View Single Post
Old 04-18-2004, 11:02 PM   #8
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I need to get the IAC cleaned soon. I picked up some cleaner today as the car actually died on me one time today slowing for a light. The rpms will drop real low at times at idle and apparently low enough to stall.

Just to be sure, the IAC is bolted to my upper plenum correct? There are two bolts. It looks like a small flying saucer. There is a very small tube on top that pulls right off. Can I squirt the cleaner in the top when the tube is removed? or do I need to remove the entire IAC? If so, where to I inject the cleaner?

There is a larger tube connected in the back. I assume this is the exhaust line return the exhaust to the plenum when it is needed. I assume that the car is gulping for air because the "plunger" in the IAC is not being allowed to open completely.

Can I screw this up in any way?

Thanks!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote