MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-30-2001, 08:30 PM   #1
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

Post What the f%^$!! Is it possible for the vac. tree to blow fluid into the plenum????

I had a fuel leak on the drivers side rail so naturally I had to remove the plenum. I first removed the cover to the plenum and I found a dark fluid sitting in a small puddle right where my vac. line enters the plenum through the fitting on the underside of the plenum. What the hell is it?? I blew through the vac. line coming from the vac tree and a little bit of fluid came out and it looked to brake fluid b/c it was darker than my oil. What does that vac. tree do and could it be brake fluid or engine oil. I have been having cooling problems since the motor first started. Thanks

------------------
Finally DONE!!
93 GT, 393 stroker w/ Edlebrock Performer heads and EFI, 30lb injectors, Dynamic Roller Mite C4, 8 pt cage, Sothside Machine bars & Sub-frames, 3.73's, '69 351W block w/SCAT crank.
Stang_ROTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 08:56 PM   #2
CRIPPLED PONY
Registered Member

If that is the same side your fuel leak was at, then more than likely it gas. If gas sets on the manifold long enough it breaks back down in to oil. If it sets long enough it doesn't even smell like gas any more. Good luck
CRIPPLED PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 09:48 PM   #3
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

But how does gas or egine oil get into the upper manifold? The throttle body and intake was clean as a whistle when looking through the upper manifold with the cover off. Still new looking. I'm really trying to determine if my engine builder screwed something up becasue he attached the line to the vac. tree. What lines run in and out of the vac. tree on the firewall?
Old 07-31-2001, 01:44 AM   #4
blueneonman1
Registered Member

Well, the brake booster is connected to the vacuum tree. Maybe the pushrod connected to the master cylinder is leaking and fluid is being pressurized out the vacuum line on the booster. You would have to remove the booster to find that out I would think.

------------------
Blueneonman - '95 5.0L Mustang GT Convertible | K&N Custom Cold Air Intake | FMS 9mm Wires | Hollow Cats | Flowmaster 2 Chambers | BBK Subframes | 6-pt Rollcage | King Cobra Clutch | FMS Adjustable Clutch Cable | B&M Short Throw | Coolest Neon Lighting on a Mustang EVER!

Homepage: http://www16.brinkster.com/blueneonman/
blueneonman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 06:34 AM   #5
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

blueneonman1- So can I rule out my engine being toasted?? Thanks for the tip on the booster. Any advice on how to accomplish that? I've never touched the brake booster on a 5.0 before. thanks
Old 07-31-2001, 01:57 PM   #6
K.C. 5.0
Registered Member

I'd check your vac. line connections and make sure they are attached good. I had to use clamps on mine after installing my new intake. If you had a leak on the drivers side rail, when the rail is under pressure it will spit out fuel bad. At lest mine did. But if your vac. wasn't on good and tight it could have sucked in the fuel that was spraying out of your rail. Just something to check. Might not be your problem.

------------------
95gt 80k, MSD 6AL, MSD coil, pulleys, fpr, cold air kit, off road h-pipe, flowmasters, 3.73, 9mm wires, mega bite jr lowers, kennybrown subframe connectors, edelbrock performer intake, 70mm TB, 73mm C&L, 24lb injectors Aluminum Driveshaft, Tri-Ax shifter.
K.C. 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2001, 03:02 PM   #7
Stang_ROTY
Registered Member

K.C. 5.0 - That's a great idea that possible the fuel was sucked in. But I pulled the vac. hose off the tree and blew into it while it was still connected to the plenum and more fluid poured into the plenum from the vac line. So I figured that it had to be brake fluid but I could be wrong. As long as it's not engine oil...I'm happy.