MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-20-2001, 02:31 AM   #21
crewzin
Registered Member

Default First memory

My first memory of my stang was the best. My dad had been telling me for a while he was going to get himself a new Bronco and give me his old one. So one day he called from work and said he had found one and was going to pick it up after work. This meant the old 78 Bronco was going to be alllllll minnneee. I worked all day long cleaning and waxing the beast and was so proud that my dad was going to have a new one and me the old one. Well I waited till about 11pm that night to see his new ride and show him how much I appreciated him giving me the old one, but fell asleep only to be woken up at midnight.

The sound I woke up to did'nt sound like a new Bronco, but what the hell it was 12 and I went to the door to meet him in my pj's. When I opened the door he was grinning and said "whatcha think bout my new ride". I could'nt see it because the 78 sat so tall in the driveway. On my way round the 78 he said " we'll I lied bout my new ride, but I though you'd like this a little better than that old Bronco". There sat my 70 MACH 1 behind the Bronco, my favorite color too. So there I was smiling ear to ear in my pj's at midnight in the driveway. Damm even after all these years it makes me grin to think about it.
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 05:21 AM   #22
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

Quote:
My first memory of my stang was the best. My dad had been telling me for a while he was going to get himself a new Bronco and give me his old one. So one day he called from work and said he had found one and was going to pick it up after work. This meant the old 78 Bronco was going to be alllllll minnneee. I worked all day long cleaning and waxing the beast and was so proud that my dad was going to have a new one and me the old one. Well I waited till about 11pm that night to see his new ride and show him how much I appreciated him giving me the old one, but fell asleep only to be woken up at midnight.

The sound I woke up to did'nt sound like a new Bronco, but what the hell it was 12 and I went to the door to meet him in my pj's. When I opened the door he was grinning and said "whatcha think bout my new ride". I could'nt see it because the 78 sat so tall in the driveway. On my way round the 78 he said " we'll I lied bout my new ride, but I though you'd like this a little better than that old Bronco". There sat my 70 MACH 1 behind the Bronco, my favorite color too. So there I was smiling ear to ear in my pj's at midnight in the driveway. Damm even after all these years it makes me grin to think about it.

Wow, thats a really good memory. I like it. I choose it as the #1 for now. Almost made me cry.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 12:10 PM   #23
budman94gt
Registered Member

Mercury,
I'm not sure if we will be out there. I hope so, I know there will be plenty of racing going on. The girl is brooke burke, the girl from the E! channel.
94 GT 3:73 gears, K&N, Pro 5.0, Ford Racing Cobra R rims, Flowmaster two chamber cat-back, Mac off road h-pipe, march ram air, bbk underdrive pullies, and zoom king cobra clutch, steeda clutch cable and quadrant,

rice mod: powered by ford seat belt pads
budman94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 01:35 PM   #24
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Cool i remember very well...

ahhah I remember the first memory with my car. well it's actually an experience...I got the car in the summer, and well about a day after I got insured my best friend matt was over..(he's not into cars...god knows why...) and my cousin eric and his friend... so I asked them if they wanted to go for a ride...of course they wanted to...I took her down a side street, an dmy friends like so what can this thing do? I'm like i dunno lets find out...I immediatly floor it, i had 4 people in the car at the time but it still felt fast to me, I didn't realize ho wmuch braking room I would need for the stop sign so I started to brake, and I had to step on the brake, I was like 10 feet passed the stop sign smoke flying everywhere from the tires...O god that scared me, and at the same time it kicked ***...I don't torture her like that nemore tho.lol everyone in the car was shitting their pants, I was laughing so damn hard.
Old 12-20-2001, 01:50 PM   #25
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

brooke burke from the E channel -eee -oooww, i must program my vcr -note to self-oh crap here comes odie -uh see ya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 04:33 PM   #26
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

My first memory in a stang is when I was about 7 and I was riding in the back seat of my grandfather's 67 GT convertible. I was staring straight up on a clear night and saw my first shooting star. It was soooo cool
Old 12-20-2001, 05:50 PM   #27
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

That girl is fiiiiiine!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 07:56 PM   #28
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

Cool awesome stories/memories

Reading these are so fun guys. especially since I'm sitting in my computer applications class...which makes the stories even funner...Keep on posting guys, u almost made me cry
Old 12-20-2001, 09:33 PM   #29
stangdiva
Registered Member

My first memory was when I purchased my first Mustang. I did not know how to drive a 5-speed so I had someone else test drive the car for me. I did not know how to drive, but I did know how to negotiate! It was the middle of January in Wisconsin, so the dealer could not sell the car. The stang was a 1989 Gt, Black loaded with 41000 miles. I bought it in January 1992 for only $7000.00. I had someone else drive it home for me. The nexy day I had to go to work, in a mild snowstorm, with no 5-speed ability. I killed the car 27 times, but I made it. Then I killed it at least 27 more times on the way home!! After a couple weeks I had the hang of it and am proud to report I pulled 96000 miles out of the original clutch, racing and all! I was hooked with my first pony and I have owned four more since. A 1991 GT, 1993 Cobra, 1994 Cobra and 1998 Cobra. My next Stang is a 98 Saleen s351. I want that bad!!! IN time In time!!
Old 12-20-2001, 10:07 PM   #30
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

The Saleen S351's are awesome. I'd love to have one of though. But I'm gonna stick to my classics. After I'm done with my fastback, I'm going to by a '69 coupe to build as a drag racer. 11s naturally aspirated is my goal. I'm thinking maybe 408 stroker from Indy Mustang Performance, and a 4-spd combo.
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2001, 07:33 PM   #31
MustangMouse
Registered Member

Well......I had a crappy 1981 four banger back in 1989...........
I was senior in high school.......My stang sucked but I loved it.......
It was fugly orange, and not in perfect shape..........
It died on me many times, had a bad accident in it......Then fought the insurance company to keep it.........
It must have been love of some sort cause I got two ponies now...........
MustangMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 05:47 AM   #32
mustangman65_79
My poor 79 RIP

These stories are great, keep them up plz. Maybe even put some of your best memories too.
'94 Lightning
'96 Trans am
mustangman65_79 is offline   Reply With Quote