MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-10-2001, 10:31 AM   #1
Try Me
Registered Member

Angry Road rage almost killed me

Yesterday i took off work early with my g/f with the Stang on our first top down cruise of the year (her first topless experience too :-) On my way to drop her off at her friends place, i ended behind a 80's Dodge Mini-van that was driving about 20 in a 50.
Our lane was wide enough to fit two cars, but barely because of the snow banks along side.

So at the red light, he stops not in the middle of the lane, but to the left thinking he was gonna let through on the right. Now i would have passed him on the left before this but there was lots of traffic.

Light goes green, i peel out - so does he. I nail it even harder but my bald G-Force's just spin, but slowly get traction and start to pass, then the f*cker starts squeezing me, forcing me onto the shoulder of the road into the snow.
I hit the brakes hoping not to spin out then get back behind him - then he slows down agin!

I pass on the left, f*cker accelerates with me, forcing me off the shoulder of the LEFT lane - his piece off sh*t was about 1/2 an inch from my car, g/f was freaking right out.
Then this integra is coming at me in the opposite lane, flashing it's lights and honking, i try to get back into my lane, but if i slowed down, the f*cker in the mini-van would slow down, same thing if i sped up.. i was within seconds of slamming my car into his when he finally lets me in, i was 1/2 second away from a head collison with the integra :-(

I looked in the rear view and saw what side street he turned on to (some low, low rental area). Blah Blah drop my g/f off at her friends place. On the way back from dropping off my g/f, i got thinking about how close to death i really was.
Down that same side street i pull into. Sure enough is that rusted out piece off sh*t in in front a trashy shack.
Step out of the car, the guy starts giving me the finger through the window!
Walk up the steps, knok knok, no answer.
BANG BANG BANG! Door comes flying open and standing before was human trash. He started shaking like crazy - must've thought i was smaller or something.
I say "******* ! What the ***** was all that about?"
He swings at me! Then and again and again! I push him off me. I step back, take my coat off and tell him "That's it, you're going down!" It was easy as that.
This guy was a lunatic. I charge him, then he runs back into his house and locks the door. I tried to kick it down, everthing, it wouldn't budge. I came to my senses and figured "You suck - and you're not worth it."
So i leave. I'm pulling out of the laneway when he comes running at me again with his portable phone "That's right officer, his liscence plate is *** ***. The po-po's have yet to pay me a visit, yet.

When i thik of it, his wife and kids were in the van with him, they must have been so proud of their father/husband. Tsk!

Try Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 11:04 AM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Try me:

Scary story. Lucky the guy didn't come out with a gun instead of fists and you know going back to find him was a mistake, but most of us have done (or wanted to do) the same thing at some time.

You got lucky and the cops probably won't hassle you, but you're on shaky ground, legally, as it was his property he was 'defending' and the traffic hassle becomes your word against his (girlfriends don't carry much weight in court).
Let's hope the cops don't bother following this one up and we can let your story serve as a yet another reminder that these days, it just isn't worth it to play chicken with some stranger in traffic, much less go looking for a fight with him (which is what you did, justified or not). Chill out, let the guy pass or whatever and lose the idea that you're gonna 'show' anybody anything.
At the least, you can get arrested for threatening and/or assualt, at worst, that skinny, pasty-faced weirdo driving the other car may have a loaded gun that, in his anger and/or fear/intoxicated state may be willing to unload into you. For what?

Thanks again for a good account of a scary incident and a good warning about 'road rage'.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2001, 05:07 PM   #3
Capri306

Yeah, I second that you're lucky to be in one piece. I give ya props for not taking crap, though. Remember, high power 'Stangs and angry driving are a sure way to get hurt or killed. Glad you're okay, though. He was really asking for an arse-stomping giving you the finger like that. In Michigan that's a misdemeanor if done in front of women and children, believe it or not!

Heh, looks like you found out what I've been telling my friends and family for a looooong time: never get behind damn Dodge/Plymouth minicans, ESPECIALLY green ones! Unless, however, you wanna get where you're going twice as long.

If I know somebody's after me or they're tripped out on doing something to me, I'll plant my car (hopefully my old F-250!) into theirs and wait for the cops to show up. That way at least you'll have a case and not end up dead (again, hopefully). I don't advise anyone else try that, but hey, it beats rocketing down the interstate trying to escape a lunatic, eh?

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 12:45 AM   #4
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

THAT WAS MY DAD YOU *** !

LOL

Sorry, but when I first read this, I could not stop laughing. I know it was a dangerous situation, and he could have come out with a gun, glad to hear you are OK.

I think you and I both know that the Ottawa po-po's will come and have a talk with you, if they got the call. I hope it does not get that far. What street were you on?

One last thing, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DRIVING YOUR CAR NOW? There is still salt on the roads!

Good luck

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
LOTS OF PRODUCTS, AWESOME PRICES! Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 08:22 PM   #5
Try Me
Registered Member

Talking

Thanks Guys - Administrator, very well thought reply.

It all happened in Hull on Taché Blvd.
It's been three days now and i'm still bothered about it.

88COBRA: C'mon man, the roads have been dry for a week, that must be "salt dust" you're talking about. When are you getting your car out?
Soon i hope, then maybe we can finally meet.
The LIZARD KING is taking his out in two weeks, then maybe we can all get together for some ribs?
Old 03-11-2001, 08:30 PM   #6
88COBRA
STANGPOWER.COM

Mine will not come out until Mid-Aprill May 1st. My car is in the backyard and so there is still lots of snow!

Ian

------------------
Ian Sim
webmaster@stangpower.com
STORED: 1988 Mustang GT "Canadian Cobra", stock, AOD, loaded
LOTS OF PRODUCTS, AWESOME PRICES! Visit my site:
http://www.stangpower.com

88COBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 08:44 PM   #7
Token Right Guy
Registered Member

Others have covered the danger you put yourself in, & while I completely understand the feelings of anger it gives you when someone cuts you off like that, we're missing one perspective here- that of the innocent person in the Integra, coming towards you. That could just as easily have been your girlfriend or mine, or one of us for that matter. The minivan driver was wrong for what he did, no question. BUT it was your reaction to him that put you facing oncoming traffic. Just be patient...why are you in a hurry to drop off your g/f anyway? Picking her up is one thing...
Okay, I'm done preaching now. *climbs down from soapbox*
Token Right Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 09:28 PM   #8
Cobra01
Registered Member

I don't mean to sound harsh here, but...

Road rage had nothing to do with it. Your lack of making a smart decision throughout the entire situation is what almost got you killed. I am so tired of people not taking accountability for their own actions. So the guy was a jerk, you chose to try to pass in the snow when there was no reason to be in a rush. You had another person in your car and there were others on the road you affected. To make matters worse, you made yourself look like a bigger jerk he was by choosing to go back to his house. Your lucky he wasn't a nutcase. Let it go next time, stress kills and it usually kills the innocent by-stander! My soap box.
Cobra01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 10:26 PM   #9
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Hey Cobra 01, I know Try Me's post is long, but maybe you should read it again.

There was no snow, and this azshole accelerated and pushed TryMe's car off the road. He prevented Mike from going by and put a lot of people in danger... and the worst is he was doing it by intention (fingers and everything).

I you ask me, this aszhole was asking for it. People don't carry guns in Canada (it's against the law)... I would of certainly freaked out if my wife and (soon to be born) kid(s) were in the car. I think TryMe actually contained his rage pretty good.

I mean I know TryMe, and I'm suprised his minivan is not on fire right now.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:11 PM   #10
dinomite
The Dude

Man, its stupid to go to the guys house, but I know that I would have done the EXACT same thing. I'm really glad your ok, that guy's a real aszhole. Some people really need to get their asz kicked, that pisses me off so much just to hear it. If he was really saying "That's right officer, his liscence plate is *** ***." then I doubt he was calling the cops cause the dispatchers aren't officers. Although he can't be too smart......... Given that you haven't gotten a visit yet, your ok. That guy is a Horrible Person. You can't get any worse in my book.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:23 PM   #11
Sac68
Registered Member

Whats up SeeOurWr....ooops, I mean Token Right Guy!

Sorry to interupt this thread, just realized a friend from another site is now on the MustangWorks as well and I felt I had to acknowledge it...
Sac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:31 PM   #12
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Angry

sac68

what other site?

Just curious.. we're invading MW!! hehe

and Try Me.. i can understand being pissed.. if someone endangered myself and the ladyfriend... ESPECIALLY the ladyfriend.. I could tell ya that it was wrong to go to his house.. but i CANT tell you i would have done the 'right' thing either. Glad both of you are ok.

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2001, 11:59 PM   #13
Try Me
Registered Member

Yeah, maybe isn't that smart to go back to his house, but the point is i didn't instigate this. It's a simple case of a goat-azz lunatic taking offense to a business-type couple driving home from work together in a convertible, top down.. and he felt he had to run me off the road for it.

This wreckless driving sh*t isn't cool - no need to preach that to this cat.
Old 03-12-2001, 01:55 PM   #14
COP TZR
Registered Member

HAHAHAhahahahahahaha!!!!
I didn't even relize it was u. You're from Ottawa like Ian. Did it really happen in da Quebec side dere. Those bunch of flying frenchmen. Did he call Quebec or Ontario Police. Quebec can't trace Ontario. Two different licence registries. I have to deal with these type of drivers all the time.
P.S. You ever driven through Kanata!
COP TZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 10:33 PM   #15
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

CopTzr, You ever come to Altavista & bank... we drive to Kanata, but rarely... you know Senators game or something.

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 11:28 PM   #16
Sac68
Registered Member

SkarodoM:

A couple other sites....SpeedMagazine, the "lifeboat"...
Sac68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 04:03 AM   #17
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Angry

what an a$$
Joe
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 08:40 PM   #18
Rev
Registered Member

Right or wrong, this minivan guy wouldn't last long in Texas.

Rev

------------------
'66 Coupe, 306, 300 HP, C-4, 13.97 e.t., 100.3 mph
1/4 mi.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote