MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-14-2002, 05:12 PM   #21
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Exclamation

OMG, Marty! I've been away from the board too, (took an online weekend writing workshop that had me hopping), so when I came back today and scanned the threads, yours was the one I jumped on first!

I just had surgery myself Dec. 3 to remove several lumps, but mine were benign. I know how scared I was, not just of possible cancer, but I'm terrified of needles and knives, etc., so I know EXACTLY how you guys feel!

The name of the game is catching this crap early so the doctors can do something. Sounds like that's what Odie's situation is, so as mentioned before, have a little faith. Also, there really isn't much you can say, so don't beat yourself up trying to solve everything. My sweet husband was with me before and as I woke up from my surgery, and just knowing that really did help me. I knew he couldn't do any more for me, and Odie knows you can't do anything for her but be there. So you're doing the right and best thing by just being there for her.

You need to be confident (for her sake) even if you have to fake it. I know that's probably easier said than done since you're maybe just as scared as she is. I'll pray for you guys, and please give Odie my regards and well-wishes. Take care of yourself, too, Marty...that's an order!
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 07:37 AM   #22
gt lee

Thumbs up

I would like to thank each and everyone for you prayers and good wishes, todays the day, I feel good about al of this even though it has been a hard thing to swallow in one week. I want to thank each and all for being here for Marty, and myself hes been great, I know that its been hard on him and like a lot of you said I just need him by my side, This isn't the first operation I have been through but sure hope its the last, not to many parts left for them to take anymore, but he is my rock, and has brought me through some tough times, I not going to say that I am not scared this time because I am but I am also not going to let this get me down, I have meet a bunch of great people here and I want to come back in full forse and show Marty I can beat his posts, hahaha well again thank you all so much and keep Marty on his toes don't cut him to much slack. OK
Old 01-15-2002, 12:40 PM   #23
Marys00
Registered Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God's hands be on you in your time of need.
Marys00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 06:27 PM   #24
SouthernStang
Mustang Girl

I am so sorry to hear the news. 2 Years ago I had to have breast surgery. They doctors thought I had a 50/50 chance of having cancer. They found a large mass on my breast bone. They could not see it good with the mammogram or the songram. And it was too deep for a biopsy. So I had to have the surgery. The good news was no cancer. I was only 26 and scared to death. I had that surgery to remove the lump then reconstruction. And I am not going to say it wasn't hard. It was a hard,painful surgery to recover from. But with the Doctors and technolgy we have today. I am sure your wife will recover to the fullest. I 'll be praying for her. God Bless Yall Deidra
SouthernStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:58 PM   #25
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well everyone it was about a 85% sucess the doc couldnt get it all,some had latched onto the veins towards her shoulder & maybe higher, he told me if he went any further it would have put her in danger ,so i guess it's chemo & radiation next,thank's for all of your prayer's, we appreciate it so much, im burned out ,so good night ,will update thank's all the mw peep's,ya'll are the greatest.thank's again, marty.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #26
mustangdani55
Registered Member

wow. Marty, Odie..i'm speechless. So sorry to hear . I knew you said Odie had cancer, but i was out for a couple of days, didn't see anything about it on blue, so i figured you would keep us up. Then i found you over here.

I won't tell you my sisters story..she is fine. Just know that my prayers are with you two, cause its gotta be just as hard on you Marty , as it is on Odie. Prayers really do help.
Old 01-18-2002, 10:45 AM   #27
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

Can we get an update, please? How's Odie doin'?
Old 01-18-2002, 12:18 PM   #28
Coupe Devil

Glad to hear the success of the surgery. Gtlee. If you lose you loose your hair from the Kemo, keep it shaved. I had a blad grandma for about a year. Its pretty neat to tel lyour friends that your grandma is a bald biker chick. Ha Ha j/k Glad to hear that it went well. Get well soon. You need to be back in that stang as soon as possible.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 01:13 PM   #29
Old Guy with 87 GT
Registered Member

well i'm glad to hear things went relitivly well .......i wish you luck in your recovery odie and hope to hear from you soon .........remember marty and odie that you both are in our prayers and all of us hear at mustangworks wish you both well

james
Old Guy with 87 GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 09:00 PM   #30
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

well my fellow stanger's ,i got to bring lee home today, im happy it will be a long road but im optimistic, will be a while before it all scramble's out ,my finger's are crossed , i can't imagine my life without her, but i aint gonna let that happen, so i thank each & everyone of my fellow mw people , she will prevail, im da-n positive on that ,i still want to thank each & everyone of you ya'll are such great people , i just dont know what to say,except thank's again.

R H C- member # 1
Old 01-19-2002, 04:44 PM   #31
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up Hope and courage

crazy horse gt/gt lee:

I'm so sorry that I missed this thread earlier. This happened because it was posted on GC2 and Nicolle does such a fine job with this forum that I only check in once a week - or less.

To give this thread an even wider audience, I'm copying it to the Blue Oval Lounge.

Odie, Marty; please know that I'm very happy - and relieved - to read that Odie came through the operation in good shape and that the prognosis is promising. I pray for complete recovery, of course.

I certainly wish you both the very best and Marty, I want to commend you for being a fine example of how a man should respond to his wife in times of crisis. You've been Odie's rock and support all the way and that is as good as any medicine any doctor could prescribe.

Odie/Marty; I admire both your devotion to each other and your mutual strength, as do all of our members who have followed this story.
You're a good example for anyone here who has yet to grasp the true meaning of love and committment.

Odie is a fine lady and with her positive attitude and strength of character she'll be a winner.
All of us on MW are rooting for you Odie and we'll be watching the forums to see how you're progressing. Please accept our love and best wishes for recovery and a future so bright, you'll need to wear shades.
Old 01-19-2002, 08:50 PM   #32
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

My heart and prayers are there for you and your family. I wish you the best of luck. My fingers are crossed, just try to stay strong especially for her sake.

God Bless,
§am

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 10:20 PM   #33
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

crazy horse gt and gt lee, I don't know you two personally, but I really care about you two and I hate that you have to go through this. I cannot express how I feel by writing on a message board. I'm truly sorry I can't physically do much to help you, but I will sincerely pray that she will make a full recovery.

Both, of you are still in my prayers.

Jamal
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 10:47 PM   #34
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

MR 5 0:

I appreciate you putting this on the Lounge.

I don't know really know what to say except I love this 'Stang site; it's like a family to us and I respect your opinion more than anything. I want to thank each & every one of you.

I feel like everyone here should all live in the same neighborhood - it would be so cool.
I know that I was goofing around trying to get 1000 posts but that is all trivial to me now.

I thank you all very much & yes, I believe that it is all up to our Lord Jesus Christ; I'm just on my knees...it's His answer, not mine - or anybody else's.

Thanks again everyone. I'll pray for each & every one of you also. Good night.

Marty & Lee .

R H C- member # 1
Old 01-21-2002, 11:40 AM   #35
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

OMG!! You are all definitely in my prayers.
It's always the good people that get screwed! I don't understand it.

Keep the faith; everything will work out in the end.

Best wishes,
Jonathan.

GET BETTER SWEETIE!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:00 PM   #36
Sknight579
Registered Member

Unhappy Sorry

Hey man sorry to here about that, My prayors are with you and your family.

--- Travis
Sknight579 is offline   Reply With Quote