MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-16-2002, 05:44 PM   #1
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Question Cervini's or Saleen?

I was thinking of getting either a Cervini's ground effects kit or a Saleen's one. I know the Cervini's costs more but they also say that they have a better finish and fit than Saleen's stuff. Please point me in the right direction. The kit that i want looks the same but the quality is what i'm looking for (as well as bang for the buck). THe kit can be featured in the December issue of 5.0 Mustang and Super Fords (page 84-88) The color will be silver, and the wheels will be silver. The hood will depend on the kit. And for a wing, i'm not sure yet. Plenty Thanks!!!
BlackFireN2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2002, 06:02 PM   #2
stang4to8
Registered Member

Default saleen

go with the saleen, its the king of looks & the king of mustangs!
stang4to8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 09:16 AM   #3
drudis

I have the Cervini front ground effects. Nice piece, but its Glass! The genuine Saleen parts are more forgiving in stone chips and flexing...

p.s. When you attach it to the car. ONLY use urethane (windshield glue) and NO screws. Not necessary if you have enough friends and clamps to hold it still while it dries.
http://www.dariusrudis.com
drudis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #4
stang4to8
Registered Member

Default saleen

nice ride bro. what year is it? i have an 88 x4cyl auto conv to 89 5.0efi & 5speed. i will most certainly saleen my scalet red 88 hatch, already have saleen wing, just need the rest. saleen parts are made from urethane, flexable, just like the origional bumper covers. my car is in user rides, stang4to8
Old 10-17-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Default Cervini's Air Dam and Bumper Filler

Does anyone know what the Cervini's Air Dam and Bumper Filler are for? Are they only for the LX? The Air Dam is $229 and the Bumper Filler is $29? Plenty Thanks!!
Old 10-18-2002, 12:13 AM   #6
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

This is Cervini on a notch. Mach 1 hood, side skirts, wing, and rear valence. Top quality stuff, but I did have to sand a bit on the wing to remove fiberglass sloppiness.
I have the picture of the rear at work so I will post it tomarrow.
There's the bumper filler you are asking about. Haven't figured out how to get my front license plate back on, but haven't got pulled over for it.....yet.
May have to use more than one post if I can only attach one picture.

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stang left side.jpg (85.0 KB, 100 views)
Spec Service (UHP), BFG G-Force KDW's, Turbo Coupe 3.55 rear w/disks, 73mm calipers, Stg 1 Twisted Wedges, TFS Street Intake, 70mm TB, E cam, Crane 1.7's, Aeromotive FPR, BBK 1 5/8 shorties, elec fan, FMS Al Radiator, Moroso Wires, Kenne Bell Ramair, March pulleys, Race Magnums, 190 lph Walbro, FMS Al Dshaft, D/S loop, MM 4point rollbar, FMS C spngs, strut tower brace, Tokico Illuminas, Prothane bushings, MM Lwr Conrol Arms, KB welded subs, Cervini Mach 1 hood/valence/side skirts/wing/airdam.
DZEE'S LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 12:26 AM   #7
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

can't seem to attach files worth a sh**
will try from work tomarrow.

Dan
Spec Service (UHP), BFG G-Force KDW's, Turbo Coupe 3.55 rear w/disks, 73mm calipers, Stg 1 Twisted Wedges, TFS Street Intake, 70mm TB, E cam, Crane 1.7's, Aeromotive FPR, BBK 1 5/8 shorties, elec fan, FMS Al Radiator, Moroso Wires, Kenne Bell Ramair, March pulleys, Race Magnums, 190 lph Walbro, FMS Al Dshaft, D/S loop, MM 4point rollbar, FMS C spngs, strut tower brace, Tokico Illuminas, Prothane bushings, MM Lwr Conrol Arms, KB welded subs, Cervini Mach 1 hood/valence/side skirts/wing/airdam.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:42 AM   #8
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

You can check out my stang for the Cervini GT Stalker front end. The sides are the stock GT ground effects and the rear bumper is a stock cobra.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 11:06 AM   #9
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

Try this....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stang lh front.jpg (671.4 KB, 61 views)
Old 10-18-2002, 11:12 AM   #10
DZEE'S LX
Registered Member

The rear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stang rear.jpg (659.1 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-18-2002, 10:55 PM   #11
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Well, I'm thinking about getting the 4 piece ground effects kit from Cervini's but i need some suggestions on what hood and wing i should get. The Cervini's double stack wing doesn't appeal to me much, but i can see it growing on me in the future. I need some suggestions that will make the car's effects all flow together, cause the regular cowl hoods don't have smooth lines (pretty boxy) and the kit looks pretty smooth and free flowing. Thanks in advance. PEACE!
Old 10-20-2002, 11:29 PM   #12
jim_howard_pdx
Registered Member

Cool

Personally I like the Cobra R hood from the 351 W car. It has about a 3.5 inch rise and it is really smooth.

I like both the cervani and the saleen stuff, but I would advise against going weird with a back spoiler. You see, other than the saleen racing spoilers, all the others actually REDUCE rear tire adhesion. They just look good.

I love to laugh at all the Rice rockets out there with their huge two and three deck rear spoilers that if they did actually work, they would UNLOAD the front end which is where they really need the traction?????

Man I laugh so hard it hurts.

I really like that Cervanti hood with the NASA style hood scoops just like the ram air 71-73 Mach II hood scoops. They look real nice.

YOU HAVE A TOUGH CHOICE! Just make sure to run a Saleen rear racing wing. It will actually HELP your car.
Old 10-21-2002, 12:11 AM   #13
fast88
Registered Member

Default 86 with cervini's kit

heres a pic of my 86 with the cervini's kit and a mach 1 hood
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003_03.jpg (42.1 KB, 47 views)
88 Notchback orig. 4 cylinder car with a efi v8 swap from a wrecked 89 5.0 hatch,edelbrock performer rpm's 190/160,typhoon intake,comp cams 1.6 rockers,65mm tb and spacer,pa performance c4 w/ 3000 stall,3.73's auburn pro, 31 spline mosers,mac off road h-pipe,1 5/8 shorties ,and 2 1/2 pro dumps,kirban fpr,190 lph walbrp.
SOON TO BE BLOWN!
fast88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 08:50 PM   #14
BlackFireN2O
Registered Member

Actually, i personally like those imports with the crazy wings? I mean like you said, some people put spoilers cause they like the look. I mean most of these import motorists want a balance of their idea of beauty with power (notice i said import motorists because the term "ricers" only refers to people with all show and no go that want to race a tricked out stang ). Most of them don't care if it takes alittle traction off the front tires because they either they can make it up in their perception of their car and like the look, or race the import guys with the crazy wings anyway so their's no handicap. Anyway, thanks for all the replies. PEACE
Old 10-22-2002, 05:47 AM   #15
stang4to8
Registered Member

Default wings

goodmorning! well i live in hudson NH & ITS LIKE THE FAST & THE FURIOUS around here. dodge neons with big body kits & a trsh can muffler you can put your head in. wtf is up w/ the HUGE metal wings these wannabe ricer imports use anyway. cant stand this & its driving me nuts. ive got an 88 hatch thats very loud & ive never been messed w/ by an import- the car is prob. a little intimidating. jeez even my wife has a bright red 92 notch- stock, and they dont go there either-----DOWN W/ ALL THE HUGE DORKY METAL WINGS & HONDAS WHO THINK THEYLL WIN AGAIST A MUSTANG!
Old 10-22-2002, 10:48 AM   #16
jim_howard_pdx
Registered Member

There are a couple of 9 second twin turbo RX-7's, several 10-12 second Honda B engines (1.8 to 2.2 liter strokers) with NOS or Blowers, and then there are the masses of 16 valve wanna bee's out here in Portland Oregon.

My Mustang makes 420 HP or so. Big WHOP. It pushes the quarter in only 13 seconds and some clicks. (3.25 gears and a C4 Tranny).

My buddies Honda CRX does 12.41 on a stock Acura 1.8 liter engine dropped into his light ride with a racing clutch and racing slicks. That's it. He gets 33 mpg going to and from the track and can walk all over my car.

Now if I put in an AOD or an overdrive manual, slip in some taller gears with slicks I would be running 11.7 to 11.9. He knows that and he respects my engine. The point is that rice burners are alot of fun to build, to drive, and to race.

For grins, whenever I line up with one at a street light, I rev my engine to about 6,500 RPM and hold it for about 3/4 of a second. To that little Honda next to me, it must seem like he is visiting NASCAR row, because only one or two have the guts to come out on the light. When they do, I am running 0-80 mph in about 8 seconds, so I am pulling away from them just when they thought they had a chance.

Most Mustangs can be easily modified to run mid 11's, and late 10's just means the car will not be street friendly. A 10 second rice burner still turns 25-30 mpg and can be street driven with no problems or consequences.

I really wish FORD would put some serious effort into 9,000 RPM 2 liter motors. They are addictively fun. My Honda Civic with a 1.6 VTEC engine is a kick to drive. When the RPM hits 5500 RPM the racing cam is kicked into gear and the car feels like my Mustang did with the HI-PO 289. In fact, the 1.6 liter quarters in 15.6 seconds (similar to my stock mustang with 2.79 gears) and gets 38 mpg at 70 mph. You cannot beat it. It handles better, has decent brakes, and the aerodynamics are first rate. I would probably survive a 45 mph front end collision where in my 66, the engine would be on my lap, and the solid steering column and steering wheel would have crushed my chest.

My Mustang is a Raw, unadulterated, purpose built vehicle. It is intimidating. Most rice burners are flat out afraid to race.

I just get a major laugh when I see kids put 6-8 thousand dollars into a body kit, paint, stripes and a wing. I could build another Mustang like mine for about 10,000 and it would run early 11's, get 15-20 mpg, and turn heads everywhere it goes. Early Mustangs are a kick because of their extreme light weight and power potential. That is why Carroll Shelby chose to modify it for B Track racing.

I am just glad to see the rice burners involved in high performance, because as they grow up they will keep high performance part pipelines full. Racing is fun for all of us, and I enjoy the competition.

Drive safe everyone, I've had to bury a few good friends and it is always really stupid stuff that did them in. Like racing on a rough road, or going too fast through corners, or having cars pull in front of them while they were at 80-90-or 100 mph. Keep the racing at the track, and intimidate the rest at the street light.

I BLEED FORD OVAL BLUE

NOW just how light can I make a fox body Mustang? I really want to build a 2200 lb car and strap in a 550 HP engine. To me this is what the sport is really about. DOMINANCE!
Old 10-22-2002, 02:10 PM   #17
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I personally like Cervinis stuff a lot more than Saleen. The look is more to my liking, and I may be wrong, but doesn't the Saleen kit just come with front and rear valances instead of actual full bumper covers? To me that is a very cheap way to go about fixing up a car. Why take one piece on your car and make it two? Gimme complete one-piece bumper covers any day.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 04:27 PM   #18
stang4to8
Registered Member

Default saleen kits

as far as the bdy kits go the stalker front bumper cover is a 1 piece unit but the saleen & cevinis copy of the saleen kit are like u say addons to the factory bumpercovers. i just cannot help drooling everytime i see a saleen or anystang w/ saleen body kit, theyre so aggressive & mean looking. as far as the ricers go, thats right, were all in it 4 the fun of modifiing but id 1st start w/ aride[mustang] that can get out of its own way 1st before i bought an import that needs thousands to do what a stang can stock. there are the exceptions w/ some ricers running in the 11 or 12 sec rang, the nissan 300z or other ricers at 30 grand & over & we have them in NH. I was referring to all the big pants KIDS running around in a car that mommy & daddy bought them{w/ the big stupid metal wing 4 christmas] trying to race everyone in the whole town----we all see this fast & the furious crap & i wish that movie never happened. THE AUTOMOTIVE WORLD HAS TAKEN A TURN FOR THE WORSE. we need to enlighten the unenlightened, horsepower, not torque steer! gotta run, keep the stang tires frying jay
Old 11-01-2002, 02:54 PM   #19
ccf
Registered Member

Thumbs up

hi guys, i've got some good news for all you. we are a canadian based company who manufactures fiberglass body part exclusively for 79-2003 mustangs. check us out on the net @ www.canadiancustomfiberglass.com we are extremely excited about the release of our own kit for the 79-93 fox body, named the stallion kit. it is really in a class of it's own when compared to the stalker or saleen. the stallion kit is on sale right now for only $799 US plus shipping it is a steal. as well as the stallion we also offer plently other mustang accessories for all years mustangs from 79 to present. check us out.

thanks
ccf
ccf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 08:07 PM   #20
VeNuM
Registered Member

WARNING! CCF doesn't have too many happy customers, just head over to stangnet and run a search on them, you'll be shocked what you find. Just filling you in, ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote