MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 01:01 PM   #21
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
I hope to turn in 13.5's like EZRIDN soon. I'm not sure if its going to take some more mods, or just better driving, but I hope to get there. Preferably with the way the car sits now.

[/B]

You mean 13.4s...

13.5s maybe man, but i think that you might need some gears to hit that time. Slicks and DRs too. But who knows keep it on the track and those times are more than likely to go down.

'87 GT..5 spd...Stock...14.4 @ 97 SOLD

'90 GT Conv. A4 Cream Puff...14.6 @ 94 SOLD

'99 Z28..A4..Stock stall, no tuning, all motor, full weight 11.92 @ 117.95 SOLD

'03 Centennal Edition GT 5 spd. 1 of 620 5 spd coupes made.

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm

Stock.....
13.89 @ 99.03

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/timeline/99-04/03/100th.htm
Old 05-29-2002, 01:34 PM   #22
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Quote:
Originally posted by EZRIDN
13.5s maybe man, but i think that you might need some gears to hit that time.
See that? Someone else is voting for gears.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
Old 05-29-2002, 03:03 PM   #23
Dark Knight
Registered Member

I havent been beat since I put the 8.8 in.,.. heheh... think the 4.30 gears have anything to do with it? couple more weeks and I'll make some passes.. havent run it with them in yet.,..

a big prob here for ALL the LS-1 cars is that they dont like the heat... my best run was with a 106* air temp... most of the LS's lose .2-.3 and a couple MPH... puts them well within range of my convert...
13.58@102.84 and a '68 stang .. project 8 sec street car... 557 big block + N20 :-)
http://members.cox.net/darkknight302/68nwrear.jpg
Old 05-29-2002, 04:12 PM   #24
Kevin Price
Registered Member

One

Don't confuse this site with others. No offense but I don't think you have been around long enough to come up with such a generalization. On top of that, don't lay judgement on situations you "anticipate" on happening but that you just haven't seen yet. I have been around for about 5-6 years now and have seen many, many changes.

Whereas I used to close 1 post a day, I now close maybe one a week. The only reason most of those are closed (more often moved) is that, unfortunately we do get a troll in here from time to time stirring things up. That's to be expected with any site. However, MustangWorks has a zero tolerance policy. We don't care about quantity, just quality.

I think often about how well this board goes in particular. If I have to leave town for a day or two I don't worry a bit. It's quite nice actually.

We do have the best members here, hand down. 99.9% are real world, no BS Mustang addicts who know what the competition is and where they stand in comparison. Trust me, if someone posts a questionable kill you can darn well bet they will get drilled on it.

In short, don't generalize. If you question someone or something be specific.

My Car
Old 05-29-2002, 05:00 PM   #25
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Price
One

Don't confuse this site with others. No offense but I don't think you have been around long enough to come up with such a generalization. On top of that, don't lay judgement on situations you "anticipate" on happening but that you just haven't seen yet. I have been around for about 5-6 years now and have seen many, many changes.

Whereas I used to close 1 post a day, I now close maybe one a week. The only reason most of those are closed (more often moved) is that, unfortunately we do get a troll in here from time to time stirring things up. That's to be expected with any site. However, MustangWorks has a zero tolerance policy. We don't care about quantity, just quality.

I think often about how well this board goes in particular. If I have to leave town for a day or two I don't worry a bit. It's quite nice actually.

We do have the best members here, hand down. 99.9% are real world, no BS Mustang addicts who know what the competition is and where they stand in comparison. Trust me, if someone posts a questionable kill you can darn well bet they will get drilled on it.

In short, don't generalize. If you question someone or something be specific.
Very well said Kevin. Damn right we are the "elite" of the messageboard world!!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 05-29-2002, 05:15 PM   #26
one
Registered Member

You really seemed to be irritated more then everyone else on this board about that post Stop Light. I must have struck a nerve with you. Why is that, do you have some shady post that you think I might be referring to?

One
Old 05-29-2002, 06:18 PM   #27
Unit 5302
Registered Member

My current Mustang's only loss is to a 40-somethin guy in a sport roof mid 90's LT-1 Corvette. It was in AZ and he beat me good. My car was running hot, and I was loaded down, but he had a passenger too, and it's not like the weather was cooler on his side of the road.

My friends moved over in the lead car to allow me to run the guy from a stop, but there was no reason to as far as I was concerned. He definately had a faster car. That was a couple years ago.

I'm don't hang out and street race, or go looking for races. If one happens to cross my path so be it.

Last edited by Unit 5302; 05-29-2002 at 08:06 PM..
Old 05-29-2002, 07:23 PM   #28
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by one
You really seemed to be irritated more then everyone else on this board about that post Stop Light. I must have struck a nerve with you. Why is that, do you have some shady post that you think I might be referring to?

One
If that post was meant to be sarcastic, then my response is this:

"LOL, welcome to the site."

If you were just being a punk, then my response is this:

"I take offense to those who come to this particular site attempting to stir up trouble. This is a quality site, and we don't need people like you to mess it up. I try to weed out trolls as soon as they rear their ugly heads. That is why I was posting so much. "

So, were you being funny or annoying?

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 05-29-2002, 08:12 PM   #29
Rev
Registered Member

Hey, lets not generalize too much about the old guys, whether in Vettes, Camaros, or Stangs.

I street race almost anyone if the cars are anywhere close in performance, but it has to be relatively SAFE.

I always get a chuckle when somebody thinks I won't race because I'm 58. I usually will give a long, hard rev though, just so they might know my intention, hee,hee.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 05-30-2002, 08:55 AM   #30
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

I like your style, Rev.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
Old 05-30-2002, 10:53 AM   #31
TruBluePony
Registered Member

I'm new to this site too and this is only my second post but I read a lot of these boards before I joined. I personally believe these are no bullshit post. I bought my 2001 GT in September and I haven't lost yet. But a lot of that is because mostly all I can get to race are ricers in their "all show no go" cars. I haven't been able to find one newer Camaro or Firebird that has been willing to run me. Now that could be because they've had their asses smoked by a Mustang already and are a little gun shy about getting it again. There is one guy who lives back in my neighborhood with a newer silver rag top Firebird with the Ram Air that likes to rev it at me when I pass him going the other way but ignores me when we're on the same side of the road. I have raced a 89 5.7 Firebird and ate him up off the line and pulled him though every gear. But it was ragged out and probably had some issues. As far as the old people go there was that old dude in the Caddy STS that raced me so that was unexpected but nice .
I don't go looking for races either but if one pops up I'll take it nor have I gone to the track yet. I'm planning on going so if you guys got any suggestions on how to get it to hook up with the stock tires I'd appreciate it.

Mods (Light):
Flowmaster 40 Series, K&N Filtercharger, PRO 5.0 short throw. Looking into a Diablo chip.
Old 05-30-2002, 09:59 PM   #32
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TruBluePony
I'm new to this site too and this is only my second post but I read a lot of these boards before I joined. I personally believe these are no bullshit post. I bought my 2001 GT in September and I haven't lost yet. But a lot of that is because mostly all I can get to race are ricers in their "all show no go" cars. I haven't been able to find one newer Camaro or Firebird that has been willing to run me. Now that could be because they've had their asses smoked by a Mustang already and are a little gun shy about getting it again.
I'm in Cincy alot. My dad and many friends still live there. Let me know when and I'll be your Huckelberry I'll even let you buy me e beer after If I loose I'll fill you mustangs tank

Your choice of 2 Quater mile , Roll from 20-110, roll from 50-110. All you have to do is win one! sounds like a deal to me!

Oh and If you can't tell I'm not a little gun shy
Old 05-30-2002, 11:33 PM   #33
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
My current Mustang's only loss is to a 40-somethin guy in a sport roof mid 90's LT-1 Corvette.
Damn must be some SLOW cars in your neck of the woods if you have a stock stang and have only lost once!
Old 05-31-2002, 05:43 AM   #34
TruBluePony
Registered Member

Hey Aquaman....In case you misinterpreted the post brother it said Camaros and Firebirds not Vettes. As my car stands right now I couldn't take a new vette if my Grandma was driving it. I'll tell you what you can do though if you want to show off your chevy muscle.......wait a few months for the 2003 Cobra to come out. I think after that you will be gun shy.
Eventually if everything pans in a couple of years I will be able to take you up on your offer, but you know how dreams are.....
I'm going down to the local dragstrip tonight so maybe I'll find a Camaro that will give me a run to show me where I stand.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #35
gtsr515
Registered Member

A 14 second Mustang can beat a 12 second truck, especially street racing, I have beat many cars that were seconds faster than me on the street because of all sorts of reasons, better hole shots, missed gears etc.

I understand what you mean, but it happens.
Old 05-31-2002, 11:08 PM   #36
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
I'll tell you what you can do though if you want to show off your chevy muscle.......wait a few months for the 2003 Cobra to come out. I think after that you will be gun shy.
Uh.....Ok......Sure

Anyway I know you were talking about F bods everybody's always talking about F bods but I want to play too ya' know.

So What track do you run at. I have been to Tri state quite a few times. And edgewater as well. Maybe I'll run into you sometime.

Oh and I wish you luck on getting yourself an 03 Cobra. It's real nice when dreams come true.
Old 06-03-2002, 08:11 AM   #37
TruBluePony
Registered Member

Actually I'm not planning on buying a Cobra...I'm hoping to add a Supercharger to mine when the warranty runs out in about 2 years. So I'll have sort of a "Cobra wish I was a". I did run a Trans Am this weekend on I-275 just past Beechmont Ave to the Route 52 exit and then down 52 and back up(if you know where I'm talking about). I lost about 3-4 feet to him through 3rd and 4th, but when I hit fifth from 130-145 mph I lost about 8 car lengths. So I at least know where I stand now if he was in it all the way.

I will be at Edgewater this Friday to see what it will run. If your ever there I'll be the guy with the blue Mustang with the tinted windows. My license plates read "U MORON", you can't miss it(I got that for the ricers since that's all they get to see)
I hoping to get a few passes in and learn a few things since I've never run at the track before. If you see me give me a yell and I'll buy you that beer.
Old 06-03-2002, 10:07 AM   #38
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
I did run a Trans Am this weekend on I-275 just past Beechmont Ave to the Route 52 exit and then down 52 and back up(if you know where I'm talking about). I lost about 3-4 feet to him through 3rd and 4th, but when I hit fifth from 130-145 mph I lost about 8 car lengths. So I at least know where I stand now if he was in it all the way.
Yeah I know where your Talking about. I grew up in Indian Hill and we used to run from the Indian Hill/Loveland Exit south to Eastgate mall. or north up to Montgomery Road.about 6-8 miles. Last one there had to buy everyones lunch. The HP trolls that section alot so be carefull I'd hate to see ya get a ticket for 100+ I got a few of those in that area when I was young. You would think I'd learn but

I will probably not be able to get there this Friday but maybe. If I do I'll look for ya'.
Old 06-03-2002, 02:17 PM   #39
TruBluePony
Registered Member

Yeah I know....but lately the HP has been up where the construction is......double fines and all. Hopefully you'll make it....if not another time then.
Closed Thread