MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-11-2002, 12:21 AM   #1
Flamed95stang
Registered Member

Default Fan Switch Wont Work???

Ok i've had the manual fan switch on the car for quite some time now and last night it wouldnt turn on, no problem I think, get it the garage today and redo the wire all pretty like, and it still wont work. When I flip my switch I can hear a clicking noise from under the hood but the fan wont turn on. The blade moves freely so I know the motor isnt shot and the computer still turns it on, just I cant, WTF. Can I hook up a wire to one of the three that go to the fan itself or no? Any help would be appreciated.

**MODERATOR AT WWW.COLORADOSTANGS.COM**

Cobra upper and lower intake, bbk 70mm throttle bodie, mac cold air kit,
bbk/walbro 190lph fuel pump, pro m 75mm bullet mass air meter, jet computer chip, bbk lowering springs (1.5"), D&D adjustable upper rear controll arms, Indexed spark plugs,
gripp caster/camber plates, under drive pullys, msd 6al ignition, msd blaster coil, taylor 10.5mm plug wires, bassani exhaust with an x, saleen ceramic headers, 3:73 gears, E-303 cam,1.6 roller rockers, aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator, cobra r clutch, 180 thermostat, manual fan on/off switch (high), msd shift light, autometer volt, water and air/fuel carbon fiber, everything inside car, white faced guages, hurst pro 5.0 shifter,
Pro-M Remote Optimizer
And finally a new trans so now I can race again
Next up, some suspension work.

**Working on traction issue**

1/4 mile- 14.85@91mph at 5800ft above sea level
60'- 2.12
1/8 mile 9.52@72mph
Just some fyi, my times would be about this at sea level:
1/4 mile- 13.6
60'-1.8 or 1.7
1/8 mile- 8.2
Flamed95stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 12:23 AM   #2
MrShelby
Registered Member

i would check the switch. Perhaps your switch is bad. Or there is a short in the wiring somewhere.
MrShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 06:33 AM   #3
PKRWUD

Sounds like there is a problem with the relay. Try running a jumper wire from the battery pos to the terminal on the relay that the switch goes to. If the fan doen't work, it's the relay. If it does work, it's the wire between the switch and the relay, the supply to the switch, or the switch itself.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:51 AM   #4
Flamed95stang
Registered Member

Thanks I will give that a shot today pkrwud.

**MODERATOR AT WWW.COLORADOSTANGS.COM**

Cobra upper and lower intake, bbk 70mm throttle bodie, mac cold air kit,
bbk/walbro 190lph fuel pump, pro m 75mm bullet mass air meter, jet computer chip, bbk lowering springs (1.5"), D&D adjustable upper rear controll arms, Indexed spark plugs,
gripp caster/camber plates, under drive pullys, msd 6al ignition, msd blaster coil, taylor 10.5mm plug wires, bassani exhaust with an x, saleen ceramic headers, 3:73 gears, E-303 cam,1.6 roller rockers, aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator, cobra r clutch, 180 thermostat, manual fan on/off switch (high), msd shift light, autometer volt, water and air/fuel carbon fiber, everything inside car, white faced guages, hurst pro 5.0 shifter,
Pro-M Remote Optimizer
And finally a new trans so now I can race again
Next up, some suspension work.

**Working on traction issue**

1/4 mile- 14.85@91mph at 5800ft above sea level
60'- 2.12
1/8 mile 9.52@72mph
Just some fyi, my times would be about this at sea level:
1/4 mile- 13.6
60'-1.8 or 1.7
1/8 mile- 8.2
Flamed95stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2002, 11:56 AM   #5
LX5liter
dude5l

There is still the possibility that the fan motor is fried. The blade will still turn if there is a internal short or broken wire on the fan motor or windings. Check to see if you have power at the fan as well. Since you can hear a clicking under the hood your switch is probably O.K. and the problem is probably the relay.

Brad R.
1992 L.X. 5.0 coupe
MODS: A few little bolt ons
New Best time ...11.60 @ 128 mph @ 2000+ ft altitude.

Rice Haters Club member #39

Users rides #2542
LX5liter is offline   Reply With Quote