MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-03-2002, 10:38 AM   #1
Extremestang

Default Some recent pics and needed advise

Here's my car, 95 lx v6 (Procharger w/11psi tuner kit awaiting install in two weeks!) Other mods include: 3.45 ring and pinion w/ traction lock differential, aliuminum driveshaft, b&m stage 2 shift kit, b&m hammer shifter, solid urethane motor mounts and tranny mounts, b&m tranny cooler, dual 40 sieries flowmasters w/ custom h-pipe, '97 motor w/ported and polished upper and lower intakes, underdrive pullies, mac cai, 19lb injectors, bbk adjustable fuel regulator, in tank bbk 155 lph pump, gutted maf and throttle body, msd dis-4 ignition w/ msd 8.5 wires, the rest of the suspension upgrades include a bbk strut tower brace, eibach springs, kyb agx shocks and struts, sub frame connectors Appearance items include 17x9 eagle alloys, cobra headlights, hood pins, custom horse logo on body panels, shortened antenna, custom lighting and paint effects. This is the short list of mods.

Here's Lukes stroked 347 89 lx

As far as advise, those who have entered car shows, what are some of the do's and don'ts? What areas need the most attention? Tips and tricks welcome.

-1998 Ford Contour SVT #1199 of 6535
Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=24993
-Former Car: 1995 Ford Mustang
To many mods to list here..lost the car to Hurricane Isabel 9/18/03
http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/atta...chmentid=23621

Last edited by Extremestang; 07-03-2002 at 11:10 AM..
Extremestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 10:55 AM   #2
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Good to see the rims finally made it on the car.

Thanks for not returning my email, btw
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 11:18 AM   #3
Extremestang

mustangbelle306,

My apologizes if i forgot to write you back an e-mail, i dont remember seeing one from you. When was it sent? I'm moving to North Carolina on the 10th of July, so i've been pretty busy lately. My site really needs some updating, we have 20 members now, but i'm to lazy to put anything up. Hope to hear from you.

By the way, we have two cars in the club running in the 10's and one in the mid 12's! Once i get my supercharger on and tuned, i hope to be getting some solid numbers in the low 13 second range.

Bat y-pipe, Magnaflow Exhaust, MSDS headers, Bat intake tube, DMD, P/S & Alt Underdrives, Pro-M 75 mm MAF, K&N filter, Diablosport "tuned" Chip, Centerforce clutch, B&M short throw shifter and some suspension mods
Old 07-03-2002, 11:25 AM   #4
Extremestang

I'm also hoping that Dan will consider featuring my car on the site once i get everything finished and get some time slips to back it up. I also wouldn't mind if Nicolle thought about featuring a v6 in her stang stud of the month. Around here its hard for a v6 to compete with all the v8's on the board, but i'm gonna try and change that way of thinking, especially if i can get the car to be consistant. There's no replacement for displacement, but a 13.3 out of my v6 would be noteworthy. And yes, i'm still looking for an 87-89 lx to build as well. For those that know about that.

Old 07-03-2002, 12:38 PM   #5
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Lightbulb Show prep

Extremestang:

A few basic tips:

The more shine the better and of course detail is the big thing, whether it be in the engine compartment, door jambs or the underside.

Simply go for perfection - not a dull spot or a speck of dirt - and you're on your way to making points. Prepare to buff and shine everything when you arrive at the show and take your parking place. Bring all your cleaners and polishing rags with you. Don't forget a chair and a cooler, too.

Good luck.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 03:36 PM   #6
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

Good luck, man... that thing looks awesome!
Old 07-03-2002, 03:50 PM   #7
PKRWUD

Fine! Bail on Ventura! I see how you are!

Missing the humidity and the thunderstorms, huh?

Good luck!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 06:50 PM   #8
0h n0 5.0
Registered Member

Default Re: Some recent pics and needed advise

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Extremestang
[B]Here's my car, 95 lx v6 (Procharger w/11psi tuner kit awaiting install in two weeks!) Other mods include: 3.45 ring and pinion w/ traction lock differential, aliuminum driveshaft, b&m stage 2 shift kit, b&m hammer shifter, solid urethane motor mounts and tranny mounts, b&m tranny cooler, dual 40 sieries flowmasters w/ custom h-pipe, '97 motor w/ported and polished upper and lower intakes, underdrive pullies, mac cai, 19lb injectors, bbk adjustable fuel regulator, in tank bbk 155 lph pump, gutted maf and throttle body, msd dis-4 ignition w/ msd 8.5 wires, the rest of the suspension upgrades include a bbk strut tower brace, eibach springs, kyb agx shocks and struts, sub frame connectors Appearance items include 17x9 eagle alloys, cobra headlights, hood pins, custom horse logo on body panels, shortened antenna, custom lighting and paint effects. This is the short list of mods.

now THAT..... IS IS A SWEET V6!!!

excelent work my friend

1994 GT 5.0l
0h n0 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 09:35 PM   #9
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Talk to Topless in Texas....she can hook you up with the do's and don't of showing your car.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #10
Extremestang

Thanks for the props and tips, it takes alot of work! I remember the first time i met skyman down at the races, he said it was one of the nicest v6's he's ever seen. From that moment on, i knew i could start showing the car with little worry. I get alot of guys who want to race me because they think the car is an 8, it sounds like one, but thier chin hits the ground when i tell them its a 6! In my opinion, its still slow, until i get the procharger installed, then i can consider it fast for what it is.

PKRWD,

Yeah, i know, i feel the same way, but i'm getting out of the Navy on the 10th of July. My wife talked me into going back to where she's from, thats how i got to buy the supercharger, it was a fair trade. And the only stipulation was that i had to only live thier a year so she could finish college. If i absolutely cant stand it out there, i am coming back for sure. Ventura is my home, i like the people, the places, the climate. All my friends are here, so it will be hard when i head out East.

Last edited by Extremestang; 07-04-2002 at 11:16 AM..
Old 07-04-2002, 11:47 AM   #11
PKRWUD

Well, I'm sure you'll be missed! Hopefully we'll see you back here next summer!

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote