MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-17-2002, 05:31 PM   #1
gtsr515
Registered Member

Default Non-H.O. 5.0 questions.....

Hey Guys! it's been awhile, got some questions fer ya, just bought a 88 Lincoln Town Car for a daily driver, tuned her up runs great, but what are the MAIN differences between the H.O and the regular old 5.0, is this the same motor that comes in a Bronco and Marquis, Vic's etc?, Also, the dude I bought it off of put some donated for free tires on it, there brand new Goodyears, but the wrong size, does anyone know what came on the TC, I think they are 215/70/16's but not sure?????????????????????

This is what I know or suspect:

Different Cam?
Exhaust Manifolds v.s. headers
Firing Order?
Different Computer?

WHAT ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2002, 07:26 PM   #2
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default I can't help, but....

It's been awile since I've seen you around. How are things going? There have been a few changes since you left. Welcome back, Keith.

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 08:17 PM   #3
gtsr515
Registered Member

I'm doing fine, thank you!

Yes, it's been a long time since I have been here and thats because I have serious "been there, done that" experience and after repetatively being slammed for my suggestions (facts) by some punks that don't know a TPS from UPS! So I have completely submerged myself in my other passion.....Electric Guitar, I am a 1980's George Lynch, Eddie Van Halen, etc, wannabee, some songs you couldn't tell a difference between them or me, so that explains my absence. Thanks for recognizing me though as I have always offered only tried and true advice, basically sick of the crap, ya know, I love this site, but..............

Kind of a last straw thing.

But enough of my whinning, what changes lately are you refering to?
Old 09-17-2002, 09:57 PM   #4
Kamaro Killer
Mustang Enthusiast

Default Well...

If you havn't noticed, the posts are now on our profile instead of being visable on each post. Jim, a.k.a. Mr 5.0 has stepped down as a moderator also. A few new moderators have been appointed too, one of them is Eric4Nitrous, the other is Shelby428cj. That's about it, I think. What are your plans for the 5.0? Take care, Keith.

Rice Hater's Club Member 22
Kamaro Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 11:06 PM   #5
88coupe
Registered Member

My Friend converted his Non H.O. 5.0 to H.0. in his 88 Cougar, im pretty sure all that was required was just Heads, Cam, Upper&Lower intakes off any H.0. moter. The exhaust manifolds are diff. also. Firing order is changed to 351 firing order also. I think thats bout it. The cougar hauls *** now....
88coupe is offline   Reply With Quote