, it tops sex.

ReefBlue..

I'm under the impression that you think I wasnt going to let the guy over at all in the Z28, or that it was some kind of race to the death thing.. Um. In normal situations, the loser in such a race doesnt go carreening of the road, they usually either get behind the winner when there lane ends, or slow down and tuck behind the winner.

As to how my mother would feel, it wouldnt matter if I died in a car crash, Lighting strike, suicide or a work related accident. It would be just as devestating to her. I do not, nor do I think anyone else here would want to impose such a thing on there family.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 12:46 AM   #23
ReefBlueCoupe
Registered Member

i agree, and it is a good thing you both made it out alive and unscathed.