MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-03-2001, 09:59 AM   #1
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

Cool new egt gauge..what primary to use?!??!

ordering it up 2day..getting auto meter gauge with race probe hookup..what primary do i stick the probe into..i thought i heard someone say #7 b4 but i dont remeber..i would want it in the leanest cylinder correct??thanks in advanced

------------------
1987 black notch(ex 4 banger)
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 04:26 PM   #2
juiceman
Registered Member

you would probably be better off with it in the leanest primary. especially if you know how to properly use an egt gauge. by any chance do you go up to spring valley races (masters). someone told me theres a stang that was kickin a$$ a few weeks ago from your area. send me a pick of your car, i live in monroe so i probably have seen you around.
juiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 05:30 PM   #3
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

hells yea i go to spring valley..i got the white notch that came 2 weeks ago with the white stormin normin hood..you arnt the notch that got beet by my buddy's turbo SI where you???or are you in compition nada??you might of seen my old car black hatch that raced alot

------------------
DSS 306 w/ main support...Elderbrock 6028 heads..gt-40 intake..24# injectors...70 mm tb..77 pro-m...accel 300+..mac full legnth..tremec w/ pro5oh...full MAC exhaust,off road h-pipe,long tubes, catback...ron davis radiator..subframes, control arms...CFDF II..o yea holley FPR sucks..dont buy one..
AIM=onesillynotch
Old 04-03-2001, 06:54 PM   #4
jchambers

I've got the Percy's dual channel EGT. I put one probe on #1 and one on #6. I was hoping to get one bad runner cylinder (#1) and one average runner cylinder (#6). I've been mainly watching #1, but even in differential mode there's not much difference between the two. Mine seem to peak at about 1363F. I've only got six runs under my belt with it though so I'm still trying to learn how changes in the tuning affect the temp readings.

------------------
Jeff Chambers
T/S #3
11.86 Seconds/113.8 MPH
Chambers Racing Team
Old 04-03-2001, 08:47 PM   #5
juiceman
Registered Member

i saw a notch but i thought it was primer grey and it was running race gas and slicks. cops made everyone leave when i pulled up so i went home. i dont bring a race car down, just go to watch and look for costumers. i build cars and motors so i gotta look at the competition. as for competition none, haha. i know those guys. i was supposed to do work for them. their cars are slow. i use to beat them with my car all the time a few years ago. are you friends with them or do you race them? we should hang out and make fun of the competition sometime.

jeff, egt gauge can be used to figure alot of things . hotter temps can show lean cyl. and other things. and you can also figure power output to a degree. remember, heat makes power. look at other guys readings and compare. you might find that someone who is really fast has a 1500 reading. experiment and watch the gauge.
Old 04-04-2001, 01:15 AM   #6
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

i was looking at the auto meter one or a Greddy one cuz who better to make a EGT gauge than a turbo company..

juiceman..no im not freinds with those guys..we taken some $$ from them b4 with out cars..we had a stock 87 lx(my old car) that ran like a raped ape and they wouldnt pay us after i beet them cuz they thought it was modded..i saw that primer notch..sounded good but my car would sound like that if i had dumps also..not my thing..yea we should meet up next time..what kinda car you got

------------------
AIM=onesillynotch
Old 04-04-2001, 02:03 AM   #7
juiceman
Registered Member

who was it that didnt pay you? do you remember his name? i have a 79 fairmont but it wount be on the streets till late spring or early summer. other than that i drive a 88 t-bird w/302 of course. let me know when youre going to masters and maybe ill go up there. otherwise ill keep an eye out for you in town. maybe ill try to race you to. although id lose. only got 2 gears left in aod.
Old 04-04-2001, 11:44 AM   #8
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

it was larry who wasnt ganna pay me..but then he did..i even gave the guy a flashlight and let him check the car again but he wouldnt..ran him on the way back to shits and giggles and beet him again..i guess the guy thought he had a fast car or someting cause he raced me for $$ with lance in the passanger side..o yea it was plum crazy that i raced..
hey why do you call it masters..i know why..how long have you been going there..im there very single week..usually by a blue turbo si, yellow s-2000, silver porshe, couple mustangs

------------------
AIM=onesillynotch
Old 04-04-2001, 03:05 PM   #9
juiceman
Registered Member

haha, i know larry and lance. there knuckle heads. ive been going there for around 10 years. that plum crazy car is the one i was supposed to work. i offered him a setup to go mid 12's for 1500 $ and he decided that suspension was the way to go and went to someone else. thats a bone stock motor.
ill look around for you next time im there.
Old 04-05-2001, 09:18 AM   #10
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

well i found out after we raced that it is not a bone stock motor....he has the stock heads shaved and ported..prolly same with intake..cuz honestly why the **,k would you put a 65mm tb on a bone stock mustang..you dont..the car that beet him had a stock one..along with stock mass air..his story changed around alot..buts its all good cuz his @ss got hussled in the end..my boys crx took down thier GN b4 also..

------------------
AIM=onesillynotch