MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-04-2001, 04:20 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Red face The thrill of victory.... the agony of police....

Was out cruisin' late Sunday night.
(Thank God for 3 day weekends)

Saw a 88-93 fox body with big meats (they weren't slicks though)on the back and skinnies on the front with some WAY loud flowmasters. I swear I could hear that thing 1/4 mile away over my own engine...

We played with each other for a couple miles till we hit a light at a deserted intersection. He rolled down the window and asked what I had, I smiled and said "Blower"

He said all he had was some heads. (Was I supposed to not count the meats on the back and the deafening exhaust?

Light went green and surprisingly pulled one heck of a hole shot on him. By the top of 3rd he was 3 cars back and still falling back. Just as I let off the throttle I see a police cruiser coming out of one of the side roads. I knew I was toast as the whole WORLD could hear us coming down the road.

The other guy kept going ahead and I took a left turn wondering who was going to get pulled over. Sure enough the cop follows me and turns on those damn lights. CRAP!

I point to the next shoulder and pull over...
You know out of everything I could be worried about at that moment, I was thinking of what I was going to hear from my wife after this was all over...

The cop comes over to the driver's side with that "I caught you with your pants down" look as he politely asks how I'm doing tonight...

"Looks like you caught me foolin' around..." (why lie at this point)
He responds by saying: "Let me tell you how this is gonna go down, racing is an arrestable offense. I could take you to jail, stack up some hefty fines and tow your car. You're getting one warning, I suggest you take it to Ennis...."

With that, he hurries back into his car, turns back onto the main road, meets with ANOTHER police cruiser, and they speed off in the same direction as the fox body.

I have a feeling he didn't get off as easy as I did if they caught him....

I think Ennis may be receiving much more money from my wallet (whew...)

Oh yea, 95MustangGT: This post does not exhist as far as my wife is concerned...
Beer bribery is on the way...

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 09-04-2001).]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 06:17 PM   #2
RAGE_5.0
Registered Member

yeah but i could also slip her an email with this link.......hmmm that is worth a keg of molson canadian i think?????? unless u want ur balls as decoration hangin from the rearview mirror=)

man i'm just jokin
good kill...if i ever get caught racin i am gonn a challenge the cop to a if i loose i get the ticket i win and i don't get the ticket
wonder if tht would work??????

------------------
Black 1990 gt cobra bonestock
not for long
RAGE_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 12:56 PM   #3
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Nice kill on the fox though, he probably had a built 306.

Good move, I have found that cops really dont want obe jerks unless you provoke them to be. Be nice, and just tell the truth, and most of the time that will help you get off.

What is Ennis?

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 01:52 PM   #4
bada$$lx

Cool

Nice run. Congrats on getting off clean. Usually, if you're polite and honest, they'll be cool. But, sometimes you're either going way too fast or it's in a very popluated area and they have no choice but to "do their job". How fast were you guys going when you saw him?

------------------
'90 LX 5.0;12K original miles (no sh*&);3.55 gears; March pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads;BBK 1 5/8" equal length shorties;MSD 6AL ignition w/ blaster 2 coil;FMS E303 cam;Pro-M 75mm MAF;BBK 70mm TB; Eibach drag-launch spring kit;Southside welded subs;9" K&N cone filter charger;Hurst shifter;Cervini's 3" turbo hood;A/C delete; gutted cats;2 chamber Flomasters;Corbeau racing seats;FMS 30# injectors;JMS chip; Holley 190lb fp;TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113 - 1.78 60')
Old 09-05-2001, 03:37 PM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Damn Hammer, could have been A LOT worse!!!

I think you took a good approach in being honest with the cop. You must have been shitting your pants at that moment though!

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Shorty Headers, K&N filter, short throw shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 03:59 PM   #6
exgmguy
Registered Member

Gook kill.

Good luck as well with the cop. I have been issued 3 or 4 drag racing tickets, and was let off once while on my streetbike racing a chick in a "new" LT1 Formula back in 1994.

Sky, Ennis is a Track in Texas. I believe it is one of the tracks that all the LS1 guys on LS1.com used to get their nearly unbelievable numbers at.

------------------
1988 Mustang GT
11.8 @ 123 (7/14/01)
1992 BadAzz Wrangler
1993 Explorer

See my car at: www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/moi-display.cgi?179
exgmguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 05:10 PM   #7
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

Damn, thats crazy.

Oh, i think there is several guys on ls1.com from here too, the "sa f-body club", heh, but you know, down here mustangs outnumber them.

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, 177k miles, steeda water pump pulley, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

next mods:4.10's, slicks.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 06:36 PM   #8
jonnyk
Being stroked is great

Wow...talk about getting the adrenaline going. You're lucky it played out that way Good kill on the loud Foxstang.

------------------
'91 LX Hatch, 17 ROH ZR6's, lowered, 3.73's, offroad H pipe, SN Cobra cat-back, ASP pullies, 14° timing, C&L 76mm MAF, 170A 3G, B&M Ripper on a T5
Best ET: 14.593 @ 94.62 2.292 60'
1991 LX Hatch 5.0L
jonnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 09:16 PM   #9
dinomite
The Dude

your really lucky hammer, but cool race!
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 01:26 AM   #10
mustang marty gt

you were ,lucky ias doing 80mph just crusin' i was trying to put in a cd . 65 mph onthis highway looked up & saw a parked cop on the side of the road ,oh yeah ,my side he flipped his light's on oh crap i just, let off & slowed to 60 mph , just went ahead & pulled over he flpped his blue's on & pulled in behind me took a while to call in my tag's gulf war vet he came up & asked do you know how fast yuo were going ? isaid no ' not till i saw you , he asked for my liscenes & asked were you in the gulf war - hum! i almost asked , what doe's my tag say & then thought better of that , ijust said, yes sir he said slow it down i said yes sir, if you know anything about , chattanooga tn , i was in red bank , had to pay a ticket there once for , going 31 in a30 mph zone , i wish i had video taped it , very lucky indeed good luck!

------------------
Old 09-07-2001, 04:30 AM   #11
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Man Hammer the way you told that event made feel like I was riding in the car with you. Heh, seeing who he was gonna pull over then he gets behind YOU and those stinking lights come on . LOL.

I think you handled it very well. Somehow though I think that cop had a little bit of racer blood in him too.

Good point bada$$lx.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 03:07 PM   #12
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

Red face

Great story. We have a big motorcycle rally in the area every June (Similar to Sturgis and Daytona). Cops everywhere. This year I'm cruizin home at midnight when I come to a light. No trafic and a budy in the stang with me from outa town, so I do a nice tire squelling, smoke cranking breakstand for about 35 seconds. Let off, fish tail, straighten out and make it about 50 feet when I see the state police car sitting in a parking lot up ahead. He turns off his interior light, flips on the headlights and blues (I ruin my underware), he turns off the headlights and blues, turns on the interior light and goes back to his newspaper. 35 MPH the rest of the way home.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 09:45 PM   #13
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking

Hammer,

Man, I leave for Toronto for one week and this happens...where should I classify this one, with the PS2

I won't say anything to her, but it's going to cost you...not sure what yet, but it will cost you .

Other than that, good kill! Guess you need me as a co-pilot to watch for cops eh?

Oh and my wife wants a few beer...

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote