MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2001, 08:33 PM   #1
SlowStang2
Registered Member

Question A Question for 94-95 owners concerning 1.7RR INSTALL

OK I just got my M-6564-A50 roller rockers 1.7 "Cobra" and I better prepare myself for an installation done by me.
First of all, should I even attempt to install these myself??? I have done all of the work on my car that consists of the lower intake manifold up. So is this any harder than an injector install for example? In my instructions there are two sections. One for Stud Mounted and one for Bolt-on Types. Remember what I have from my sig. My kit consists of the RRs, the bolts, shims, pedestal insert, and something else that I do not know. It looks like a long plate about 3" long with 2 holes. Do I need to use this?
Yea, obviously I've never even seen this done, but hey you tell me.
Oh yea, the last step in the install says to start the engine and see how the oil flows..THEN it says "install rocker arm cover." Is this the valve cover? Don't tell me its ok to start a car without the covers on...

------------------
94' Stang GT Convertible --Cobra upper&lower, GT-40Y Turbo Swirl aluminum heads, Mac cold air w/K&N, BBK equal length shorties, BBK offroad H-pipe, American Thunder cat-back, BBK T/B 65mm, 24lb injectors, Pro-77mm MAM, pulleys, aluminum driveshaft, 3.55s, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, adjustable fuel regulator, Steeda strut tower and subframes 14.2@102 MPH on G-tech;?MPH at track. I know, I know I am working on it.
SlowStang2 is offline   Reply With Quote