MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2004, 02:35 PM   #27
88fivepointoh
Registered Member

I feel like there is way to many mixed matched parts happening here. First, get a new UPPER AND LOWER.. The Victor 5.8 fine, secondly, get the bbk fenderwell cold air intake, it will work great I use it myself. Reset your Timing at 16 degrees. You said h-pipe with cats or without? If you have cats, GET RID OF THEM, they will kill you the most. if everything is up tp par, you shouldn't have idleing issues. Check you ignition too, Run a separite Ground Strap from the battery to the Distributor hold down nut and see if she smooths out.. I has crazy problems with a bad ground cable that looked to be in mint shape. They corrode from the inside out. Ignition coil too, check that. when you pull the chip, is your idle set properly? I think A complete look over is needed, maybe get second opinions or a local guy to help you out. Your engine biulder mighty know how to build a block but know $hit about getting it to work with the components. Thats my guess.....
88fivepointoh is offline   Reply With Quote