MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-19-2001, 10:59 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Post So frustrated! Have you been there??

Are all projet cars as frustrating as mine?? It seems like every time I make progress someting bad happens. I'm almost ready to sell everything. I've read many books on how to execute a 351W swap yet I'm having such a hard time. I bought a great looking car in full drag mode and I get the wrong parts sent to me and it costs a fortune to send them back. The latest thing is the H-pipe that I had customized does not have fittings for the all important O2 sensors. this sucks. Anyone care to share anuy stories about their struggles??
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 11:40 PM   #2
K.C. 5.0
Registered Member

I feel your pain. It seems like every project I start on changes from an hour or two into a full day. Getting shipped the wrong parts is the worst. My stang is my only form of transportation. So, when i get the wrong part it's usually one of those deals where I tear down my car to put the part on and then it don't work so then not only do you have to send the part back and get something else, but you have to put your car back together and all that time you spent working on it was a waist of time.
But, it always seems to pay off in the end.

[This message has been edited by K.C. 5.0 (edited 07-20-2001).]
K.C. 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 01:28 AM   #3
WADS56
gear banger

Been there. It was time for me to do a new motor so I started it in Febuary thinking it would be done by spring. WRONG!!! I took the block in to a machine shop to get it bored, decked, and filled with hard block and gave them the rotating assembly so they could ballance it. It took them 5 months to get it done and my whole summer of camaro smacking was out the window.

------------------
NA 347 W/ stage 2 Canfield heads, out of the box Victor 5.0 intake, solid roller cam, Aeromotive fuel system.
MY CAR http://www.mustangworks.com/cgi-bin/...splay.cgi?1288
WADS56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 07:59 AM   #4
RMARIANI
Registered Member

My bad experiences have less to do with my mods and more to do with the nature of the car. I live in Jersey and this past winter was the worst one we've had in about 5 years. My car is a daily driver (wife has brandy new Ford Explorer, and yes I dumped the Firestones for new Michelins) so I use it year round. Well during the first major storm I got stuck about 4 miles from home. I was able to "slide" into a parking lot and walked home. I swore I would sell my stang and buy a pickup or jeep. But you know, the very next sunny day, when you start her up and hear and feel the power, there's nothing like it. I still have my GT, and I'll probably get stuck in the snow again, but who cares?? I'd rather get stuck in my stang than not have her at all!!
RMARIANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 08:48 AM   #5
1989_351W
Registered Member

Feel your pain. Just last night I was dropping a 351 in my 89 LX and got everything to line up, bolted the trans to the engine and went to rotate the engine to get the remaining trans bolts and the engine wouldn't budge. Somehow the crank was hitting on the oil pan. well I pulled it out unbolted the oil pan looked for rubbing, found nothing. put it back on and it rotates fine. By that time it was 10pm and I have to get up early for work. This car was suppose to be done weeks ago.
I can't give up, Ive gone this far. It just gets so frustrating. Especially when my wife is bitching about buying more parts, I think thats the most frustrating part!
1989_351W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 09:01 AM   #6
RED92LX50
Registered Member

Funny you mention wives complaining about parts...I told my wife I wanted to spend $600 on Gears and a Driveshaft - she says "Didn't the car come with those". Classic.
RED92LX50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2001, 10:54 AM   #7
88conv
Registered Member

I've got to get in on this one. Car is running great but hey- I had to have 3.73 gears. Put them in- drove it two days-pinion seal goes out- another $100. I pick up the car and drive it home- second gear goes out in my aod. Now in shop- $1200. I've been under my car more lately than in it.
I didn't even mention the installation of a shift kit which when installed was totally missing second. Another time maybe.

------------------
88 GT Conv.,K&N,Dynomax 2 1/2 Super Turbo, FMS 3.73,all free mods.
88conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2001, 12:04 AM   #8
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Well, I had to drop my car off at 9:30 cause my tow truck buddy was "busy". Midas didn't take the car in until 2:30 and they never finished it. It's still sitting in the garage. They are gonna whack me for about 150.00 too. Hopefully, I pray I can hear her start tomarrow. It's been over a year since I sold my 87GT and I really could use the "therapy" of a mustang. Sounds like everyone has had their fair share of problems too. I guess I'm not the only one.
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote