MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2001, 04:49 PM   #1
rbatson

Angry RX-7 Grrrr....

I dropped my 89 off to have the aod adjusted. After the stallion was installed the gear selection was screwed up and the car rode bad, jerking when rpm's were low and such. I picked the car up after hours and on the way home...
I run into this little RX-7 with the big coffee can muffler I've seen around town(young kid). I am passing him slowly and he gives no indication that he wants some, but I keep an eye on him. He drops back a ways then I see him coming up(must of dropped back to build up speed). I floor it and try to downshift into 2nd. WTF?!? It won't go into 2nd!!! GRRRR.. He starts to pull and I finally just give it up, I'm pinging like crazy. Something else I need to address, I forgot(so much on my mind) that I need to get a timing retard since the blower is hooked up. So, no excuses... he won that one. Makes me mad, I can't hold 1st or 2nd gear now!! I gotta go get it adjusted... again.
To quote incubus; PARDON ME WHILE I BURST!! I guess there is next time...

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 11/5/2000)
My 97 Cobra