MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-24-2002, 06:59 PM   #21
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Well I used to carry a firearm in the Mustang, so I guess I'm part of that ONE percent...

Not trying to being hypocritical, since I road rage enough for several people , but I would NEVER EVER slam on my brakes in front of someone on purpose...sure they are technically responsible, but that's only if they STOP.

Not many people are fortunate/smart enough to have the opportunity to own a 2000 GT, and having wrecked several times, I know its very hard to have quality body work done. Just doesn't seem worth it.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 09:02 PM   #22
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Gettin whooped

Sorry to hear bout your run in with the redneck. There are a lot of people out there that do not appreciate how much work goes into a nice car. Ive had those run ins myself and I still loose it everytime. The first time I was in high school and spent all saturday spit shinning up my 70Mach for the sat night cruise. I was there maybe ten mins when this redneck comes flying by and moves over in front of me then my windshield gets covered by some stuff a guy in the back of the truck throws out of a bucket on my car. I didnt even think about it, wfo up beside them and pulled my pistol. The guy in the back falls so hard I could hear it over my radio and he starts to scream to the driver, HES GOT A GUN. They speed off and get a ticket while I wait in a parking lot for em to leave. Finally they leave and I catch up to them and it ends up being a friend from school. Wheew glad I just waved it at em and didnt wig out and shoot. He said it scared him so bad that he cried, swore he would never do that stuff to anyone again. Thats one redneck cured for life Later......
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 10:33 PM   #23
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Quote:
Well I used to carry a firearm in the Mustang, so I guess I'm part of that ONE percent...
I said 1% chance he would pull it out.

Quote:
Not trying to being hypocritical, since I road rage enough for several people , but I would NEVER EVER slam on my brakes in front of someone on purpose...sure they are technically responsible, but that's only if they STOP.
So you'd pull a gun out someone, but you wouldn't slam on your brakes in front of them?
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:24 AM   #24
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89

So you'd pull a gun out someone, but you wouldn't slam on your brakes in front of them?
Actually...no. YOU said that. As you obviously already understood in your first quote, I meant I carry a firearm. So, I think you answered your own question
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 02:35 AM   #25
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

ok enough road rage just joking .

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03

Last edited by Crazy Horse GT; 02-26-2002 at 02:44 AM..
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2002, 03:50 AM   #26
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Road Rage.....Has the word Rage in it..For a reason.

Rage=an emotion for which most actions are not done under total control.

Under normal brain wave activity, I would not slam my brakes on infront of anyone at such speeds either.

As for carrying a firearm. I would like to for my own protection, but I do not. In reality, shooting at a car from another moving car that is behind you is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

A car can be a very effective weapon also. 3500 lbs, at that velocity, or at any velocity can be pretty dangerous.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:05 AM   #27
The Sandman
Registered Member

Hey bro, sorry I didn't see your post until now. You know how I've come down with the flu this past weekend, and I just got on today to check my mail and the boards.
And guys, I can attest to his anger. He got to my house around 7ish on Friday and he got out of the car and just started walking around in circles, not speaking to me or our other friend (Joey) who was at my house as well. After a couple minutes we ask him, and well you all know what happens since...
You all also got the 'clean version' of the story

« Red Firebird »
[ A4 ][ W68 ]

[ Interior Painted Red/Black ][ Wings West Spoiler (Black) ][ Firebat Decals ]
[ (^ How-to For ^) ][ Zaino'ed x 17 ]
[ Mobil 1 ][ Flowmaster 80 ]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
LS1.com Moderator
FirebirdV6.com Moderator
North Bay Mustang Moderator
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 10:43 AM   #28
Tod
Registered Member

as much as it sucks hearing about it Merc, i must admit you have a way with spawning mental pitcures as you tell a story. "I was yelling so loud my eyes were crossed". lol kinda funny to see when you actually see someone do that in person.

but seriously that sucks BIG time. i get cigarettes thrown at me all the time. one has even gotten stuck under the wiper, ash everywhere (we were at a light and he flicked it out the sunroof). but that's still not as bad as HUMAN SPIT. and tobacco nonetheless. dang, i would've probly just followed him all the way back to his trailer with my middle finger up the entire way, walked into his little shed out back and taken a crap on his hunting gear. ok i wouldn't but i would want to

maybe next time i'll simply chuck the baseball bat i have in the car at all times at him. eh, at least you got somewhat revenge without getting anyone injured.

happy driving ........
Old 02-27-2002, 10:48 AM   #29
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Addendum

Belle:

I'm not a cop or a lawyer but I believe that in most cases, when a female is in any way attacked by a male - even by automobile - on the road - pulling a gun may be permissible (assuming it's licensed) if she can prove that she had reason to believe her life was in danger.
Touchy legal situation but if two men not only spat at your car (no real danger to your life, there) but then tried to ram you or in any way 'assault' you with their vehicle, pulling your weapon would probably be justifiable but laws are weird and every jurisdiction is different so you could still be in trouble but worth it if you thought you were in true danger.

FYI to all:

Your auto collision insurance doesn't pay for 'intentional' acts that cause damage to your vehicle. Running someone off the road and hitting them - no matter what else happens - will find you paying for both your damage and the other guy's out of your pocket. Insurance will not pay when you cause damage due to a purposeful, illegal act.

I know because I was an auto insurance agent at one time. Check your policy's fine print.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 12:46 PM   #30
DRASTiK
Registered Member

I know exactly how you felt. About two weeks after my wife and I bought her a 2001 Grand Prix GT fully loaded, we were on the highway going from Cali to AZ, and there's this black toyota tacoma that's driving like a maniac (which isn't rare in southern CA), but this guy was running people off the road!! Traffic was going slow (about 20 in a 65) because the roads were so packed on a Friday afternoon. Even though there's no way he could have gone any faster because both lanes were moving at the same slow speed, he still insisted on staying about a foot and a half away from the back bumper of whomever he was behing.
It was a nice day, so we both had our windows down and he came up on my bumper, and my wife was freaking out!! I tapped the brakes real quick just enough for the brake lights to come on to let him know that I didn't appreciate having him ride my bumper. Well that pissed him off. He started swerving and almost rammed the car beside him to get over in the other lane to get beside me. This made my wife really freak out and I was starting to get a little upset myself, both mad, confused, and a little scared of what he was going to do. He wound up grabbing a handful of change and throwing it at the side of my car, hitting my wife and scratching the entire side of my BRAND NEW CAR!!!!! All I can say is I'm glad I don't carry a gun in my car, because if I did, I would have shot his tire, and maybe the side of his truck. I'd have been in jail. I followed him for a while, driving a little crazy because I was so mad, but my wife told me to stop because he wasn't worth it. We got his plate number and called the insurance company. I still get extremely pissed when I think of this.

Dave
DRASTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:22 PM   #31
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

On a side not, since were kinda on the subject.

When I was young (Still am, but younger then of course), like 16, I use to have to drive across town to my job back then, Food Lion.

I got chased twice while in my old 64 1/2 with the 6cyl. Thats was extremely scary. I didnt know why I was being chased, or by whom. It was late at night. All I did was speed (It took ALONG time for that car to get to any kind of speed) and hope someone would notice my problem. I Drove the whole way to the Food Lion on my side of town (They were open 24 hours then) and Parked right infront of the store and ran into the store. Told the employess what was happening. The van slowed, then took off.

2nd time was somthing similar. I had had enough, I wanted a car that could outrun a 1970 something slant 6 full sized Van. I was chased once from down town in my old stang getting off my job at RPS (Now called Fed Ex) It was real late, and I had a mad load of cash that I needed to deposit.

I noticed someone follwoing me for a while. So I took a few turns, made a few loops through town, and they stayed behind me. Pacing me.

So, to make a long story short. I ended up rip roaring through Down Town Fayetteville Late at night. Pulled a Steve McQueen Bullit thing on a set of ramped rail road tracks. Hauled *** to Wal Mart (Open 24 hours also then) parked illegally and ran inside. The car didnt follow. It turned back around.

I've been followed to the bank before while trying to make my Nightly Deposit while in my 2000 GT, and they TRIED to pursue me. Needless to say, they couldnt keep up. I left them, bad, turned back around to make my deposit, saw them going the other way, I made eye contact. Gave them the Bird, whipped the car around and FOLLOWED THEM. They tried running from me, it was a 80's Cavalier. I drove like a mad man on there tail. After 5 mintues of them trying to outrun me, I calmed down, got my mind working again, and let off.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 03:17 PM   #32
VNAMUS in VA
Registered Member

Daaaang! You need to make a move, Merc.
Old 02-28-2002, 01:00 PM   #33
Tod
Registered Member

my friend was chased before on the way home from a concert. he simply pulled into a parking lot were a Sherriff was sitting made a quick mention about his little problem, and before the persuer realized what happened, he had a Sherriff riding his sorry butt. turns out the guy was a bully from his high school and he got the night in the local jail. some people just don't get it.

i've never been mad enough to follow anyone (more than 5 miles anyway ), but i have passed someone coming the other way that had royaly ticked me off a few days prior and whipped it around to follow and they freaked out, nearly ditching his car. sometimes when the rolls are reversed, the pursuer is just as scared as the pursuEE(sp? )
Old 02-28-2002, 02:07 PM   #34
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

Here's a good way to deal with A-holes on the road. The last time some jerk cut me off and tryed f-ing with me I picked up my cell phone, dialed 911 and told them I suspected I was following a drunk driver, gave them the licence number & description of the car and that he was driving very erratic and just ran a stop sign. The 911 operator asked if I was following him, I said yes and gave them our location. They said they would dispatch a patrol car in the vicinity and sure enough, about 10 minutes later we passed a cruiser at an intersection, his lights came on and he pulled the shthd over. I really hoped he had some dope or a gun or something in the car and got his ***** arrested.
Try it.
92GT,K&N, air silencer removed, MAC equal length shorty headers,9mm FMS wires, 2 chamber Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus,King Cobra clutch,FMS aluminum drive shaft,FMS 3:55's, KYB struts, shocks & quads.
RAINSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 02:09 PM   #35
Coupe Devil

Part of me says; "What if this fool pulled out a gun and started shooting at you?"

Still worth it? Props to Mr. 5 0

I have been shot at. No its not worth it, I wasnt hit or my truck either but I have never been more scared in my life. I'll admit i did somethign stupid but he provoked me, just like this guy did you Merc. This was a few years ago and seeing the number of people that carry concealed weapons these days ( I have a class in two weeks to get mine) I am alot more cautious as to what I do while on the road know. You never know who has a gun and who doesnt. But if you see this guy out of his vehicle somewhere, and have the chance, Kick his ***** seabass.

Out for know.

Brad

Built Ford Tough Moderator
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote