MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-05-2001, 08:03 AM   #1
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Unhappy The time has come for Marbles to find a new home.

Well, i am selling Marbles, my charished 87 GT. I am moving to Mass after the summer most likely. I will be going to school in Rhode Island. It will be tough seeing as how school will be $35,000 a year. I will be living with family, so that will help out some. Basically i can't afford to keep all of my toys. I am selling my van, by boat, and.....(sniffle) My mustang. Gas up there is outragious, and maintenance on her is getting to more costly due to her age. I will rebuild my honda's motor this summer and drive it for a few years. I don't want to just store her, b/c she will be gone to long and start to deterioate. I'm was hoping to sell her for about $6k, but after this hood incident, i will have to take a loss on her.

But i have to look on the bright side. I have had many great times with that car, and now i will pass it on to some other person that will be able to experience the shear thrill of owning one of the greatest marks ever. And after school, i will be looking for that bone stock 98 tripple black Cobra to start on. Can we say NOVI? Light Em Up!!! Jonathan
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 02:08 PM   #2
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

I would have stored her. My car adds stress to my life everyday in ways you cannot believe, but I made a pact with her when I bought her that we would be together always, even if she was just sitting.

Shiloh has been the basis of MANY arguments with my folks, but we have been through too much together.

Sorry bout your luck, and I'm sure youll enjoy the cobra...

------------------
Elisha (Mustang Chick Extraordinaire)
1994 GT/Saleen: Cartech intake,4.10s, full exhaust, pulleys, Compucar nitrous kit 125 shot
Sold the 1986 LX sedan
http://www.geocities.com/mustangbelle_306
AOL name: GT306Chick

Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2001, 04:50 PM   #3
NoSlow5.0

Unhappy

Believe me Elisha, i want to keep her sooooo much. But there are times when the heart has to be shut up so that the head can lead. Keeping Marbles is just not practical in the least. I am usually not a practical type of guy, but this is very different. And i'd rather her make someone else as happy as she made me, than sit in my garage and rot over the next few years. If school was not so expensive i could find a way to keep her. But a quality education in this carreer field does not come cheap. And it is not like i haven't tried to find a way. I have even spoken to a member on this site about selling them Marbles cheap, then buying her back after i am out and settled. That way she would get the love and care she needs, and i would not have to give her up. Sorry. Jonathan

[This message has been edited by NoSlow5.0 (edited 04-05-2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 12:07 AM   #4
Godslayer
Registered Member

Ditto NoSlow... I am selling mine too. Because I don't want to store it and I can't afford gas or to do what I want with it. God bless school. On the plus side I'll be buying another bike, but I will still miss the stang. It is truly a marvel of mechanical wonder.

------------------
87 GT
Full exhaust, K&N, KB Subs, BBK STB, homeade dumps...

87 Taurus
New York
Winters Bite!

Godslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 12:17 AM   #5
Token Right Guy
Registered Member

Lightbulb

Dude...have you lost your Marbles?

Sorry, but someone had to say it...
Token Right Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2001, 06:20 PM   #6
NoSlow5.0

Smile

Well Token, it seems that you heve put it into a whole new praspective now! LOL Light Em Up!!!