MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-21-2002, 01:44 PM   #1
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Cool Supercharged Engine Build Up Questions

Hey Guys i read a post about 680 RWHP yesterday and was wondering how exactly forcing air into the engine affects all the components.

I noticed he only had 185 cc intake runners.

I would have thought the bigger the runners the more air could flow without resistence? Is this wrong?

Coudl some explain to me cam selection for supercahrged applications along with head choosing and intake?

Should i just build a N/A engine to its fullest with low compresson then just slap a blower on?

What do you guys think of basicalyla all out victor jr. combo heads intake cam and everything wiht forged internals.

under 15 ibs of boost?

coudl i even run this on teh street and keep my power accesories?

What woudl i be making?

THanks Guys all help would be appreciated.

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:26 PM   #2
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

those vic jrs are great blower heads as are the trick flows..both of them flow extremly well..

i would kow what you ant b4 you build it..if you were going N/A then i would rather use a set of AFR 185's..point being the trick flows flow more but the AFR's make more power because they make more velocity..thats why AFR's are a better NA heads and the trick flows are a better blower head..i mean you can make the AFR's a better blower head by getting there bigger exhaust port options or with going with a 205 head instaed of a 185

how much power you want to make depends on you..bacailly thiere is only one way to make big power..thats "cubic dollers"

You might want to hold on..i saw this on a cartoon once
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 09:11 PM   #3
vetteeatr
Registered Member

What about windsor Sr. Heads for supercharging? 200 cc 2.02 and 1.60

Could someone give me a brief run donw on supercahrgeing basics abotu runners volume and compression and cam selection.

Am I gonna be able to make this a streetable combo?

Also Ive heard that even if the heads are designed for lets say 2500-6500 PRM useage due to the blower hte wll actaully keep building power past that?

Any thoughts on this?

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 01:13 PM   #4
LaxMan
Registered Member

You are having the same problem that I was when i was N/A. I also have the Darts 2.02 and I was DOG SLOW without my blower. I would run mid 13's but when I ran with a blower I droped down to low 12's -High 11's. WIth only a cam change and blower addition.

My setup now is

Dart heads (2.02), Edelbrock Performer intake,
crane RR, Blower Cam, 36lb Injectors, 80mm Mass, 65 TB
Shorty headers, Off Road, and Dynomax 2.5 Cat back
AOD, 3:73. Stock suspension and 3225 with Driver
T-Trim supercharger

Right now I run 6.98 @100.33 in the 1/8 mile with a 1.64 60ft
with my old Powerdyne 7.57@ 92.2

SOoooo, the Darts are very capable of producing power but you HAVE to have a blower to make them work on a 306 ci motor.
#3325 w/ driver
6.9882@100.33 1/8th
LaxMan is offline   Reply With Quote